|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day after arriving to class Liane was ______ by a man wearing a flannel shirt. He was interrupted by one of the students.
(a) Spit on.
2. Liane discovered that she enjoyed working with ______ and enrolled in a ceramics class.
3. Liane's grades began to fall while she was in college due to _______.
(b) Studying the wrong material.
(c) Not getting enough sleep.
(d) Missing class.
4. According to the book, those with AS may be those that _______ when they are out in public.
(a) Maintain all social rules.
(b) Stay far away from others.
(c) Invade personal space.
(d) Read faces.
5. In order to bypass the difficulties of traffic and too much sensory input, Liane arrived at the University of Houston _____.
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) Right before classes.
(c) After lunch.
(d) Late in the evening.
6. Part of Liane's language ability had to do with finding _____ of words that would add to the speech she delivered.
7. Liane believed that her real problem with making friends in college was that she didn't understand _______.
(a) The language.
(b) The vernacular.
8. Liane didn't realize that Asperger's syndrome was behind her difficulties in college and she was often ______ for class.
(c) Too cold.
(d) Inappropriately dressed.
9. Liane states that there are a few people that through letting her be herself have given her _______ to experiment and develop her skills.
10. Liane often ______ speaking competitions in which she participated, perhaps because it was a way for her to have a one-way conversation.
(b) Cheated at.
11. In ballet class, Liane had difficulty learning to "move like a ______" and would hit other children who brushed into her.
12. The author makes the comment that trying to "meld" people into society turns people into _______ , and denies their individuality.
(a) Carbon copies.
(b) Hydrogen copies.
(c) Nitrogen copies.
(d) Sodium copies.
13. Liane made it a practice to discover what ______ her friends made for themselves and then to follow them when she was around them.
14. Liane had no desire to join any of the ______ groups on campus and didn't seek out any friendships.
15. By her mid-twenties, Liane experienced herself as being somewhere between a smart college student and a lady who talks to _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane states that her two best friends are _______ and Margo.
2. One of the main interests Liane had was in ______ because of the fact that there were precise rules.
3. Liane stated that one of her biggest job issues was in dealing with all the people and relationships which caused her a great deal of ______.
4. Liane could not stand other children because they would try to stop her from _______ school supplies, which she thought was fun.
5. Liane stated that she liked the speech competitions because they allowed her to try the full scope of human _____.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)