|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pretty-shield's ball, that she had when she was young, was made by the skin that is over a buffalo's heart, stuffed with what?
(a) Antelope hair.
(b) Horse hair.
(d) Buffalo hair.
2. What did Pretty-shield remember the trappers giving the Chief?
(b) Fox hats.
(d) Beaver pelts.
3. What kind of teeth did Pretty-shield have on her buckskin dress?
(a) Dog teeth.
(b) Horse teeth.
(c) Buffalo teeth.
(d) Elk teeth.
4. Where did the Crow brave drive his knife into the bear that he killed?
(a) In the bear's leg.
(b) In the bear's throat.
(c) In the bear's head.
(d) In the bear's heart.
5. On what day of her life was Pretty-shield given her name?
6. According to the coyote, what were the Red-woman's feathers?
(a) Her footsteps.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her breath.
(d) Her life.
7. What was the muffler made out of that Pretty-shield untied from her head in the beginning of Chapter 7?
8. What was the color of the silk muffler that Pretty-shield removed from her head in the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. Pretty-shield states in Chapter 1 that she was born across what river?
(a) The Ohio river.
(b) The Missouri river.
(c) The Snake river.
(d) The Mississippi river.
10. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
(b) Pine needles.
(c) Sage bush leaves.
(d) Buffalo chips.
11. What would a Crow man sometimes offer if he wanted a woman?
(a) Buffalo skins.
12. Why didn't the bear cub answer his mother when she called him?
(a) He was running the other direction.
(b) He was mad.
(c) He was drinking out of the river.
(d) Pretty-shield had captured him.
13. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Linderman asks Pretty-shield to tell him more about what?
(b) Her life as a wife and mother.
(c) Her life as a little girl.
(d) The fighting of the Crow warriors.
14. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
(a) A grizzly bear.
(b) A Lakota war party.
(c) A Crow wolf.
(d) A mad buffalo cow.
15. How many other times had Linderman been able to obtain tobacco seed from an Indian?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
2. When Pretty-shield came into the schoolhouse in the beginning of Chapter 8, Linderman states that she is as merry as what?
3. How long did Pretty-shield's aunt keep her pet bears?
4. What caused Pretty-shield's scar?
5. What month is described as the "moon when the sage-hens dance"?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)