|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pretty-shield's father get his buffalo-horse from?
(a) He stole it from the Lakota.
(b) He bought it from a trapper.
(c) He found it abandoned by the river.
(d) He raised it from her grandmother's horse.
2. When Pretty-shield came into the schoolhouse in the beginning of Chapter 8, Linderman states that she is as merry as what?
(a) A robin.
(b) A chickadee.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
(c) Pine needles.
4. Linderman mentioned at the end of Chapter 2 that Pretty-shield lived in a bare shack with how many grandchildren?
5. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
(a) Buffalo chips.
(b) Sage bush leaves.
(d) Pine needles.
6. What did Pretty-shield claim are just like children?
(a) Old people.
(d) Lakota warriors.
7. Who was the chief of the Crow tribe that Pretty-shield talked about in Chapter 2?
8. Pretty-shield's father belonged to The-war-clubs. What was The-war-clubs?
(a) A secret society.
(b) A congregation of chiefs.
(c) A gaming club.
(d) A family gathering held every year.
9. When Pretty-shield was stuck in the herd of running buffalo, what struck her in the face?
(a) The reigns to her horse.
(b) A rock.
(c) A rawhide rope.
(d) A buffalo bull's tail.
10. In the Crow culture, if a woman's father had died, who would act in his place?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her oldest brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
11. How old was Pretty-shield when her father told her that she could ride his buckskin?
12. Who was the wife of the Crow chief who Pretty-shield wanted to emulate?
13. Who did Pretty-shield bring to live with her and Goes-ahead when they were married?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
14. How old was Pretty-shield when her mother died?
15. What color was the tobacco seed pouch that Linderman put into his coat pocket?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the "borrowed" baby in Chapter 5?
2. Why did Pretty-shield's mother stop a boy cousin from helping Pretty-shield?
3. Pretty-shield claimed that her father was nice to everyone but who?
4. What was the boy eating in Chapter 4 when the coyote came to him?
5. What would a Crow man do when he first wanted a woman?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)