|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pretty-shield call Frank Linderman?
2. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
(a) A mad buffalo cow.
(b) A Crow wolf.
(c) A grizzly bear.
(d) A Lakota war party.
3. How does a buffalo herd always travel, according Pretty-shield?
(a) It always travels faster in the cold weather.
(b) It always travels slowly and to the west.
(c) It always travels for a week straight.
(d) It always travels straight.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, who does Pretty-shield mention talking to about the time they lost a baby?
(c) Colorful squirrel.
5. What was the name of the "borrowed" baby in Chapter 5?
6. What right did a Crow man have concerning his new wife's sisters?
(a) To use them as babysitters for their children.
(b) To ask them for cooking advice.
(c) To demand her unmarried sisters as wives.
(d) To ask them to cook for himself and his new wife.
7. What kind of teeth did Pretty-shield have on her buckskin dress?
(a) Elk teeth.
(b) Dog teeth.
(c) Buffalo teeth.
(d) Horse teeth.
8. What type of building was Linderman waiting in the corner of when Pretty-shield entered with Goes-together?
(a) A law office.
(b) A school building.
(c) Linderman's home.
(d) A library.
9. What did men in the tribe do when they grew too old to take care of themselves?
(a) They dressed in their finest clothes and went to war against the enemy.
(b) They wandered off to enjoy the afterlife.
(c) They would sit in their cottage and tell stories and the young would take of them.
(d) They stayed in a cave and fought whatever animals they could find until they died.
10. In the story of Red-woman, the boy, and the coyote, how many arrows did the boy hand to the woman when she asked to see his arrows?
11. When Pretty-shield told Linderman about the very hot summer in Chapter 7, how hot was that day?
(a) So hot that the animals were going mad.
(b) So hot that no one could move outside their homes.
(c) So hot that the horses were dripping sweat while standing.
(d) So hot that the water was evaporating.
12. Pretty-shield claimed that her father was nice to everyone but who?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His enemies.
(d) The chief.
13. How old was the baby that Pretty-shield and the other girls offered to take care of in Chapter 5?
(b) Eighteen months.
14. What did the buckskin horse do when Pretty-shield would not shoot the buffalo calf?
(a) He ran after another calf.
(b) He turned around and took Pretty-shield back to her father.
(c) He struck the calf with his front hoof.
(d) He bucked Pretty-shield off.
15. When Pretty-shield came into the schoolhouse in the beginning of Chapter 8, Linderman states that she is as merry as what?
(a) A robin.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A chickadee.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many feathers did the coyote tell the boy to steal from Red-woman?
2. According to Pretty-shield, how could someone always tell that a man loved his woman?
3. How did Long-horse die?
4. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
5. How many times did the mother bear slap her boy cub?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)