|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys were in the group of children that decided to pretend to perform the sun dance in Chapter 2?
2. What tribe did Good-trader come from?
(a) The Cheyenne.
(b) The Blackfeet.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Lakota.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Linderman asks Pretty-shield to tell him more about what?
(a) The fighting of the Crow warriors.
(b) Her life as a little girl.
(d) Her life as a wife and mother.
4. What did Pretty-shield use to "attend to" one of her grandchild's noses?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) A used handkerchief.
(c) Her robe.
(d) Her scarf.
5. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
(a) Pine needles.
6. What did all Northwestern tribes make out of porcupine tails?
(b) A hunting tool.
7. On what day of her life was Pretty-shield given her name?
8. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Pretty-shield mentioned to Linderman that she never tired of what?
(b) Raising children.
9. What was the name of the man that took Good-trader for a wife?
10. What did Pretty-shield do when her father's buckskin horse "took over"?
(a) She screamed.
(b) She jumped off.
(c) She whipped him.
(d) She laughed.
11. Pretty-shield claimed that her father was nice to everyone but who?
(a) His sister.
(b) The chief.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His enemies.
12. What was the medicine of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
(a) The grizzly bear.
(b) The eagle.
(c) The buffalo bull.
(d) The dragon-fly.
13. What was the name of Pretty-shield's aunt that she lived with?
14. Linderman mentioned at the end of Chapter 2 that Pretty-shield lived in a bare shack with how many grandchildren?
15. What did Pretty-shield carry on her back to be more like the women in her tribe?
(a) Her small tipi.
(b) Her doll.
(c) Her robe.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chatper 4, how many trappers does Pretty-shield talk about that came into their camp?
2. When Pretty-shield came into the schoolhouse in the beginning of Chapter 8, Linderman states that she is as merry as what?
3. What did men in the tribe do when they grew too old to take care of themselves?
4. How many feathers did the coyote tell the boy to steal from Red-woman?
5. Even after leaving the creek where the woman died, Pretty-shield felt afraid and hid what?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)