|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the fact that motion was difficult for Liane she was unable to ______ her babies.
(d) Play with.
2. One time Liane hurried to get her daughters from school without realizing that she had left in the middle of an appointment with the ______.
3. Liane appreciates all of the qualities of Tom's face including all of the following except_____, that have come to represent safety for her.
(b) Linear lines.
(d) Perfect alignments.
4. Educators should be aware of all of the following challenges for people with AS except ______.
(a) Difficulty with abstract thinking.
(b) Sensory difficulties.
(c) Poor organization skills.
(d) Excessive use of sarcasm.
5. Liane lists several strategies for college students with AS to deal with geographic issues including all of the following except _____.
(a) Asking for special needs building, transportation, and parking compensations.
(b) Taking mental pictures of different areas of campus and paying attention to landmarks.
(c) Asking for elevator keys if you get disoriented with big crowds and lots of stairways.
(d) Only scheduling classes in one building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane was able to deal effectively with things like doctor's appointments but had difficulty with planning things like the ______ party.
2. During the birth process, Liane's husband Tom, _______ in the delivery room.
3. Liane states that she does not want a cure for AS, rather for people to expand their definition of ______.
4. Liane discovers that she and her daughter both have big ______ and benefit from lots of encouragement.
5. Liane feels that people with AS should tell at least a ______ about their particular needs and challenges in order to get the support they need.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does having a daughter that also has Asperger's Syndrome affect how Liane is able to parent?
2. What are some of the ways that Liane lost control of her environment when the babies were born?
3. What are some of the reasons why people with AS should tell those around them about their diagnosis?
4. What happened to Liane when she was on a business trip in San Francisco with Tom?
5. What happened in the grocery store that made Liane and her daughter want to rant and rave at the cashier?
6. What were the qualities that Tom possessed that Liane feels helped keep the relationship together long enough to figure out the communication issues?
7. What are some of the suggestions that Liane makes for those with AS to find a job that would fit their interests, abilities, and AS needs?
8. How does Liane describe the communication barrier that first existed between herself and her husband Tom?
9. What was Liane's emotional state after she found out that she and her daughter were indeed different from most of the people she associated with?
10. Why does Liane state at the beginning of the chapter that she knew right away her youngest daughter was special?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)