|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the woman who was attacked by the grizzly bear?
2. When Pretty-shield's mother ran after the horse in the beginning of Chapter 3, how many men did she see?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Linderman asks Pretty-shield to tell him more about what?
(a) Her life as a wife and mother.
(c) Her life as a little girl.
(d) The fighting of the Crow warriors.
4. Why did Pretty-shield's mother stop a boy cousin from helping Pretty-shield?
(a) Because she could see if he helped Pretty-shield then the buffalo would charge them again.
(b) Because she could see that the digger was going to ruin Pretty-shield's nerves in her hand if he pulled it out.
(c) Because she could see that if Pretty-shield stood up she would faint.
(d) Because she could see that Pretty-shield's eye was going to come out if he pulled the digger out of her forehead.
5. What kind of teeth did Pretty-shield have on her buckskin dress?
(a) Dog teeth.
(b) Horse teeth.
(c) Buffalo teeth.
(d) Elk teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chatper 4, how many trappers does Pretty-shield talk about that came into their camp?
2. What did Pretty-shield remember the trappers giving the Chief?
3. What tribe did Good-trader come from?
4. What was the name of Pretty-shield's father?
5. What month was Pretty-shield born in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only instance where a woman's name could be changed, according to Pretty-shield?
2. Why did Pretty-shield state that the Crows could not all live together?
3. When Linderman was closing the damper on the big stove, what was he wondering about asking Pretty-shield?
4. What was Pretty-shield's answer to the question that Linderman asked concerning how a man treated a married sister-in-law?
5. What did Pretty-shield do when the girl in the calico dress suggested they take a swim in the creek?
6. What happened to good buffalo horses when they ran after buffalo?
7. What did Kills-good use for dishes and drinking cups?
8. In Chapter 4, what did the coyote tell the boy to do to get rid of Red-woman?
9. What did Pretty-shield say to the woman who stopped at the creek with her baby to let her horse drink?
10. What would the men, women, and children do when the village crier would ride through to tell the people that it was time to move?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)