|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Crow wolf that Pretty-shield recognized high on a hill?
2. When the children were performing their sun dance, they used whistles. What were these whistles made of?
(a) The big bone of an eagle's wing.
(b) The quills of a porcupine.
(c) The antlers of an antelope.
(d) The grass reeds from the river.
3. What did Pretty-shield claim are just like children?
(b) Lakota warriors.
(d) Old people.
4. Pretty-shield tells Linderman that one of the trappers had what kind of eyes?
5. How often was the ceremonial tobacco seed planted?
(a) Every six months.
(b) Every other year.
(c) Every nine months.
(d) Every year.
6. Where did Pretty-shield's father get his buffalo-horse from?
(a) He bought it from a trapper.
(b) He raised it from her grandmother's horse.
(c) He found it abandoned by the river.
(d) He stole it from the Lakota.
7. What month was Pretty-shield born in?
8. How many times did the mother bear slap her boy cub?
9. What month does Pretty-shield describe as being "when the berries begin to turn red"?
10. What did Kills-good use for drinking cups?
(a) Buffalo horns.
(b) Buffalo hooves.
(c) Mountain-sheep horns.
(d) Horse hooves.
11. Who was the chief of the Crow tribe that Pretty-shield talked about in Chapter 2?
12. On what day of her life was Pretty-shield given her name?
13. How old was Pretty-shield when Linderman interviewed her for the book?
14. How long did Pretty-shield's aunt keep her pet bears?
(a) Until they were two.
(b) Until they were three.
(c) Until they were five.
(d) Until they were one.
15. What color were the arrow-points that Pretty-shield found in a large pile?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boys were in the group of children that decided to pretend to perform the sun dance in Chapter 2?
2. What color was the slow horse that the youngest girl was riding in Chapter 7?
3. According to Pretty-shield, the skull that she and the other children found that was abnormally large had a neck bone that was larger than what?
4. What was the color of the silk muffler that Pretty-shield removed from her head in the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What did all Northwestern tribes make out of porcupine tails?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)