|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Pretty-shield's aunt that she lived with?
2. What tribe did Good-trader come from?
(a) The Blackfeet.
(b) The Cheyenne.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Lakota.
3. Pretty-shield claimed that she knew a woman that had what type of animal that could talk?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A crow.
4. What was the name of the "borrowed" baby in Chapter 5?
5. What was the name for a bowl-like, skin-covered boat?
6. What caused Pretty-shield's scar?
(a) She fell and struck her chin on a large rock.
(b) Her root digger stuck into her right hand.
(c) Her side was hit by the buffalo's horn.
(d) Her root digger stuck into her forehead.
7. What did all Northwestern tribes make out of porcupine tails?
(c) A hunting tool.
8. Where was the scar that Pretty-shield had that Linderman asked her about?
(a) On her forehead.
(b) On her chin.
(c) On her right hand.
(d) On her side.
9. Pretty-shield claimed in Chapter 8 that a grizzly bear once bit off a woman's what?
10. What two colors was Pretty-shield's ball?
(a) Black and red.
(b) Blue and yellow.
(c) Red and blue.
(d) Red and yellow.
11. On what day of her life was Pretty-shield given her name?
12. How many children did Pretty-shield's parents have?
13. Who did Pretty-shield bring to live with her and Goes-ahead when they were married?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
14. In the story of Red-woman, the boy, and the coyote, how many arrows did the boy hand to the woman when she asked to see his arrows?
15. What was the name of Pretty-shield's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the horse went crazy on Pretty-shield's friend when her mother asked her to drive the horse band, what were the plains covered with?
2. What does Pretty-shield call Frank Linderman?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 1, what was Linderman making a fire in?
4. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
5. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)