|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month was Pretty-shield born in?
2. From what kind of tree was Pretty-shield's turnip digger made?
3. What was the muffler made out of that Pretty-shield untied from her head in the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. Linderman mentioned at the end of Chapter 2 that Pretty-shield lived in a bare shack with how many grandchildren?
5. How did Long-horse die?
(a) He was trampled by a crazy buffalo bull.
(b) He was killed by Lakota.
(c) He drowned trying to save a member of his tribe in the big river.
(d) He was accidentally shot by a child.
6. Pretty-shield states in Chapter 1 that she was born across what river?
(a) The Mississippi river.
(b) The Ohio river.
(c) The Missouri river.
(d) The Snake river.
7. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
(d) Pine needles.
8. What was the medicine of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The dragon-fly.
(c) The grizzly bear.
(d) The buffalo bull.
9. How old was Pretty-shield when Linderman interviewed her for the book?
10. Where was the scar that Pretty-shield had that Linderman asked her about?
(a) On her chin.
(b) On her right hand.
(c) On her side.
(d) On her forehead.
11. What did Kills-good use for drinking cups?
(a) Mountain-sheep horns.
(b) Buffalo hooves.
(c) Buffalo horns.
(d) Horse hooves.
12. What did the buckskin horse do when Pretty-shield would not shoot the buffalo calf?
(a) He turned around and took Pretty-shield back to her father.
(b) He ran after another calf.
(c) He bucked Pretty-shield off.
(d) He struck the calf with his front hoof.
13. Pretty-shield told Linderman, in Chapter 2, that she had never lost her love for what?
(c) The buffalo.
14. What type of building was Linderman waiting in the corner of when Pretty-shield entered with Goes-together?
(a) Linderman's home.
(b) A library.
(c) A school building.
(d) A law office.
15. What was the name for a bowl-like, skin-covered boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pretty-shield was stuck in the herd of running buffalo, what struck her in the face?
2. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
3. How many teeth did the buffalo cow have in front that Pretty-shield described as having something wrong with it?
4. What was the boy eating in Chapter 4 when the coyote came to him?
5. What was the name of the woman who was attacked by the grizzly bear?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)