|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane states that she could often hear the _____ words of a sentence or conversation.
2. Liane states that there are a few people that through letting her be herself have given her _______ to experiment and develop her skills.
3. Diagnostic criteria for Asperger's syndrome were put forth by ________ in the late eighties.
(a) Gillberg and Gillberg.
(b) Frith and Wing.
(c) Simon and Simon.
(d) Asperger and Asperger.
4. The book suggests that though there are different prognoses, helping individuals _______ society may not be the best approach.
(b) Drop out of.
(d) Conform to.
5. Liane engaged in _____ and television speaking, during which she would speak into a microphone and read from the news.
6. Liane stated that one of her biggest job issues was in dealing with all the people and relationships which caused her a great deal of ______.
7. Large crowds of students would overwhelm Liane and she would follow them until she found a ______ to help guide her around the campus and to her class.
(d) Fellow student.
8. One day after arriving to class Liane was ______ by a man wearing a flannel shirt. He was interrupted by one of the students.
(d) Spit on.
9. Liane described a preoccupation with round numbers and she used to calm herself by doing certain activities in ______.
10. Liane didn't realize for a long time that she thought about things others did not. She didn't feel ______ when others forgot her.
11. Part of Liane's language ability had to do with finding _____ of words that would add to the speech she delivered.
12. Individuals living with Asperger's syndrome may have all of the following issues except_______.
(a) Communicative challenges.
(b) Imaginative limitations.
(c) Narrow interests.
13. Liane wanted real school supplies to play with and quickly lost interest in ______ that did not smell like new ones.
14. In order to bypass the difficulties of traffic and too much sensory input, Liane arrived at the University of Houston _____.
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) After lunch.
(c) Right before classes.
(d) Late in the evening.
15. Liane hated to wear _____ or satiny things, and she sometimes stripped in public because it was so unbearable.
(d) Natural fibers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane discovered an unusual talent for being able to mimic all of the following except ________.
2. At the end of her first year of college, Liane felt defeated in the social arena and had _______ her courses.
3. Liane noticed that her friends all had different ways of dealing with anxiety including all of the following except _______.
4. Looking back on her school career, Liane felt that she may have been better served in her education by ______.
5. In ballet class, Liane had difficulty learning to "move like a ______" and would hit other children who brushed into her.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)