|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Settling In, But Never Down.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane created several ______ rituals that she performed in order to appear interested in a conversation.
2. According to the book, those with AS may be those that _______ when they are out in public.
(a) Maintain all social rules.
(b) Read faces.
(c) Stay far away from others.
(d) Invade personal space.
3. The author makes the comment that trying to "meld" people into society turns people into _______ , and denies their individuality.
(a) Sodium copies.
(b) Carbon copies.
(c) Hydrogen copies.
(d) Nitrogen copies.
4. One of Liane's favorite places to be was up in a ______ tree where she could watch people and not have to interact with them.
5. Liane discovered that it was difficult for her to leave ______ and she especially hated active outings.
(a) The car.
(d) Her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to be able to maintain a normal conversation, Liane developed a strategy of ______ herself.
2. In order to bypass the difficulties of traffic and too much sensory input, Liane arrived at the University of Houston _____.
3. Liane struggles with teaching her daughter how to get along ______, because she also wants her to be autonomous.
4. Asperger's syndrome was first discussed by Hans Asperger in ______.
5. Liane didn't realize for a long time that she thought about things others did not. She didn't feel ______ when others forgot her.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)