|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix V, Coping Strategies for Sensory Perception Problems, Appendix VI, Thoughts for the Non-AS Support People, Appendix VII, Support Groups and Other Helpful Resources.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane suggests that _______ projects given by employers is mutually beneficial to them and those with AS.
(a) Projects similar to everyone else's.
2. According to the book, each symptom of Asperger's syndrome is uniquely manifested and some individuals never receive _______.
(a) A handicapped placard.
(c) A diagnosis.
3. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to deal with tactile sensitivity including all of the following except _____.
(a) Filling balloons with flour to squish.
(b) If washing your hair is difficult, wear a shorter hair cut.
(c) Wearing a heavy hat to stimulate your skull.
(d) Finding the kinds of fabric with which you can deal.
4. Liane never had to ______ as a child and things like group dynamics made no sense to her.
5. Liane was unable to translate her success on stage to her day to day life and would often ______.
(a) Isolate herself.
(b) Make too many friends.
(c) Get into fights.
(d) Yell at people.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of her first year of college, Liane felt defeated in the social arena and had _______ her courses.
2. Liane followed ______ to the letter, and words often meant more to her than actions.
3. Liane recounts an experience in which she painted the entire house in _____ colors, and then had to repaint two weeks later because she couldn't stand it.
4. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to deal with needs for mouth stimulation including all of the following except _____.
5. According to the book, the person at the flea market who has memorized the _______ and birth dates of everyone there may have AS.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)