|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linderman was walking back toward the school building in the beginning of Chapter 12, how many chickadees did he see?
2. How many people was Son-of-the-morning-sun with when he died?
3. What did Tricky-wolf paint an otter doing on Good-otters' lodge?
(a) Swimming in a river.
(b) Dancing under the sun.
(c) Shooting a bow and arrow.
(d) Breathing red fire.
4. When the Crow chief was meeting with some blue soldiers, how many young Crow men promised to meet the blue soldiers at the mouth of the Tongue River after the talking was over?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 15, Linderman visits the Trader's store for what?
(a) Candy sticks for the kids.
(b) A pair of reading glasses.
(c) Silver money.
(d) Chewing tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Pretty-shield a "brave little woman" when she was a girl and picked her up and carried her to her mother?
2. When Pretty-shield and her mother were running from the Lakota, what kind of tree did they stop behind?
3. Along what river was the Big Tree located?
4. The Crow chief that rode into the circle to talk to Sitting Bull carried a tail of a buffalo that had what on it?
5. What month is it when it's "in the moon that plums fall"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story of the woman-mouse, what did the woman-mouse whisper in Little-face's ear?
2. How did Linderman reply when Pretty-shield asked him if he had ever talked to animal-people?
3. According to Pretty-shield, how were babies bathed?
4. How was meat cooked in what Pretty-shield refers to as meat-holes?
5. What did the daughter do when her mother told her to go to Lost-boy and be his woman?
6. What bird did Pretty-shield tell Linderman had big medicine, and what did she ask Linderman about this particular bird?
7. At what age was Pretty-shield promised to her man, what was his name, and at what age were they married?
8. How did Pretty-shield reply when Linderman asked her if the men who had died at Little Bighorn had been buried?
9. How does Pretty-shield describe Goes-ahead?
10. What was the name of the aged Negro that Linderman mentioned in Chapter 15, and who had he been a servant to?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)