|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix V, Coping Strategies for Sensory Perception Problems, Appendix VI, Thoughts for the Non-AS Support People, Appendix VII, Support Groups and Other Helpful Resources.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to be able to maintain a normal conversation, Liane developed a strategy of ______ herself.
(a) Shutting down.
(c) Disabling herself.
2. Unlike other kids her age, Liane found the ______ of college to be challenging; there were not enough rules for her.
3. Liane believes that her daughter's capacity for _______ means that she has not given up on herself.
4. After completing her first ______ years of college, Liane went to a counselor who gave her very good advice about getting out and managing her life without apology.
5. Liane's grades began to fall while she was in college due to _______.
(b) Not getting enough sleep.
(c) Missing class.
(d) Studying the wrong material.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane lists several responsibilities for people with AS once on the job including all of the following except: _____.
2. Liane described a preoccupation with round numbers and she used to calm herself by doing certain activities in ______.
3. Liane didn't realize that Asperger's syndrome was behind her difficulties in college and she was often ______ for class.
4. Liane has learned to ______ people who challenge the reality of the AS experience as a means of protecting herself.
5. Educators should be aware of all of the following challenges for people with AS except ______.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)