|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the horse went crazy on Pretty-shield's friend when her mother asked her to drive the horse band, what were the plains covered with?
(a) Cactus plants.
(b) Sage bushes.
2. What did Kills-good use for drinking cups?
(a) Mountain-sheep horns.
(b) Buffalo hooves.
(c) Horse hooves.
(d) Buffalo horns.
3. How many bad faults did Pretty-shield say her father had?
4. Who named all of Pretty-shield's children?
5. How many teeth did the buffalo cow have in front that Pretty-shield described as having something wrong with it?
6. What color was the tobacco seed pouch that Linderman put into his coat pocket?
7. According to the coyote, what were the Red-woman's feathers?
(a) Her footsteps.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her breath.
8. How many feathers did the coyote tell the boy to steal from Red-woman?
9. Pretty-shield states in Chapter 1 that she was born across what river?
(a) The Mississippi river.
(b) The Ohio river.
(c) The Missouri river.
(d) The Snake river.
10. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
(a) A horse hoof.
(b) A tree trunk.
(c) A buffalo's horn.
(d) A man's wrist.
11. What did Pretty-shield tell Linderman that she likes to do and that she always had?
12. What did Pretty-shield claim brought the best change of all for the Crows?
(a) The rifle.
(b) The bow and arrow.
(c) The beaver pelt.
(d) The horse.
13. When the children were performing their sun dance, they used whistles. What were these whistles made of?
(a) The grass reeds from the river.
(b) The big bone of an eagle's wing.
(c) The antlers of an antelope.
(d) The quills of a porcupine.
14. How many boys were in the group of children that decided to pretend to perform the sun dance in Chapter 2?
15. Where did Pretty-shield's father get his buffalo-horse from?
(a) He stole it from the Lakota.
(b) He bought it from a trapper.
(c) He found it abandoned by the river.
(d) He raised it from her grandmother's horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chatper 4, how many trappers does Pretty-shield talk about that came into their camp?
2. What was the name of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
3. What month does Pretty-shield describe as being "when the berries begin to turn red"?
4. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
5. According to Pretty-shield, how could someone always tell that a man loved his woman?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)