|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Pretty-shield's father?
(a) A grizzly bear.
(b) A mad buffalo bull.
(d) A Lakota warrior.
2. What did Kills-good use for drinking cups?
(a) Mountain-sheep horns.
(b) Buffalo hooves.
(c) Buffalo horns.
(d) Horse hooves.
3. How old was Pretty-shield when her mother died?
4. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
(a) Pine needles.
(b) Sage bush leaves.
(d) Buffalo chips.
5. According to Pretty-shield, how could someone always tell that a man loved his woman?
(a) By her hair.
(b) By how many children she was carrying.
(c) By her clothing.
(d) By how many horses she had.
6. When the horse went crazy on Pretty-shield's friend when her mother asked her to drive the horse band, what were the plains covered with?
(b) Sage bushes.
(c) Cactus plants.
7. Who did Pretty-shield bring to live with her and Goes-ahead when they were married?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her brother.
8. What did buffalo-runners rub their hands with so their fingers would be nimble in handling their bow and arrows?
(a) Eagle feathers and antelope hair.
(b) Pebbles and quills.
(c) Pine needles and dirt.
(d) Snow and sand.
9. In the beginning of Chatper 4, how many trappers does Pretty-shield talk about that came into their camp?
10. What does Pretty-shield call Frank Linderman?
11. How old was the baby that Pretty-shield and the other girls offered to take care of in Chapter 5?
(c) Eighteen months.
12. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
(a) A buffalo's horn.
(b) A man's wrist.
(c) A horse hoof.
(d) A tree trunk.
13. What would a Crow man do when he first wanted a woman?
(a) He would go to her mother.
(b) He would go to her father.
(c) He would announce his love before the entire tribe.
(d) He would announce his love before the chief.
14. What did Pretty-shield claim brought the best change of all for the Crows?
(a) The rifle.
(b) The beaver pelt.
(c) The horse.
(d) The bow and arrow.
15. When Pretty-shield came into the schoolhouse in the beginning of Chapter 8, Linderman states that she is as merry as what?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A chickadee.
(c) A robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the chief of the Crow tribe that Pretty-shield talked about in Chapter 2?
2. How did Long-horse die?
3. How many bears did the men tie to the tree to keep Pretty-shield and the other girls in the trees?
4. What was the name of Pretty-shield's aunt that she lived with?
5. Who did Pretty-shield claim she robbed, along with another girl?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)