|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane was best at drama, and being around the speech and dramatic arts club exposed her to other ______, or those with AS.
2. Liane also had difficulty with bright lights and ______, but she was able to find a certain amount of peace while she was underwater.
3. Liane noticed that her friends all had different ways of dealing with anxiety including all of the following except _______.
(a) Nail biting.
(b) Teeth sucking.
(d) Tiny muscle twitches.
4. The book suggests that though there are different prognoses, helping individuals _______ society may not be the best approach.
(b) Drop out of.
(c) Conform to.
5. Liane believed that her real problem with making friends in college was that she didn't understand _______.
(b) The language.
(c) The vernacular.
6. By the time she was eight years old, Liane was able to remember factual material very well but struggled with ______.
(a) Concrete material.
7. Liane lists some of the impairments that made it difficult for her to be in college and fit in with others including all of the following except _______.
(a) Rigid thinking.
(b) Social impairment.
(d) Loose associations.
8. Unlike other kids her age, Liane found the ______ of college to be challenging; there were not enough rules for her.
9. Asperger's syndrome is a mild form of the condition known as _______. Individuals with this disorder, have various prognoses, but contribute greatly to society.
10. People on campus did not accept her the way some of her high school friends had and were often ______.
11. Unlike her friends, Liane had a great deal of interest in romantic comedies and the ______.
(a) Wild West.
(b) Wild North.
(c) The South.
(d) Middle East.
12. According to the book, helping those with AS requires all of the following elements except _______.
(a) Legal support.
(b) Medical support.
(c) Intervention programs.
(d) Educational support.
13. Part of Liane's language ability had to do with finding _____ of words that would add to the speech she delivered.
14. In ballet class, Liane had difficulty learning to "move like a ______" and would hit other children who brushed into her.
15. One of the most difficult things for Liane in the classroom was chaos and _____ that she experienced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane wanted real school supplies to play with and quickly lost interest in ______ that did not smell like new ones.
2. According to the book, the person at the flea market who has memorized the _______ and birth dates of everyone there may have AS.
3. Liane's grades began to fall while she was in college due to _______.
4. Large crowds of students would overwhelm Liane and she would follow them until she found a ______ to help guide her around the campus and to her class.
5. Liane refers to those who can accept and support those with AS as barometers and _______ that help AS people find who they are.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)