|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't any of the Lakota people take Feather-woman back with them?
(a) Because she had told them she liked the Crow village better.
(b) Because she had broken a tribe law.
(c) Because she was too old to walk back.
(d) Because she had killed her own man.
2. What did Pretty-shield remember the trappers giving the Chief?
(a) Beaver pelts.
(d) Fox hats.
3. What color did the men paint their faces to show a sign of victory?
4. How many other women was Feather-woman brought with into the Crow village?
5. Who was C.H. Asbury?
(a) The superintendent.
(b) The warden of the prison.
(c) The janitor.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Pretty-shield describe as being "when the berries begin to turn red"?
2. Even after leaving the creek where the woman died, Pretty-shield felt afraid and hid what?
3. What was Pretty-shield's dress covered with when she finally came out of the tree after being stuck there with bears at the bottom?
4. Along what river was the Big Tree located?
5. What did it mean when Pretty-shield mentioned that Goes-ahead was a Fox?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)