|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was C.H. Asbury?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The superintendent.
(c) The janitor.
(d) The warden of the prison.
2. What month is described as the "moon when the sage-hens dance"?
3. Pretty-shield's ball, that she had when she was young, was made by the skin that is over a buffalo's heart, stuffed with what?
(a) Antelope hair.
(c) Horse hair.
(d) Buffalo hair.
4. What was the name for a bowl-like, skin-covered boat?
5. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
(a) Pine needles.
(b) Buffalo chips.
(c) Sage bush leaves.
6. How many teeth did the buffalo cow have in front that Pretty-shield described as having something wrong with it?
7. What did Kills-good use for drinking cups?
(a) Mountain-sheep horns.
(b) Horse hooves.
(c) Buffalo hooves.
(d) Buffalo horns.
8. How many feathers did the coyote tell the boy to steal from Red-woman?
9. In the Crow culture, if a woman's father had died, who would act in his place?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her oldest brother.
10. What color was the slow horse that the youngest girl was riding in Chapter 7?
(b) Black and white.
11. What was the name of the woman who was attacked by the grizzly bear?
12. In the beginning of Chatper 4, how many trappers does Pretty-shield talk about that came into their camp?
13. How many young women were sliding down the hill when Pretty-shield thought she saw a wolf from their tribe warn them of oncoming enemies?
14. What was the muffler made out of that Pretty-shield untied from her head in the beginning of Chapter 7?
15. Pretty-shield claimed that she knew a woman that had what type of animal that could talk?
(a) A bear.
(b) A dog.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pretty-shield was stuck in the herd of running buffalo, what struck her in the face?
2. How often was the ceremonial tobacco seed planted?
3. What was the color of the silk muffler that Pretty-shield removed from her head in the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What was the name of the other girl that agreed to try to kill a buffalo calf with Pretty-Shield?
5. Who were Yellow-calf and his war-party wiped out by?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)