|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
(a) Pine needles.
2. What was the muffler made out of that Pretty-shield untied from her head in the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. In the Crow culture, if a woman's father had died, who would act in his place?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her oldest brother.
(d) Her husband.
4. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
(a) Buffalo chips.
(b) Pine needles.
(d) Sage bush leaves.
5. How old was Pretty-shield when Linderman interviewed her for the book?
6. Why did Pretty-shield's mother stop a boy cousin from helping Pretty-shield?
(a) Because she could see that Pretty-shield's eye was going to come out if he pulled the digger out of her forehead.
(b) Because she could see that if Pretty-shield stood up she would faint.
(c) Because she could see if he helped Pretty-shield then the buffalo would charge them again.
(d) Because she could see that the digger was going to ruin Pretty-shield's nerves in her hand if he pulled it out.
7. When the horse went crazy on Pretty-shield's friend when her mother asked her to drive the horse band, what were the plains covered with?
(a) Cactus plants.
(b) Sage bushes.
8. How old was Pretty-shield when her father told her that she could ride his buckskin?
9. What was the name of the woman who was attacked by the grizzly bear?
10. What was the name of the man that took Good-trader for a wife?
11. Who were Yellow-calf and his war-party wiped out by?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Ute.
(c) The Cherokee.
(d) The Lakota.
12. Who was the chief of the Crow tribe that Pretty-shield talked about in Chapter 2?
13. What caused Pretty-shield's scar?
(a) Her root digger stuck into her right hand.
(b) Her root digger stuck into her forehead.
(c) Her side was hit by the buffalo's horn.
(d) She fell and struck her chin on a large rock.
14. How did Pretty-shield get caught when she was running away from a mad buffalo bull?
(a) Her buckskin dress got caught on a tree branch.
(b) Her hair got caught in a tree branch.
(c) Her moccasin string caught on a sage bush.
(d) She tripped over a large rock.
15. What was the name for a bowl-like, skin-covered boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other times had Linderman been able to obtain tobacco seed from an Indian?
2. How many children did Pretty-shield's parents have?
3. How many bears did the men tie to the tree to keep Pretty-shield and the other girls in the trees?
4. From what kind of tree was Pretty-shield's turnip digger made?
5. What was the name of Pretty-shield's father?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)