|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the husband of Lion-woman do to himself when he was reunited with his family?
(a) He drew blood from his arms with his knife.
(b) He sang to the heavens.
(c) He fasted for ten days straight.
(d) He cut off one of his fingers.
2. How many Crow women were captured by the Lakota in the story of the woman escaping from the Lakota village?
3. When Plenty-coups entered the sun-lodge with three other warriors, he gave a war cry and then did what?
(a) Turned to his brothers to have them repeat the war cry.
(b) Aimed his gun and fired.
(c) Moved the wood from the burning fire.
(d) Fell to his knees and prayed.
4. What did Pretty-shield's mother use to wipe away their tracks to keep the Lakota from finding them?
(a) A wolf's skin.
(b) Porcupine quills.
(c) A bear's fur coat.
(d) A horse hair brush.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 18, Linderman asks Pretty-shield if Goes-ahead was with who when they died?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) General Terry.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) General Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Crow chief was meeting with some blue soldiers, how many young Crow men promised to meet the blue soldiers at the mouth of the Tongue River after the talking was over?
2. What did a man call out when he wanted to visit another man in his lodge?
3. How many children did Pretty-shield have?
4. What was the name of the old Negro errand runner?
5. How many people was Son-of-the-morning-sun with when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were some of the Sore-lip members that Pretty-shield mentioned in Chapter 17, and what was their medicine?
2. What bird did Pretty-shield tell Linderman had big medicine, and what did she ask Linderman about this particular bird?
3. Why was Feather-woman not chosen to go back with her Lakota people?
4. What question did Linderman ask Pretty-shield in the beginning of Chapter 16 that pleased her?
5. What was the name of the aged Negro that Linderman mentioned in Chapter 15, and who had he been a servant to?
6. In the story of Lost-boy, how did Lost-boy burn his face?
7. Who was the Crow that "challenged" Sitting Bull, and what important question did he ask Sitting Bull?
8. What precautions did the women take that had just had a baby?
9. According to Pretty-shield, how were babies bathed?
10. How did Linderman reply when Pretty-shield asked him if he had ever talked to animal-people?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)