|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the chapter opens, Liane is recounting being in the delivery room. Because of Liane's concrete thinking she believes that she is giving birth to a child with ____ heads.
2. Liane was worried that she would never find a romantic partner, but she found someone who could share her quiet and calm, which became their _____.
3. Liane was able to rely on the comfort and advice of her friend ______ , who listened to all of her worries about her daughter.
4. Liane states that the process of parenting could thoroughly overwhelm her _____ system, making it difficult for her to calm herself.
5. Liane realizes that her daughter's ways of ______ will be different from her own, especially since she has to grow up knowing something is wrong with her.
6. When Liane "loses her footing" and begins to shut down, she reaches for the only person who can instantly save her, _______.
(a) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
7. Liane states that 'Aspies' have to be ______ and forthright, which can cause a certain amount of awkwardness.
8. Liane was able to deal effectively with things like doctor's appointments but had difficulty with planning things like the ______ party.
9. Liane's youngest daughter began to show signs of being different when she _______.
(a) Started high school.
(b) Started junior high school.
(c) Started preschool.
(d) Started elementary school.
10. Liane discovered that she was able to tolerate all of the following fabrics except ______.
(a) Finely woven cottons.
(b) Rough velvet.
(d) Very bumpy chenille.
11. Liane states that she is inflexible in how she understands words that convey all of the following concepts except ______.
(c) Specific action.
12. Liane lists several strategies for college students with AS to deal with geographic issues including all of the following except _____.
(a) Only scheduling classes in one building.
(b) Asking for elevator keys if you get disoriented with big crowds and lots of stairways.
(c) Taking mental pictures of different areas of campus and paying attention to landmarks.
(d) Asking for special needs building, transportation, and parking compensations.
13. With her friend's help, Liane was able to find the _______ University Child Development Unit.
14. Liane's husband's name is _______. Like Liane, he also enjoys the feel and experience of university campuses.
15. Liane lists several careers that may work well for people with AS including all of the following except _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane reports that most of the time Tom is able to ______ the conversation which helps her decode what he is saying.
2. Liane states that she knew her _____ twin was going to be special even before she was born.
3. Liane appreciates all of the qualities of Tom's face including all of the following except_____, that have come to represent safety for her.
4. Liane's friend suggested that Liane's daughter might be dealing with ________.
5. Liane and her husband encourage their daughter to use whatever she can think of to calm herself with the exception of ______.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)