|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two colors was Pretty-shield's ball?
(a) Black and red.
(b) Red and blue.
(c) Blue and yellow.
(d) Red and yellow.
2. Pretty-shield tells Linderman that one of the trappers had what kind of eyes?
3. What month was Pretty-shield born in?
4. What was the medicine of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The grizzly bear.
(c) The dragon-fly.
(d) The buffalo bull.
5. Where did the Crow brave drive his knife into the bear that he killed?
(a) In the bear's head.
(b) In the bear's throat.
(c) In the bear's leg.
(d) In the bear's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pretty-shield remember the trappers giving the Chief?
2. How does a buffalo herd always travel, according Pretty-shield?
3. What type of building was Linderman waiting in the corner of when Pretty-shield entered with Goes-together?
4. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
5. According to the coyote, what were the Red-woman's feathers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Pretty-shield's answer to the question that Linderman asked concerning how a man treated a married sister-in-law?
2. Why did Pretty-shield state that the Crows could not all live together?
3. Describe how Pretty-shield received the scar on her forehead.
4. When Pretty-shield and the other children made a pretend village, the village was so real that they felt they had to do what?
5. In Chapter 4, what did the coyote tell the boy to do to get rid of Red-woman?
6. In Chapter 3, how did Pretty-shield describe her father?
7. At the end of Chapter 5, what did Linderman ask Pretty-shield as she walked stiffly to the door, and what was Pretty-shield's reply?
8. What was the only instance where a woman's name could be changed, according to Pretty-shield?
9. What was Pretty-shield's answer when Linderman asked if she had ever whipped her own children?
10. What did Pretty-shield do during the bear attack on the women picking berries?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)