|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two months when rattlesnakes are bad, according to Pretty-shield?
(a) April and May.
(b) October and November.
(c) August and September.
(d) February and March.
2. Why did Pretty-shield cover piles of meat with buffalo robes and trample on them?
(a) To make the meat tough.
(b) To give the meat better taste.
(c) To rid the meat of evil spirits.
(d) To squeeze out the blood in the meat.
3. After the woman escaped with her child and was running from the Lakota, how many parties of Lakota did she spot on the third day?
4. What was another name for The-mountain-lion's-lodge?
(a) Bozeman Pass.
(b) Pompey's Pillar.
(c) Traveler's Rest.
(d) Beaverhead Cache.
5. In the story of raking the plums, where did the woman get bitten by a rattlesnake?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her toe.
(c) Her finger.
(d) Her leg.
6. What was the name of the wise-one that went to the birthing lodge with Pretty-shield and her mother?
7. What color did the men paint their faces to show a sign of victory?
8. How many lodges were set up in the Crow camp in the story of the woman mouse?
9. What did a man call out when he wanted to visit another man in his lodge?
(a) "Are you there?"
(b) "Are doors open?"
(c) "Can I come in?"
10. When Linderman was walking back toward the school building in the beginning of Chapter 12, how many chickadees did he see?
11. When Pretty-shield was talking about the buffalo going away, how long does she say it has been since she saw a buffalo?
(a) More than 35 years.
(b) More than 20 years.
(c) More than 40 years.
(d) More than 45 years.
12. In how many days did the woman mouse tell Little-face they would be attacked by the Lakota?
13. In the springtime, how many tongues does the chickadee have, according to Pretty-shield?
14. How old was Pretty-shield when her man "took her"?
15. Who did Pretty-shield describe as being bad and brave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Long-hair do at the foot of Wolf mountain?
2. How old was the boy that fell into the lodge fire when he actually fell into the fire?
3. What did it mean when Pretty-shield mentioned that Goes-ahead was a Fox?
4. What was the name of Sitting-heifer's man?
5. What did Lion-woman and her children live off of when they were trying to survive in the wild?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)