|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of building was Linderman waiting in the corner of when Pretty-shield entered with Goes-together?
(a) A library.
(b) A law office.
(c) Linderman's home.
(d) A school building.
2. How many bears did the men tie to the tree to keep Pretty-shield and the other girls in the trees?
3. What caused Pretty-shield's scar?
(a) Her root digger stuck into her right hand.
(b) She fell and struck her chin on a large rock.
(c) Her side was hit by the buffalo's horn.
(d) Her root digger stuck into her forehead.
4. On what day of her life was Pretty-shield given her name?
5. How did Pretty-shield get caught when she was running away from a mad buffalo bull?
(a) Her hair got caught in a tree branch.
(b) Her moccasin string caught on a sage bush.
(c) Her buckskin dress got caught on a tree branch.
(d) She tripped over a large rock.
6. What was the boy eating in Chapter 4 when the coyote came to him?
(a) A liver from a buffalo calf.
(b) A brain from a buffalo calf.
(c) A kidney from a buffalo calf.
(d) A heart from a buffalo calf.
7. What does Pretty-shield call Frank Linderman?
8. What right did a Crow man have concerning his new wife's sisters?
(a) To demand her unmarried sisters as wives.
(b) To ask them to cook for himself and his new wife.
(c) To ask them for cooking advice.
(d) To use them as babysitters for their children.
9. Pretty-shield claimed in Chapter 8 that a grizzly bear once bit off a woman's what?
10. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
(a) Pine needles.
11. What was the name of Pretty-shield's father?
12. What did the buckskin horse do when Pretty-shield would not shoot the buffalo calf?
(a) He turned around and took Pretty-shield back to her father.
(b) He struck the calf with his front hoof.
(c) He ran after another calf.
(d) He bucked Pretty-shield off.
13. In the Crow culture, if a woman's father had died, who would act in his place?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her oldest brother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her husband.
14. What was the name of Pretty-shield's aunt that she lived with?
15. Why didn't the bear cub answer his mother when she called him?
(a) He was drinking out of the river.
(b) Pretty-shield had captured him.
(c) He was running the other direction.
(d) He was mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the children were performing their sun dance, they used whistles. What were these whistles made of?
2. How many children did Pretty-shield's parents have?
3. What would a Crow man sometimes offer if he wanted a woman?
4. When the horse went crazy on Pretty-shield's friend when her mother asked her to drive the horse band, what were the plains covered with?
5. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)