|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the boy eating in Chapter 4 when the coyote came to him?
(a) A heart from a buffalo calf.
(b) A kidney from a buffalo calf.
(c) A liver from a buffalo calf.
(d) A brain from a buffalo calf.
2. What color were the arrow-points that Pretty-shield found in a large pile?
3. How many children did Pretty-shield's parents have?
4. Pretty-shield's ball, that she had when she was young, was made by the skin that is over a buffalo's heart, stuffed with what?
(b) Antelope hair.
(c) Buffalo hair.
(d) Horse hair.
5. What right did a Crow man have concerning his new wife's sisters?
(a) To use them as babysitters for their children.
(b) To demand her unmarried sisters as wives.
(c) To ask them to cook for himself and his new wife.
(d) To ask them for cooking advice.
6. What did Pretty-shield claim are just like children?
(a) Old people.
(c) Lakota warriors.
7. In the beginning of Chatper 4, how many trappers does Pretty-shield talk about that came into their camp?
8. What color was the slow horse that the youngest girl was riding in Chapter 7?
(a) Black and white.
9. How many other times had Linderman been able to obtain tobacco seed from an Indian?
10. Who did Pretty-shield bring to live with her and Goes-ahead when they were married?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
11. What two colors was Pretty-shield's ball?
(a) Red and blue.
(b) Red and yellow.
(c) Black and red.
(d) Blue and yellow.
12. Who was the wife of the Crow chief who Pretty-shield wanted to emulate?
13. Linderman mentioned at the end of Chapter 2 that Pretty-shield lived in a bare shack with how many grandchildren?
14. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Linderman asks Pretty-shield to tell him more about what?
(a) The fighting of the Crow warriors.
(b) Her life as a wife and mother.
(d) Her life as a little girl.
15. What month does Pretty-shield describe as being "when the berries begin to turn red"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young women were sliding down the hill when Pretty-shield thought she saw a wolf from their tribe warn them of oncoming enemies?
2. What was the color of the silk muffler that Pretty-shield removed from her head in the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. When Pretty-shield's mother ran after the horse in the beginning of Chapter 3, how many men did she see?
4. Where did the Crow brave drive his knife into the bear that he killed?
5. Who were Yellow-calf and his war-party wiped out by?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)