|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane's husband's name is _______. Like Liane, he also enjoys the feel and experience of university campuses.
2. Liane states that she does not want a cure for AS, rather for people to expand their definition of ______.
3. Liane believes that the people who need to know about AS include all of the following except ______.
(a) Virtual strangers.
(b) People in positions of authority over you.
(c) Individuals to whom you turn for advice or support.
(d) People with whom you are developing a strong relationship.
4. Liane struggles with teaching her daughter how to get along ______, because she also wants her to be autonomous.
5. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to keep stress levels low including all of the following except _____.
(a) Using tactile reminders like blankets.
(b) Making a list of assignments and scheduling them.
(c) Using visual reminders like post-it notes.
(d) Using auditory reminders on a tape recorder.
6. Because of the fact that motion was difficult for Liane she was unable to ______ her babies.
(a) Play with.
7. Liane lists several responsibilities for people with AS once on the job including all of the following except: _____.
(a) Try not to quit a job without giving two weeks notice.
(b) Tell your employer and co-workers what you think they need to know about AS.
(c) Try to be patient with people who ignore your needs.
(d) Don't try too many training programs - they may overwhelm you.
8. In relating to other parents, Liane discovered that while their experiences were similar, other parents were not as _____ affected as she was.
9. Liane lists several strategies for college students with AS to help establish relationships with teachers including all of the following except _____.
(a) Taking courses only from empathetic teachers.
(b) Taking only courses at which you are good.
(c) Asking your guidance counselor to find you teachers who will help with your experience.
(d) Finding appropriate teachers by asking other students who their favorite is.
10. Liane was unable to find bedding made out of comfortable materials and so she turned to her ______ to make them.
11. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to practice interviewing skills including all of the following except _____.
(a) Role playing.
(b) Using good eye contact
(c) Showing enthusiasm.
(d) Being expressive with your body.
12. Liane outlines several strategies for letting people know including all of the following except _____.
(a) Sending names of people you want to educate to organizations that provide newsletters.
(b) Preparing a business card with AS information on it.
(c) Keep AS reference materials in your home.
(d) Carrying a sign on a street corner.
13. Liane lists several strategies for college students with AS to improve social skills including all of the following except _____.
(a) Establishing a safe place on campus to regroup.
(b) Finding or establishing a friendship group for those with AS.
(c) Classes in speech communications.
(d) Classes in neurobiology.
14. Liane stated that during her daughter's testing at the Child Development Unit, she and her husband both ______, her from acceptance and possibility.
15. Liane's friend suggested that Liane's daughter might be dealing with ________.
(a) Asperger's syndrome.
(c) Sensory Integration Disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Educators should be aware of all of the following challenges for people with AS except ______.
2. Liane's visual perception difficulties affect her in all of the following ways except ______.
3. Liane believes that her daughter's capacity for _______ means that she has not given up on herself.
4. Some strategies for dealing with touch issues include all of the following except ______.
5. Liane believes that people who don't need to know about your AS status include all of the following except _____.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)