|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did the woman's daughter go into the man's lodge and lay inside by the door and get sent out?
2. When Pretty-shield was telling Linderman about how much work goes into preparing for a sun-dance, how many buffalo tongues did she mention needed to feed the warriors who had counted coup in battle?
(a) More than one hundred-fifty.
(b) More than one hundred-sixty.
(c) More than one hundred.
(d) More than one hundred-ten.
3. What was the name of Pretty-shield's uncle that carried the pipe and was with General Custer?
4. What was the name of Pretty-shield's boy that lived past being a baby?
5. What was the name of Sitting-heifer's man?
6. In how many days did the woman mouse tell Little-face they would be attacked by the Lakota?
7. What was the name of the Crow man who invited Feather-woman to live with him and his woman as his sister?
8. Who was also known as Son-of-the-morning-star?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) General Terry.
9. When Pretty-shield was talking about the buffalo going away, how long does she say it has been since she saw a buffalo?
(a) More than 35 years.
(b) More than 20 years.
(c) More than 40 years.
(d) More than 45 years.
10. What did the husband of Lion-woman do to himself when he was reunited with his family?
(a) He drew blood from his arms with his knife.
(b) He fasted for ten days straight.
(c) He sang to the heavens.
(d) He cut off one of his fingers.
11. What color of blanket was the Crow woman wearing when she came in and interrupted Linderman interviewing Pretty-shield in Chapter 12?
12. What color did the men paint their faces to show a sign of victory?
13. What was another name for The-mountain-lion's-lodge?
(a) Bozeman Pass.
(b) Beaverhead Cache.
(c) Traveler's Rest.
(d) Pompey's Pillar.
14. When Pretty-shield and her mother were looking for the colt that had lagged behind, what wouldn't Pretty-shield's mother let the colt do?
(a) Chase other colts.
(d) Drink from the river.
15. When Linderman was walking back toward the school building in the beginning of Chapter 12, how many chickadees did he see?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the woman Strikes-two when she rode through the Crow camp singing her medicine song?
2. What was Linderman's answer to Pretty-shield's question about how old Plenty-coups said he was?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 18, Linderman asks Pretty-shield if Goes-ahead was with who when they died?
4. Along what river was the Big Tree located?
5. What did Tricky-wolf paint an otter doing on Good-otters' lodge?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)