|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Remembering When.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author makes the comment that trying to "meld" people into society turns people into _______ , and denies their individuality.
(a) Carbon copies.
(b) Hydrogen copies.
(c) Sodium copies.
(d) Nitrogen copies.
2. In ballet class, Liane had difficulty learning to "move like a ______" and would hit other children who brushed into her.
3. The book suggests that though there are different prognoses, helping individuals _______ society may not be the best approach.
(b) Conform to.
(c) Drop out of.
4. Individuals living with Asperger's syndrome may have all of the following issues except_______.
(b) Imaginative limitations.
(c) Narrow interests.
(d) Communicative challenges.
5. The book describes the term "society" as being _______; in other words, it covers a very large area and is difficult to precisely categorize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Asperger's syndrome is a mild form of the condition known as _______. Individuals with this disorder, have various prognoses, but contribute greatly to society.
2. The book states that society would be ______ if it were not for the special capabilities and talents of those with AS.
3. One of Liane's favorite places to be was up in a ______ tree where she could watch people and not have to interact with them.
4. Liane followed ______ to the letter, and words often meant more to her than actions.
5. Liane loved to eat _____ things even if they were bad for her.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)