|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of building was Linderman waiting in the corner of when Pretty-shield entered with Goes-together?
(a) A school building.
(b) A library.
(c) Linderman's home.
(d) A law office.
2. What color were the arrow-points that Pretty-shield found in a large pile?
3. What was the medicine of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The dragon-fly.
(c) The grizzly bear.
(d) The buffalo bull.
4. What was the name of the woman who was attacked by the grizzly bear?
5. Who was C.H. Asbury?
(a) The janitor.
(b) The superintendent.
(c) The warden of the prison.
(d) The mayor.
6. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
(a) A grizzly bear.
(b) A Lakota war party.
(c) A mad buffalo cow.
(d) A Crow wolf.
7. What did men in the tribe do when they grew too old to take care of themselves?
(a) They wandered off to enjoy the afterlife.
(b) They would sit in their cottage and tell stories and the young would take of them.
(c) They dressed in their finest clothes and went to war against the enemy.
(d) They stayed in a cave and fought whatever animals they could find until they died.
8. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
(a) A tree trunk.
(b) A buffalo's horn.
(c) A man's wrist.
(d) A horse hoof.
9. How many young women were sliding down the hill when Pretty-shield thought she saw a wolf from their tribe warn them of oncoming enemies?
10. How old was the baby that Pretty-shield and the other girls offered to take care of in Chapter 5?
(a) Eighteen months.
11. When Pretty-shield came into the schoolhouse in the beginning of Chapter 8, Linderman states that she is as merry as what?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A robin.
(c) A chickadee.
12. How many feathers did the coyote tell the boy to steal from Red-woman?
13. Pretty-shield's ball, that she had when she was young, was made by the skin that is over a buffalo's heart, stuffed with what?
(a) Buffalo hair.
(b) Horse hair.
(d) Antelope hair.
14. According to Pretty-shield, how could someone always tell that a man loved his woman?
(a) By her hair.
(b) By how many children she was carrying.
(c) By how many horses she had.
(d) By her clothing.
15. Why did Pretty-shield's mother stop a boy cousin from helping Pretty-shield?
(a) Because she could see that the digger was going to ruin Pretty-shield's nerves in her hand if he pulled it out.
(b) Because she could see that Pretty-shield's eye was going to come out if he pulled the digger out of her forehead.
(c) Because she could see that if Pretty-shield stood up she would faint.
(d) Because she could see if he helped Pretty-shield then the buffalo would charge them again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pretty-shield get caught when she was running away from a mad buffalo bull?
2. What was the name of the man that took Good-trader for a wife?
3. How old was Pretty-shield when Linderman interviewed her for the book?
4. Who was the chief of the Crow tribe that Pretty-shield talked about in Chapter 2?
5. Linderman tells Pretty-shield to stop at the Trader's store on her way home, and gives her what?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)