|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was meat usually roasted, according to Pretty-shield?
(a) Over the fire in the chief's lodge.
(b) On sticks over the fire.
(c) In the sun on rocks.
(d) In holes in the ground.
2. When Pretty-shield and her mother were looking for the colt that had lagged behind, what wouldn't Pretty-shield's mother let the colt do?
(a) Chase other colts.
(d) Drink from the river.
3. How old was Pretty-shield when her man "took her"?
4. How many "snows ago" did Pretty-shield tell Linderman her man, Goes-ahead, had been gone?
5. What did a man call out when he wanted to visit another man in his lodge?
(a) "Can I come in?"
(b) "Are you there?"
(c) "Are doors open?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the husband of Lion-woman do to himself when he was reunited with his family?
2. What did Pretty-shield's mother use to wipe away their tracks to keep the Lakota from finding them?
3. What was the name of Sitting-heifer's man?
4. When the woman and her young daughter knelt down to take a drink, what kind of tracks did they find in the mud by the river?
5. What month is it when it's "in the moon that plums fall"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precautions did the women take that had just had a baby?
2. How did Pretty-shield reply when Linderman asked her if the men who had died at Little Bighorn had been buried?
3. What did Pretty-shield state were the happiest days of her life?
4. How does Pretty-shield describe Goes-ahead?
5. How was meat cooked in what Pretty-shield refers to as meat-holes?
6. Who was the Crow that "challenged" Sitting Bull, and what important question did he ask Sitting Bull?
7. Who were the people that accompanied General Custer to the battle at Little Bighorn?
8. What was the name of the woman that won a battle against the Lakota, how old was she, and what did she do to chase off the Lakota?
9. What happened to the woman that was picking plums and was bitten by a rattlesnake?
10. Why was Feather-woman not chosen to go back with her Lakota people?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)