|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed Pretty-shield's father?
(a) A Lakota warrior.
(b) A mad buffalo bull.
(c) A grizzly bear.
2. What kind of teeth did Pretty-shield have on her buckskin dress?
(a) Buffalo teeth.
(b) Horse teeth.
(c) Elk teeth.
(d) Dog teeth.
3. When Pretty-shield was stuck in the herd of running buffalo, what struck her in the face?
(a) A buffalo bull's tail.
(b) The reigns to her horse.
(c) A rock.
(d) A rawhide rope.
4. What color was the tobacco seed pouch that Linderman put into his coat pocket?
5. How old was the baby that Pretty-shield and the other girls offered to take care of in Chapter 5?
(d) Eighteen months.
6. What would a Crow man sometimes offer if he wanted a woman?
(b) Buffalo skins.
7. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Pretty-shield mentioned to Linderman that she never tired of what?
(b) Raising children.
8. What two colors was Pretty-shield's ball?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(b) Black and red.
(c) Red and blue.
(d) Red and yellow.
9. What were the downy feathers of an eagle or any other bird called?
10. What did Pretty-shield remember the trappers giving the Chief?
(b) Fox hats.
(d) Beaver pelts.
11. When Pretty-shield told Linderman about the very hot summer in Chapter 7, how hot was that day?
(a) So hot that the horses were dripping sweat while standing.
(b) So hot that no one could move outside their homes.
(c) So hot that the animals were going mad.
(d) So hot that the water was evaporating.
12. Pretty-shield claimed that she knew a woman that had what type of animal that could talk?
(a) A bear.
(b) A crow.
(c) A dog.
(d) An eagle.
13. How often was the ceremonial tobacco seed planted?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every six months.
(c) Every nine months.
(d) Every other year.
14. According to the coyote, what were the Red-woman's feathers?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her breath.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her footsteps.
15. How many times did the mother bear slap her boy cub?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Red-woman, the boy, and the coyote, how many arrows did the boy hand to the woman when she asked to see his arrows?
2. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
3. What caused Pretty-shield's scar?
4. What was the name of Pretty-shield's aunt that she lived with?
5. How many other times had Linderman been able to obtain tobacco seed from an Indian?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)