|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when it's "in the moon that plums fall"?
2. Why did Pretty-shield cover piles of meat with buffalo robes and trample on them?
(a) To make the meat tough.
(b) To squeeze out the blood in the meat.
(c) To give the meat better taste.
(d) To rid the meat of evil spirits.
3. What did Pretty-shield use to tan her robes and skins?
(a) Sunflowers and cactus.
(b) The liver and brains of the animal.
(c) Roots and dirt.
(d) The intestines and stomach of the animal.
4. In the story of raking the plums, where did the woman get bitten by a rattlesnake?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her toe.
(c) Her finger.
(d) Her foot.
5. What did the husband of Lion-woman do to himself when he was reunited with his family?
(a) He sang to the heavens.
(b) He drew blood from his arms with his knife.
(c) He fasted for ten days straight.
(d) He cut off one of his fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pretty-shield's mother use to wipe away their tracks to keep the Lakota from finding them?
2. On the fourth morning, the stranger came to the woman and her daughter and told them his name. What was his name?
3. The Crow chief that rode into the circle to talk to Sitting Bull carried a tail of a buffalo that had what on it?
4. What was the name of Pretty-shield's boy that lived past being a baby?
5. How many children did Pretty-shield have?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Pretty-shield, how were babies bathed?
2. Who was the Crow that "challenged" Sitting Bull, and what important question did he ask Sitting Bull?
3. When the woman first met the white bear in the story of Lost-boy, what did the white bear offer the woman and her child?
4. In the story of Lost-boy, how did Lost-boy burn his face?
5. What happened to the woman that was picking plums and was bitten by a rattlesnake?
6. How does Pretty-shield describe Goes-ahead?
7. What bird did Pretty-shield tell Linderman had big medicine, and what did she ask Linderman about this particular bird?
8. How did Linderman reply when Pretty-shield asked him if he had ever talked to animal-people?
9. How did Pretty-shield reply when Linderman asked her if the men who had died at Little Bighorn had been buried?
10. What question did Linderman ask Pretty-shield in the beginning of Chapter 16 that pleased her?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)