|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kills-good use for drinking cups?
(a) Buffalo hooves.
(b) Buffalo horns.
(c) Horse hooves.
(d) Mountain-sheep horns.
2. In the beginning of Chatper 4, how many trappers does Pretty-shield talk about that came into their camp?
3. When Pretty-shield came into the schoolhouse in the beginning of Chapter 8, Linderman states that she is as merry as what?
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A chickadee.
(d) A robin.
4. What was the name of the woman who was attacked by the grizzly bear?
5. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
(a) Pine needles.
6. Pretty-shield's father belonged to The-war-clubs. What was The-war-clubs?
(a) A congregation of chiefs.
(b) A secret society.
(c) A gaming club.
(d) A family gathering held every year.
7. Pretty-shield told Linderman, in Chapter 2, that she had never lost her love for what?
(b) The buffalo.
8. How many bad faults did Pretty-shield say her father had?
9. What did Pretty-shield tell Linderman that she likes to do and that she always had?
10. How many times did the mother bear slap her boy cub?
11. In the story of Red-woman, the boy, and the coyote, how many arrows did the boy hand to the woman when she asked to see his arrows?
12. What was the name of Pretty-shield's aunt that she lived with?
13. What month was Pretty-shield born in?
14. Who was discovered looking down at the children when they were performing their sun dance?
(a) A mad buffalo cow.
(b) A Lakota war party.
(c) A grizzly bear.
(d) A Crow wolf.
15. What was the boy eating in Chapter 4 when the coyote came to him?
(a) A liver from a buffalo calf.
(b) A heart from a buffalo calf.
(c) A kidney from a buffalo calf.
(d) A brain from a buffalo calf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pretty-shield carry on her back to be more like the women in her tribe?
2. Who were Yellow-calf and his war-party wiped out by?
3. How does a buffalo herd always travel, according Pretty-shield?
4. What were the downy feathers of an eagle or any other bird called?
5. After the boy was shot with the gun that was found, where did his older brother tie the gun?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)