|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pretty-shield claimed that she knew a woman that had what type of animal that could talk?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bear.
(c) A crow.
(d) A dog.
2. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
(a) A buffalo's horn.
(b) A man's wrist.
(c) A horse hoof.
(d) A tree trunk.
3. What did Pretty-shield do when her father's buckskin horse "took over"?
(a) She screamed.
(b) She jumped off.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She whipped him.
4. Who named all of Pretty-shield's children?
5. After the boy was shot with the gun that was found, where did his older brother tie the gun?
(a) To his horse.
(b) To the shooter's chest.
(c) To a tree.
(d) On his back.
6. How many times did the mother bear slap her boy cub?
7. Who was C.H. Asbury?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The janitor.
(c) The superintendent.
(d) The warden of the prison.
8. What did men in the tribe do when they grew too old to take care of themselves?
(a) They would sit in their cottage and tell stories and the young would take of them.
(b) They dressed in their finest clothes and went to war against the enemy.
(c) They wandered off to enjoy the afterlife.
(d) They stayed in a cave and fought whatever animals they could find until they died.
9. Who did Pretty-shield bring to live with her and Goes-ahead when they were married?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
10. What were the downy feathers of an eagle or any other bird called?
11. Pretty-shield mentioned that Linderman always wanted her to tell him what when she was telling him stories?
(a) What part of the land they were living on.
(b) What she was wearing.
(c) Who she was with.
(d) What the weather was like.
12. When the horse went crazy on Pretty-shield's friend when her mother asked her to drive the horse band, what were the plains covered with?
(c) Sage bushes.
(d) Cactus plants.
13. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
(a) Pine needles.
(b) Buffalo chips.
(d) Sage bush leaves.
14. On what day of her life was Pretty-shield given her name?
15. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Pretty-shield mention talking to about the time they lost a baby?
(a) Colorful squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the medicine of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
2. What did the buckskin horse do when Pretty-shield would not shoot the buffalo calf?
3. Pretty-shield's ball, that she had when she was young, was made by the skin that is over a buffalo's heart, stuffed with what?
4. What did Pretty-shield claim are just like children?
5. What did buffalo-runners rub their hands with so their fingers would be nimble in handling their bow and arrows?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)