|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In relating to other parents, Liane discovered that while their experiences were similar, other parents were not as _____ affected as she was.
2. Liane appreciates all of the qualities of Tom's face including all of the following except_____, that have come to represent safety for her.
(c) Perfect alignments.
(d) Linear lines.
3. Liane realizes that she tends to think very concretely and needs answers to be ______ or wrong.
4. Sometimes Liane's daughter uses a _______ to release nervous energy that has built up.
(a) Flexible ball.
(b) Jump rope.
5. One of the communication problems that Liane encounters in their relationship is following her husband's ________.
(d) Grand elaborations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane describes an incident at ______ in which her daughter requested to be covered up by things to avoid sensory overload.
2. During the birth process, Liane's husband Tom, _______ in the delivery room.
3. Liane's visual perception difficulties affect her in all of the following ways except ______.
4. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to practice interviewing skills including all of the following except _____.
5. Liane and her husband encourage their daughter to use whatever she can think of to calm herself with the exception of ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Liane, why is it important for people with AS to have a strong support system?
2. What happened when Liane went to an interview and her potential boss told her his favorite media company?
3. What was Liane's emotional state after she found out that she and her daughter were indeed different from most of the people she associated with?
4. Liane described an event that stands out for her as particularly bizarre in which she forgot about picking up the twins from school. What happened?
5. What are some of the ways that Liane lost control of her environment when the babies were born?
6. What were the qualities that Tom possessed that Liane feels helped keep the relationship together long enough to figure out the communication issues?
7. What was the reaction of people to Liane's discovery that both she and her daughter likely has Asperger's syndrome?
8. Why is it important for college bound people with AS to tell people at the school about their AS?
9. What does Liane fear in terms of her ability to meet all of Tom's relationship needs?
10. What are some of the reasons why people with AS should not tell those around them about their diagnosis?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)