|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asperger's syndrome was first discussed by Hans Asperger in ______.
2. Liane often ______ speaking competitions in which she participated, perhaps because it was a way for her to have a one-way conversation.
(a) Cheated at.
3. Liane wanted real school supplies to play with and quickly lost interest in ______ that did not smell like new ones.
4. After her encounter with the man wearing the flannel shirt, Liane took a different job as a(n) _______.
(a) Crossing guard.
(b) Radio host.
(c) Elementary teacher.
(d) Television host.
5. Liane's parents struggled with raising her and felt that she challenged their ______ as well as making their language fit into hers.
6. The book suggests that persons with Asperger's may be behind some of the most profound advances in all of the following except _______.
7. Unlike her friends, Liane had a great deal of interest in romantic comedies and the ______.
(a) Middle East.
(b) Wild West.
(c) The South.
(d) Wild North.
8. A young man invited her to go to a party but due to other responsibilities left her alone all night. She was unable to ______ like the other girls.
9. One day after arriving to class Liane was ______ by a man wearing a flannel shirt. He was interrupted by one of the students.
(b) Spit on.
10. Liane created several ______ rituals that she performed in order to appear interested in a conversation.
11. Liane found that ______ were like another language that she had to learn, a process that often tired her.
(a) Social studies.
(b) Social Skills.
12. When she arrived in Houston, Liane was offered the first job for which she applied, as a(n) ________.
(a) Television host.
(d) Radio host.
13. Liane had no desire to join any of the ______ groups on campus and didn't seek out any friendships.
14. One of the most difficult things for Liane in the classroom was chaos and _____ that she experienced.
15. According to the book, those with AS may be those that _______ when they are out in public.
(a) Read faces.
(b) Invade personal space.
(c) Stay far away from others.
(d) Maintain all social rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane never had to ______ as a child and things like group dynamics made no sense to her.
2. Liane's teachers struggled with her behaviors and they believed that she was "obstinate" and "mentally ______".
3. Autism is understood as a _______ disease, because it most often arises during childhood.
4. According to the book, each symptom of Asperger's syndrome is uniquely manifested and some individuals never receive _______.
5. While Liane was in high school she enjoyed ______ different activities, some of which she was better at than others.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)