|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the fourth morning, the stranger came to the woman and her daughter and told them his name. What was his name?
2. Who called Pretty-shield a "brave little woman" when she was a girl and picked her up and carried her to her mother?
3. What was the name of Sitting-heifer's man?
4. Why wouldn't any of the Lakota people take Feather-woman back with them?
(a) Because she was too old to walk back.
(b) Because she had killed her own man.
(c) Because she had broken a tribe law.
(d) Because she had told them she liked the Crow village better.
5. What did Lion-woman and her children live off of when they were trying to survive in the wild?
(a) Buffalo chips.
(d) Tree bark.
6. What did Long-hair do at the foot of Wolf mountain?
(a) He drove an arrow through his right foot.
(b) He cut off the first finger of his left hand.
(c) He used a root-digger to mark his skin.
(d) He scaled an enemy warrior.
7. When Pretty-shield entered the school building out of breath from running, she wiped her forehead with what?
(a) Linderman's handkerchief.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her blanket.
(d) A towel left on a desk.
8. The Crow chief that rode into the circle to talk to Sitting Bull carried a tail of a buffalo that had what on it?
(a) A porcupine quill.
(b) An eagle's feather.
(c) A raccoon tail.
(d) An antelope horn.
9. How old was the woman Strikes-two when she rode through the Crow camp singing her medicine song?
10. How many "snows ago" did Pretty-shield tell Linderman her man, Goes-ahead, had been gone?
11. What color did the men paint their faces to show a sign of victory?
12. After the woman escaped with her child and was running from the Lakota, how many parties of Lakota did she spot on the third day?
13. Who was also known as Son-of-the-morning-star?
(a) General Custer.
(b) General Terry.
(d) Sitting Bull.
14. What color of blanket was the Crow woman wearing when she came in and interrupted Linderman interviewing Pretty-shield in Chapter 12?
15. How many other women was Feather-woman brought with into the Crow village?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the woman let the meat dry that had been cut off the young buffalo cow?
2. What month is it when it's "in the moon that plums fall"?
3. What are the two months when rattlesnakes are bad, according to Pretty-shield?
4. What was the name of the wise-one that went to the birthing lodge with Pretty-shield and her mother?
5. When Linderman was leaving the school building in the beginning of Chapter 12, what were the prisoners doing?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)