|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a Crow man do when he first wanted a woman?
(a) He would go to her mother.
(b) He would go to her father.
(c) He would announce his love before the chief.
(d) He would announce his love before the entire tribe.
2. What did Pretty-shield use to "attend to" one of her grandchild's noses?
(a) Her scarf.
(b) A used handkerchief.
(c) Her blanket.
(d) Her robe.
3. How many young women were sliding down the hill when Pretty-shield thought she saw a wolf from their tribe warn them of oncoming enemies?
4. How old was Pretty-shield when her mother died?
5. Who were Yellow-calf and his war-party wiped out by?
(a) The Cherokee.
(b) The Ute.
(c) The Lakota.
(d) The Crow.
6. How many times did the mother bear slap her boy cub?
7. Pretty-shield told Linderman, in Chapter 2, that she had never lost her love for what?
(b) The buffalo.
8. What did buffalo-runners rub their hands with so their fingers would be nimble in handling their bow and arrows?
(a) Snow and sand.
(b) Eagle feathers and antelope hair.
(c) Pine needles and dirt.
(d) Pebbles and quills.
9. How long did Pretty-shield's aunt keep her pet bears?
(a) Until they were five.
(b) Until they were one.
(c) Until they were two.
(d) Until they were three.
10. Pretty-shield tells Linderman that one of the trappers had what kind of eyes?
11. According to the coyote, what were the Red-woman's feathers?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her breath.
(d) Her footsteps.
12. On what day of her life was Pretty-shield given her name?
13. How old was Pretty-shield when her father told her that she could ride his buckskin?
14. What did Pretty-shield claim brought the best change of all for the Crows?
(a) The horse.
(b) The rifle.
(c) The beaver pelt.
(d) The bow and arrow.
15. What type of building was Linderman waiting in the corner of when Pretty-shield entered with Goes-together?
(a) A library.
(b) A law office.
(c) Linderman's home.
(d) A school building.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Long-horse die?
2. Why did Pretty-shield's mother stop a boy cousin from helping Pretty-shield?
3. What was the name of the man that took Good-trader for a wife?
4. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
5. What caused Pretty-shield's scar?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)