|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike her friends, Liane had a great deal of interest in romantic comedies and the ______.
(a) Wild West.
(b) Wild North.
(c) Middle East.
(d) The South.
2. Liane felt that she could be herself when her protector was around, and she did not feel the need to be _____ like she did with others.
3. Liane states that there are a few people that through letting her be herself have given her _______ to experiment and develop her skills.
4. Liane often ______ speaking competitions in which she participated, perhaps because it was a way for her to have a one-way conversation.
(c) Cheated at.
5. Some individuals with Asperger's syndrome are thought to be ________ or have odd habits or mannerisms.
6. Individuals living with Asperger's syndrome may have all of the following issues except_______.
(a) Communicative challenges.
(b) Narrow interests.
(c) Imaginative limitations.
7. After her encounter with the man wearing the flannel shirt, Liane took a different job as a(n) _______.
(a) Television host.
(b) Elementary teacher.
(c) Crossing guard.
(d) Radio host.
8. Liane Willey remembers wanting to hang out with her ______ friends, and feelings of wanting to isolate from her peers.
9. Diagnostic criteria for Asperger's syndrome were put forth by ________ in the late eighties.
(a) Simon and Simon.
(b) Frith and Wing.
(c) Asperger and Asperger.
(d) Gillberg and Gillberg.
10. One of the main interests Liane had was in ______ because of the fact that there were precise rules.
11. Liane's grades began to fall while she was in college due to _______.
(a) Studying the wrong material.
(b) Missing class.
(d) Not getting enough sleep.
12. Liane wanted real school supplies to play with and quickly lost interest in ______ that did not smell like new ones.
13. By the time she was eight years old, Liane was able to remember factual material very well but struggled with ______.
(a) Concrete material.
14. Competitive _______ and pep squad dancer activities didn't work well because of her problems with coordination.
15. Liane was best at drama, and being around the speech and dramatic arts club exposed her to other ______, or those with AS.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book describes the term "society" as being _______; in other words, it covers a very large area and is difficult to precisely categorize.
2. One of Liane's fears is that her children will watch her and grow up being a _______ because she is one.
3. Liane never had to ______ as a child and things like group dynamics made no sense to her.
4. Liane loved to eat _____ things even if they were bad for her.
5. Asperger's syndrome was first discussed by Hans Asperger in ______.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)