|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for The-mountain-lion's-lodge?
(a) Pompey's Pillar.
(b) Traveler's Rest.
(c) Bozeman Pass.
(d) Beaverhead Cache.
2. Why did Pretty-shield cover piles of meat with buffalo robes and trample on them?
(a) To squeeze out the blood in the meat.
(b) To give the meat better taste.
(c) To make the meat tough.
(d) To rid the meat of evil spirits.
3. What did the husband of Lion-woman do to himself when he was reunited with his family?
(a) He drew blood from his arms with his knife.
(b) He cut off one of his fingers.
(c) He sang to the heavens.
(d) He fasted for ten days straight.
4. What did Long-hair do at the foot of Wolf mountain?
(a) He used a root-digger to mark his skin.
(b) He cut off the first finger of his left hand.
(c) He drove an arrow through his right foot.
(d) He scaled an enemy warrior.
5. What was the name of the wise-one that went to the birthing lodge with Pretty-shield and her mother?
6. Along what river was the Big Tree located?
(a) The Missouri River.
(b) The Elkhorn River.
(c) The Colorado River.
(d) The Platte River.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 15, Linderman visits the Trader's store for what?
(a) Chewing tobacco.
(b) A pair of reading glasses.
(c) Candy sticks for the kids.
(d) Silver money.
8. What did Pretty-shield claim happened to her people when the buffalo went away?
(a) They turned to the great God to help them salvage what they had.
(b) Their hearts fell to the ground.
(c) They went crazy and could not think as clearly.
(d) They were starving.
9. How many times did the woman's daughter go into the man's lodge and lay inside by the door and get sent out?
10. Why wouldn't any of the Lakota people take Feather-woman back with them?
(a) Because she had broken a tribe law.
(b) Because she was too old to walk back.
(c) Because she had told them she liked the Crow village better.
(d) Because she had killed her own man.
11. In how many days did the woman mouse tell Little-face they would be attacked by the Lakota?
12. What did Pretty-shield use to tan her robes and skins?
(a) Sunflowers and cactus.
(b) Roots and dirt.
(c) The liver and brains of the animal.
(d) The intestines and stomach of the animal.
13. After the woman escaped with her child and was running from the Lakota, how many parties of Lakota did she spot on the third day?
14. How much did the white men pay for each pair of horse's ears to get the horses killed?
15. What month is it when it's "in the moon that plums fall"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy that fell into the lodge fire when he actually fell into the fire?
2. How many "snows ago" did Pretty-shield tell Linderman her man, Goes-ahead, had been gone?
3. What was the name of Sitting-heifer's man?
4. When did the Crow put their babies into back-cradles?
5. What was the name of the Crow man who invited Feather-woman to live with him and his woman as his sister?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)