|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane's visual perception difficulties affect her in all of the following ways except ______.
(a) Picking up an object from a background.
(b) Discerning various colors.
(c) Seeing discrete differences among similar objects.
(d) Judging distance.
2. Liane lists several accommodation requests for people with AS once they are on the job including all of the following except _____.
(a) Ear plugs.
(b) Advance knowledge of a change in routine.
(d) Ergonomic equipment.
3. Liane believes that people who don't need to know about your AS status include all of the following except _____.
(a) Distant relatives with whom you are rarely in contact.
(b) Strangers you will likely only meet once.
(c) Counselors or social workers.
(d) Children's teachers.
4. Liane struggles with teaching her daughter how to get along ______, because she also wants her to be autonomous.
5. Liane lists several strategies for college students with AS to deal with geographic issues including all of the following except _____.
(a) Asking for elevator keys if you get disoriented with big crowds and lots of stairways.
(b) Taking mental pictures of different areas of campus and paying attention to landmarks.
(c) Asking for special needs building, transportation, and parking compensations.
(d) Only scheduling classes in one building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane states that her children model for her how to _____ in public, while she teaches them moral and ethical standards.
2. One of the communication problems that Liane encounters in their relationship is following her husband's ________.
3. Liane was able to deal effectively with things like doctor's appointments but had difficulty with planning things like the ______ party.
4. Sometimes Liane's daughter uses a _______ to release nervous energy that has built up.
5. Liane discovered that she was able to tolerate all of the following fabrics except ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the suggestions that Liane makes for those with AS to find a job that would fit their interests, abilities, and AS needs?
2. Why is it important for college bound people with AS to tell people at the school about their AS?
3. What are some of the ways that Liane lost control of her environment when the babies were born?
4. What did Liane think about her aptitude as a parent and what were some of the challenges that she dealt with?
5. Why does Liane state at the beginning of the chapter that she knew right away her youngest daughter was special?
6. Why might it be important for a person with AS to tell those close to them about their diagnosis?
7. What does Liane fear in terms of her ability to meet all of Tom's relationship needs?
8. What are some of the reasons why people with AS should not tell those around them about their diagnosis?
9. What were the warning signs that Liane noticed about her daughter that pointed to a diagnosis of Asperger's?
10. What happened when Liane went to an interview and her potential boss told her his favorite media company?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)