|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix I, Explaining Who You Are to Those Who Care, Appendix II, Survival Skills for AS College Students.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane could not stand other children because they would try to stop her from _______ school supplies, which she thought was fun.
2. In ballet class, Liane had difficulty learning to "move like a ______" and would hit other children who brushed into her.
3. Liane states that she knew her _____ twin was going to be special even before she was born.
4. The benefits of choosing to share with others about AS include all of the following except ______.
(a) Educating others might allow for other AS people to be recognized and get help.
(b) Through educating others you can learn to appreciate yourself.
(c) Once people are told, they become better resources and supports.
(d) People will like you more.
5. Liane believes that the people who need to know about AS include all of the following except ______.
(a) People in positions of authority over you.
(b) Individuals to whom you turn for advice or support.
(c) Virtual strangers.
(d) People with whom you are developing a strong relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane discovers that she and her daughter both have big ______ and benefit from lots of encouragement.
2. The youngest daughter started showing signs of ______ difficulties although at first nobody believed Liane.
3. Liane reports that most of the time Tom is able to ______ the conversation which helps her decode what he is saying.
4. Liane states that she could often hear the _____ words of a sentence or conversation.
5. People on campus did not accept her the way some of her high school friends had and were often ______.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)