|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pretty-shield carry on her back to be more like the women in her tribe?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her robe.
(c) A rifle.
(d) Her small tipi.
2. What was the name of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
3. Who were Yellow-calf and his war-party wiped out by?
(a) The Lakota.
(b) The Crow.
(c) The Ute.
(d) The Cherokee.
4. How many other times had Linderman been able to obtain tobacco seed from an Indian?
5. In the beginning of Chatper 4, how many trappers does Pretty-shield talk about that came into their camp?
6. How many bears did the men tie to the tree to keep Pretty-shield and the other girls in the trees?
7. How did Pretty-shield get caught when she was running away from a mad buffalo bull?
(a) Her moccasin string caught on a sage bush.
(b) Her buckskin dress got caught on a tree branch.
(c) Her hair got caught in a tree branch.
(d) She tripped over a large rock.
8. What color were the arrow-points that Pretty-shield found in a large pile?
9. What were the downy feathers of an eagle or any other bird called?
10. Pretty-shield mentioned that Linderman always wanted her to tell him what when she was telling him stories?
(a) What she was wearing.
(b) Who she was with.
(c) What the weather was like.
(d) What part of the land they were living on.
11. After the boy was shot with the gun that was found, where did his older brother tie the gun?
(a) To a tree.
(b) On his back.
(c) To his horse.
(d) To the shooter's chest.
12. What did Pretty-shield tell Linderman that she likes to do and that she always had?
13. What month is described as the "moon when the sage-hens dance"?
14. When the children were performing their sun dance, they used whistles. What were these whistles made of?
(a) The grass reeds from the river.
(b) The antlers of an antelope.
(c) The quills of a porcupine.
(d) The big bone of an eagle's wing.
15. What month does Pretty-shield describe as being "when the berries begin to turn red"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the other girl that agreed to try to kill a buffalo calf with Pretty-Shield?
2. Who was the wife of the Crow chief who Pretty-shield wanted to emulate?
3. Where did the Crow brave drive his knife into the bear that he killed?
4. In the Crow culture, if a woman's father had died, who would act in his place?
5. Even after leaving the creek where the woman died, Pretty-shield felt afraid and hid what?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)