|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pretty-shield claimed that her father was nice to everyone but who?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) The chief.
(c) His sister.
(d) His enemies.
2. What was the muffler made out of that Pretty-shield untied from her head in the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Pretty-shield mention talking to about the time they lost a baby?
(b) Colorful squirrel.
4. What would a Crow man sometimes offer if he wanted a woman?
(d) Buffalo skins.
5. How many bad faults did Pretty-shield say her father had?
6. Pretty-shield states in Chapter 1 that she was born across what river?
(a) The Missouri river.
(b) The Snake river.
(c) The Mississippi river.
(d) The Ohio river.
7. Why didn't the bear cub answer his mother when she called him?
(a) He was mad.
(b) He was drinking out of the river.
(c) Pretty-shield had captured him.
(d) He was running the other direction.
8. After the boy was shot with the gun that was found, where did his older brother tie the gun?
(a) To the shooter's chest.
(b) To his horse.
(c) On his back.
(d) To a tree.
9. How often was the ceremonial tobacco seed planted?
(a) Every other year.
(b) Every year.
(c) Every six months.
(d) Every nine months.
10. What kind of teeth did Pretty-shield have on her buckskin dress?
(a) Horse teeth.
(b) Elk teeth.
(c) Buffalo teeth.
(d) Dog teeth.
11. In the story of Red-woman, the boy, and the coyote, how many arrows did the boy hand to the woman when she asked to see his arrows?
12. How did Pretty-shield get caught when she was running away from a mad buffalo bull?
(a) Her moccasin string caught on a sage bush.
(b) Her hair got caught in a tree branch.
(c) Her buckskin dress got caught on a tree branch.
(d) She tripped over a large rock.
13. What tribe did Good-trader come from?
(a) The Lakota.
(b) The Blackfeet.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Cheyenne.
14. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
(a) A Lakota war party.
(b) A grizzly bear.
(c) A Crow wolf.
(d) A mad buffalo cow.
15. How old was Pretty-shield when her mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even after leaving the creek where the woman died, Pretty-shield felt afraid and hid what?
2. What was the name of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
3. Where did the Crow brave drive his knife into the bear that he killed?
4. Pretty-shield told Linderman, in Chapter 2, that she had never lost her love for what?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Linderman asks Pretty-shield to tell him more about what?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)