|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Pretty-shield's father?
(a) A Lakota warrior.
(b) A mad buffalo bull.
(d) A grizzly bear.
2. What color was the tobacco seed pouch that Linderman put into his coat pocket?
3. Where was the scar that Pretty-shield had that Linderman asked her about?
(a) On her side.
(b) On her chin.
(c) On her forehead.
(d) On her right hand.
4. What did Pretty-shield remember the trappers giving the Chief?
(b) Beaver pelts.
(d) Fox hats.
5. What did all Northwestern tribes make out of porcupine tails?
(a) A hunting tool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Yellow-calf and his war-party wiped out by?
2. How many young women were sliding down the hill when Pretty-shield thought she saw a wolf from their tribe warn them of oncoming enemies?
3. Who was C.H. Asbury?
4. Linderman mentioned at the end of Chapter 2 that Pretty-shield lived in a bare shack with how many grandchildren?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Pretty-shield mention talking to about the time they lost a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pretty-shield see that made her think that all children are alike?
2. Why did Pretty-shield state that the Crows could not all live together?
3. What did Pretty-shield bring for Linderman in the tiny buckskin pouch and what did she warn him against after handing it to him?
4. How did Pretty-shield describe the happy Crow life, and how was their life changed by the horse?
5. Describe Pretty-shield's father's buffalo horse.
6. Describe the first white men that Pretty-shield met.
7. When Linderman was closing the damper on the big stove, what was he wondering about asking Pretty-shield?
8. Describe the buffalo cow that chased Pretty-shield in Chapter 6.
9. What did Pretty-shield say to the woman who stopped at the creek with her baby to let her horse drink?
10. What happened to good buffalo horses when they ran after buffalo?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)