|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Linderman mentioned at the end of Chapter 2 that Pretty-shield lived in a bare shack with how many grandchildren?
2. In the Crow culture, if a woman's father had died, who would act in his place?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her oldest brother.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. What did Pretty-shield carry on her back to be more like the women in her tribe?
(a) A rifle.
(b) Her small tipi.
(c) Her doll.
(d) Her robe.
4. Linderman tells Pretty-shield to stop at the Trader's store on her way home, and gives her what?
(a) Three silver dollars.
(b) Two silver dollars.
(c) Four silver dollars.
(d) Ten silver dollars.
5. How many other times had Linderman been able to obtain tobacco seed from an Indian?
6. How often was the ceremonial tobacco seed planted?
(a) Every other year.
(b) Every six months.
(c) Every year.
(d) Every nine months.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Linderman asks Pretty-shield to tell him more about what?
(a) The fighting of the Crow warriors.
(c) Her life as a wife and mother.
(d) Her life as a little girl.
8. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
(a) A buffalo's horn.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) A horse hoof.
(d) A man's wrist.
9. How many boys were in the group of children that decided to pretend to perform the sun dance in Chapter 2?
10. What was the muffler made out of that Pretty-shield untied from her head in the beginning of Chapter 7?
11. What type of building was Linderman waiting in the corner of when Pretty-shield entered with Goes-together?
(a) A school building.
(b) A law office.
(c) Linderman's home.
(d) A library.
12. How old was Pretty-shield when her father told her that she could ride his buckskin?
13. Who was the chief of the Crow tribe that Pretty-shield talked about in Chapter 2?
14. What would a Crow man do when he first wanted a woman?
(a) He would announce his love before the chief.
(b) He would announce his love before the entire tribe.
(c) He would go to her father.
(d) He would go to her mother.
15. In the beginning of Chapter 1, what was Linderman making a fire in?
(a) An old-fashioned cannon stove.
(b) In his old furnace.
(c) An old brick fireplace.
(d) A copper fire pit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Pretty-shield bring to live with her and Goes-ahead when they were married?
2. According to the coyote, what were the Red-woman's feathers?
3. What was the name of the man that took Good-trader for a wife?
4. When the children were performing their sun dance, they used whistles. What were these whistles made of?
5. In the story of Red-woman, the boy, and the coyote, how many arrows did the boy hand to the woman when she asked to see his arrows?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)