|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix I, Explaining Who You Are to Those Who Care, Appendix II, Survival Skills for AS College Students.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the most difficult things for Liane in the classroom was chaos and _____ that she experienced.
2. Liane states that there are a few people that through letting her be herself have given her _______ to experiment and develop her skills.
3. Liane outlines several strategies for letting people know including all of the following except _____.
(a) Preparing a business card with AS information on it.
(b) Keep AS reference materials in your home.
(c) Sending names of people you want to educate to organizations that provide newsletters.
(d) Carrying a sign on a street corner.
4. After her encounter with the man wearing the flannel shirt, Liane took a different job as a(n) _______.
(a) Television host.
(b) Radio host.
(c) Crossing guard.
(d) Elementary teacher.
5. The benefits of choosing to share with others about AS include all of the following except ______.
(a) Through educating others you can learn to appreciate yourself.
(b) People will like you more.
(c) Educating others might allow for other AS people to be recognized and get help.
(d) Once people are told, they become better resources and supports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane also had difficulty with bright lights and ______, but she was able to find a certain amount of peace while she was underwater.
2. Liane states that she has more difficulty recalling ______ than she does recounting facts.
3. Liane discovers that she and her daughter both have big ______ and benefit from lots of encouragement.
4. Liane has learned to ______ people who challenge the reality of the AS experience as a means of protecting herself.
5. Liane thinks of her peculiarities as ______ that interferes with her communication with others.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)