|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane's youngest daughter began to show signs of being different when she _______.
(a) Started junior high school.
(b) Started preschool.
(c) Started high school.
(d) Started elementary school.
2. One time Liane hurried to get her daughters from school without realizing that she had left in the middle of an appointment with the ______.
3. Liane also had difficulty with the _______ designs of many baby things. She wanted solid forms that were comforting to her.
4. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to pick a career including all of the following except _____.
(a) Researching the schedule and expectations of the job you are considering.
(b) Making a list of the things you enjoy studying and doing.
(c) Throwing all your ideas into a hat and picking one.
(d) Brainstorming all the ways you could make a career out of the things you enjoy.
5. Liane lists several responsibilities for people with AS once on the job including all of the following except: _____.
(a) Try to be patient with people who ignore your needs.
(b) Tell your employer and co-workers what you think they need to know about AS.
(c) Try not to quit a job without giving two weeks notice.
(d) Don't try too many training programs - they may overwhelm you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane lists several strategies for college students with AS to improve social skills including all of the following except _____.
2. Liane feels that people with AS should tell at least a ______ about their particular needs and challenges in order to get the support they need.
3. Liane's visual perception difficulties affect her in all of the following ways except ______.
4. Liane has developed a strategy to determine the degree to which her AS is involved in a discussion in which she visualizes _______ stacks of index cards.
5. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to deal with shopping for the house including all of the following except _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons why people with AS should tell those around them about their diagnosis?
2. What were the qualities that Tom possessed that Liane feels helped keep the relationship together long enough to figure out the communication issues?
3. What happened when Liane went to an interview and her potential boss told her his favorite media company?
4. What happens to Liane and her husband when the ultrasound technician tells them that she sees two heads?
5. What does Liane fear in terms of her ability to meet all of Tom's relationship needs?
6. Why might it be important for a person with AS to tell those close to them about their diagnosis?
7. How does Liane describe the process of homemaking and all the challenges and difficulties contained therein?
8. How does Liane describe the communication barrier that first existed between herself and her husband Tom?
9. Why is it important for college bound people with AS to tell people at the school about their AS?
10. What was Liane's emotional state after she found out that she and her daughter were indeed different from most of the people she associated with?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)