|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part of Liane's language ability had to do with finding _____ of words that would add to the speech she delivered.
2. Liane found that ______ were like another language that she had to learn, a process that often tired her.
(c) Social studies.
(d) Social Skills.
3. Liane states that others, even her friends, don't often notice her fitting in trick, but her daughter, _______, will often spot it.
(a) Another Asp.
(b) Another woman.
(c) Another Aspie.
(d) Another Aspergillis.
4. Liane also employed a "fitting in" trick which she describes as being a more intricate form of _______.
5. Liane Willey remembers wanting to hang out with her ______ friends, and feelings of wanting to isolate from her peers.
6. Liane had no desire to join any of the ______ groups on campus and didn't seek out any friendships.
7. Liane discovered that it was difficult for her to leave ______ and she especially hated active outings.
(a) Her bed.
(d) The car.
8. Looking back on her school career, Liane felt that she may have been better served in her education by ______.
(a) Going into a vocation instead.
(b) Going to smaller more empathic school.
(c) Having a tutor.
(d) Going to a private school.
9. The book describes the term "society" as being _______; in other words, it covers a very large area and is difficult to precisely categorize.
10. The book refers to Autism as being a ______ diagnosis, with a great deal of variation.
11. Liane was invited to go _______ by some girls from school but later found out that they only needed her for a ride.
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To the movies.
(d) To a party.
12. Liane was surprised that her friends could deal with her. In particular, her friend _____ acted as a kind of protector for her.
13. Liane discovered an unusual talent for being able to mimic all of the following except ________.
(c) Facial expressions.
14. Unlike her friends, Liane had a great deal of interest in romantic comedies and the ______.
(a) Wild West.
(b) Middle East.
(c) The South.
(d) Wild North.
15. At the end of her first year of college, Liane felt defeated in the social arena and had _______ her courses.
(a) A's in.
(c) Barely passed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unlike other kids her age, Liane found the ______ of college to be challenging; there were not enough rules for her.
2. Liane lists some of the impairments that made it difficult for her to be in college and fit in with others including all of the following except _______.
3. Diagnostic criteria for Asperger's syndrome were put forth by ________ in the late eighties.
4. Liane stated that one of her biggest job issues was in dealing with all the people and relationships which caused her a great deal of ______.
5. The book suggests that though there are different prognoses, helping individuals _______ society may not be the best approach.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)