|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pretty-shield's father get his buffalo-horse from?
(a) He stole it from the Lakota.
(b) He found it abandoned by the river.
(c) He bought it from a trapper.
(d) He raised it from her grandmother's horse.
2. Where did the Crow brave drive his knife into the bear that he killed?
(a) In the bear's leg.
(b) In the bear's heart.
(c) In the bear's throat.
(d) In the bear's head.
3. Pretty-shield states in Chapter 1 that she was born across what river?
(a) The Missouri river.
(b) The Snake river.
(c) The Ohio river.
(d) The Mississippi river.
4. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
(a) A horse hoof.
(b) A buffalo's horn.
(c) A man's wrist.
(d) A tree trunk.
5. When the children were performing their sun dance, they used whistles. What were these whistles made of?
(a) The quills of a porcupine.
(b) The antlers of an antelope.
(c) The big bone of an eagle's wing.
(d) The grass reeds from the river.
6. Pretty-shield claimed in Chapter 8 that a grizzly bear once bit off a woman's what?
7. Who did Pretty-shield bring to live with her and Goes-ahead when they were married?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
8. What was the name for a bowl-like, skin-covered boat?
9. How old was the baby that Pretty-shield and the other girls offered to take care of in Chapter 5?
(d) Eighteen months.
10. How old was Pretty-shield when her mother died?
11. What killed Pretty-shield's father?
(b) A grizzly bear.
(c) A mad buffalo bull.
(d) A Lakota warrior.
12. On what day of her life was Pretty-shield given her name?
13. What month is described as the "moon when the sage-hens dance"?
14. What type of building was Linderman waiting in the corner of when Pretty-shield entered with Goes-together?
(a) Linderman's home.
(b) A library.
(c) A law office.
(d) A school building.
15. What tribe did Good-trader come from?
(a) The Blackfeet.
(b) The Crow.
(c) The Lakota.
(d) The Cheyenne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a Crow man do when he first wanted a woman?
2. How many other times had Linderman been able to obtain tobacco seed from an Indian?
3. What was the name of Pretty-shield's aunt that she lived with?
4. How old was Pretty-shield when Linderman interviewed her for the book?
5. What color was the tobacco seed pouch that Linderman put into his coat pocket?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)