|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of the fact that motion was difficult for Liane she was unable to ______ her babies.
(c) Play with.
2. One of the communication problems that Liane encounters in their relationship is following her husband's ________.
(a) Grand elaborations.
3. The stack of index cards that has to do with AS traits includes all of the following possibilities except _______.
(a) Literal mindedness.
(b) Sensory integration dysfunction.
(c) Sleep deprivation.
(d) Rigid thinking.
4. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to pick a career including all of the following except _____.
(a) Throwing all your ideas into a hat and picking one.
(b) Brainstorming all the ways you could make a career out of the things you enjoy.
(c) Making a list of the things you enjoy studying and doing.
(d) Researching the schedule and expectations of the job you are considering.
5. Liane believes that people who don't need to know about your AS status include all of the following except _____.
(a) Counselors or social workers.
(b) Strangers you will likely only meet once.
(c) Distant relatives with whom you are rarely in contact.
(d) Children's teachers.
6. Liane suggests that 'Aspies' pay attention to the _______ elements and interpersonal expectations of a job.
(d) Physical exertion.
7. Liane has learned to ______ people who challenge the reality of the AS experience as a means of protecting herself.
(a) Separate herself from.
(b) Yell at.
(c) Beat up.
8. Liane realizes that her daughter's ways of ______ will be different from her own, especially since she has to grow up knowing something is wrong with her.
9. As the chapter opens, Liane is recounting being in the delivery room. Because of Liane's concrete thinking she believes that she is giving birth to a child with ____ heads.
10. Liane states that the process of parenting could thoroughly overwhelm her _____ system, making it difficult for her to calm herself.
11. Liane also had difficulty with the _______ designs of many baby things. She wanted solid forms that were comforting to her.
12. Liane states that her children model for her how to _____ in public, while she teaches them moral and ethical standards.
13. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to organize record keeping for the house including all of the following except _____.
(a) Putting household products in a folder that matches the color of grass.
(b) Putting automobile information in a folder the same color as your favorite car color.
(c) Putting financial records in a folder that matches the color of your checks.
(d) Putting family documents in a folder that is the same color as your eyes.
14. Other strategies that Liane has for dealing with difficult conversations include all of the following except ______.
(a) Decide that Tom made a rude comment.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Ignore the whole passage.
(d) Ask Tom to elaborate a specific point.
15. Liane states that she does not want a cure for AS, rather for people to expand their definition of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane also had difficulty dealing with ______, and they could become overwhelming to the point of causing her to vomit.
2. Liane lists several careers that may work well for people with AS including all of the following except _____.
3. Liane's visual perception difficulties affect her in all of the following ways except ______.
4. Liane and her husband encourage their daughter to use whatever she can think of to calm herself with the exception of ______.
5. Liane outlines several strategies for letting people know including all of the following except _____.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)