|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bad faults did Pretty-shield say her father had?
2. Pretty-shield's ball, that she had when she was young, was made by the skin that is over a buffalo's heart, stuffed with what?
(a) Buffalo hair.
(c) Antelope hair.
(d) Horse hair.
3. What color were the arrow-points that Pretty-shield found in a large pile?
4. How does a buffalo herd always travel, according Pretty-shield?
(a) It always travels slowly and to the west.
(b) It always travels faster in the cold weather.
(c) It always travels straight.
(d) It always travels for a week straight.
5. What was the name for a bowl-like, skin-covered boat?
6. Pretty-shield claimed that she knew a woman that had what type of animal that could talk?
(a) A crow.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
7. Who was C.H. Asbury?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The janitor.
(c) The warden of the prison.
(d) The superintendent.
8. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
(a) A grizzly bear.
(b) A Lakota war party.
(c) A Crow wolf.
(d) A mad buffalo cow.
9. What was the color of the silk muffler that Pretty-shield removed from her head in the beginning of Chapter 6?
10. Linderman tells Pretty-shield to stop at the Trader's store on her way home, and gives her what?
(a) Three silver dollars.
(b) Two silver dollars.
(c) Ten silver dollars.
(d) Four silver dollars.
11. How old was Pretty-shield when her father told her that she could ride his buckskin?
12. Who was the wife of the Crow chief who Pretty-shield wanted to emulate?
13. After the boy was shot with the gun that was found, where did his older brother tie the gun?
(a) To his horse.
(b) On his back.
(c) To the shooter's chest.
(d) To a tree.
14. How old was Pretty-shield when her mother died?
15. How many other times had Linderman been able to obtain tobacco seed from an Indian?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
2. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
3. What did Pretty-shield claim are just like children?
4. In the Crow culture, if a woman's father had died, who would act in his place?
5. Pretty-shield told Linderman, in Chapter 2, that she had never lost her love for what?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)