|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Settling In, But Never Down.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane developed several strategies for calming her babies that would not be too motion based including all of the following except _______.
(a) Walking the floors and bouncing.
(b) Swaying very slightly from side to side.
(c) Rocking them in a cradle.
(d) Sitting in the rocking chair.
2. Liane was invited to go _______ by some girls from school but later found out that they only needed her for a ride.
(a) To a party.
(b) To a restaurant.
(d) To the movies.
3. One of Liane's favorite places to be was up in a ______ tree where she could watch people and not have to interact with them.
4. Liane discovered that she was able to tolerate all of the following fabrics except ______.
(a) Very bumpy chenille.
(c) Rough velvet.
(d) Finely woven cottons.
5. Liane didn't realize that Asperger's syndrome was behind her difficulties in college and she was often ______ for class.
(c) Too cold.
(d) Inappropriately dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane describes some of her most tenacious AS traits as " ______ in the breeze," liable to pop up at an inopportune moment.
2. The book describes the term "society" as being _______; in other words, it covers a very large area and is difficult to precisely categorize.
3. Liane believes that her daughter's capacity for _______ means that she has not given up on herself.
4. One of the communication problems that Liane encounters in their relationship is following her husband's ________.
5. Liane realizes that she tends to think very concretely and needs answers to be ______ or wrong.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)