|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pretty-shield told Linderman about the very hot summer in Chapter 7, how hot was that day?
(a) So hot that the water was evaporating.
(b) So hot that the horses were dripping sweat while standing.
(c) So hot that no one could move outside their homes.
(d) So hot that the animals were going mad.
2. Pretty-shield's father belonged to The-war-clubs. What was The-war-clubs?
(a) A gaming club.
(b) A secret society.
(c) A family gathering held every year.
(d) A congregation of chiefs.
3. What would a Crow man do when he first wanted a woman?
(a) He would go to her mother.
(b) He would announce his love before the entire tribe.
(c) He would announce his love before the chief.
(d) He would go to her father.
4. Where did Pretty-shield's father get his buffalo-horse from?
(a) He stole it from the Lakota.
(b) He bought it from a trapper.
(c) He raised it from her grandmother's horse.
(d) He found it abandoned by the river.
5. Where was the scar that Pretty-shield had that Linderman asked her about?
(a) On her chin.
(b) On her forehead.
(c) On her right hand.
(d) On her side.
6. What was the name of Pretty-shield's father?
7. What two colors was Pretty-shield's ball?
(a) Red and yellow.
(b) Blue and yellow.
(c) Red and blue.
(d) Black and red.
8. What did buffalo-runners rub their hands with so their fingers would be nimble in handling their bow and arrows?
(a) Snow and sand.
(b) Eagle feathers and antelope hair.
(c) Pine needles and dirt.
(d) Pebbles and quills.
9. Linderman tells Pretty-shield to stop at the Trader's store on her way home, and gives her what?
(a) Ten silver dollars.
(b) Two silver dollars.
(c) Four silver dollars.
(d) Three silver dollars.
10. What was the name of the "borrowed" baby in Chapter 5?
11. How did Pretty-shield get caught when she was running away from a mad buffalo bull?
(a) Her buckskin dress got caught on a tree branch.
(b) Her hair got caught in a tree branch.
(c) Her moccasin string caught on a sage bush.
(d) She tripped over a large rock.
12. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
(a) A Crow wolf.
(b) A Lakota war party.
(c) A mad buffalo cow.
(d) A grizzly bear.
13. Linderman mentioned at the end of Chapter 2 that Pretty-shield lived in a bare shack with how many grandchildren?
14. What did the boy stuff into the gun that the children had found?
(a) Buffalo chips.
(c) Sage bush leaves.
(d) Pine needles.
15. What was the muffler made out of that Pretty-shield untied from her head in the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pretty-shield told Linderman, in Chapter 2, that she had never lost her love for what?
2. Pretty-shield claimed that she knew a woman that had what type of animal that could talk?
3. In the story of Red-woman, the boy, and the coyote, how many arrows did the boy hand to the woman when she asked to see his arrows?
4. How long did Pretty-shield's aunt keep her pet bears?
5. Why didn't the bear cub answer his mother when she called him?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)