|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when it's "in the moon that plums fall"?
2. Along what river was the Big Tree located?
(a) The Missouri River.
(b) The Colorado River.
(c) The Platte River.
(d) The Elkhorn River.
3. Where did Pretty-shield's father get his buffalo-horse from?
(a) He bought it from a trapper.
(b) He raised it from her grandmother's horse.
(c) He found it abandoned by the river.
(d) He stole it from the Lakota.
4. Why didn't the bear cub answer his mother when she called him?
(a) He was running the other direction.
(b) Pretty-shield had captured him.
(c) He was mad.
(d) He was drinking out of the river.
5. How many bears did the men tie to the tree to keep Pretty-shield and the other girls in the trees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pretty-shield states in Chapter 1 that she was born across what river?
2. What was the name of the wise-one that went to the birthing lodge with Pretty-shield and her mother?
3. Linderman tells Pretty-shield to stop at the Trader's store on her way home, and gives her what?
4. What month does Pretty-shield describe as being "when the berries begin to turn red"?
5. How many children did Pretty-shield have?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)