|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the "borrowed" baby in Chapter 5?
2. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
(a) Sage bush leaves.
(c) Pine needles.
(d) Buffalo chips.
3. What did Pretty-shield remember the trappers giving the Chief?
(a) Fox hats.
(b) Beaver pelts.
4. What did Pretty-shield carry on her back to be more like the women in her tribe?
(a) A rifle.
(b) Her doll.
(c) Her small tipi.
(d) Her robe.
5. What was the name of the woman who was attacked by the grizzly bear?
6. What was the name of Pretty-shield's aunt that she lived with?
7. Why did Pretty-shield's mother stop a boy cousin from helping Pretty-shield?
(a) Because she could see that if Pretty-shield stood up she would faint.
(b) Because she could see that the digger was going to ruin Pretty-shield's nerves in her hand if he pulled it out.
(c) Because she could see if he helped Pretty-shield then the buffalo would charge them again.
(d) Because she could see that Pretty-shield's eye was going to come out if he pulled the digger out of her forehead.
8. What was the name of the other girl that agreed to try to kill a buffalo calf with Pretty-Shield?
9. How old was Pretty-shield when her father told her that she could ride his buckskin?
10. What did Pretty-shield claim are just like children?
(a) Lakota warriors.
(b) Old people.
11. Pretty-shield states in Chapter 1 that she was born across what river?
(a) The Mississippi river.
(b) The Ohio river.
(c) The Missouri river.
(d) The Snake river.
12. What caused Pretty-shield's scar?
(a) Her root digger stuck into her right hand.
(b) Her root digger stuck into her forehead.
(c) Her side was hit by the buffalo's horn.
(d) She fell and struck her chin on a large rock.
13. Who named all of Pretty-shield's children?
14. Where did Pretty-shield's father get his buffalo-horse from?
(a) He found it abandoned by the river.
(b) He raised it from her grandmother's horse.
(c) He stole it from the Lakota.
(d) He bought it from a trapper.
15. Where was the scar that Pretty-shield had that Linderman asked her about?
(a) On her side.
(b) On her chin.
(c) On her forehead.
(d) On her right hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't the bear cub answer his mother when she called him?
2. What month is described as the "moon when the sage-hens dance"?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Linderman asks Pretty-shield to tell him more about what?
4. How does a buffalo herd always travel, according Pretty-shield?
5. What would a Crow man do when he first wanted a woman?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)