|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix III, Employment Options and Responsibilities, Appendix IV, Organizing Your Home Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane believes that people who don't need to know about your AS status include all of the following except _____.
(a) Distant relatives with whom you are rarely in contact.
(b) Counselors or social workers.
(c) Children's teachers.
(d) Strangers you will likely only meet once.
2. Educators should be aware of all of the following challenges for people with AS except ______.
(a) Difficulty with abstract thinking.
(b) Sensory difficulties.
(c) Poor organization skills.
(d) Excessive use of sarcasm.
3. Liane discovered that it was difficult for her to leave ______ and she especially hated active outings.
(a) The car.
(d) Her bed.
4. Liane lists several strategies for people with AS to pick a career including all of the following except _____.
(a) Brainstorming all the ways you could make a career out of the things you enjoy.
(b) Throwing all your ideas into a hat and picking one.
(c) Making a list of the things you enjoy studying and doing.
(d) Researching the schedule and expectations of the job you are considering.
5. Liane realized that her daughter needed the kind of support Liane's ______ had given her, but was unable to provide it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane stated that during her daughter's testing at the Child Development Unit, she and her husband both ______, her from acceptance and possibility.
2. Liane states that 'Aspies' have to be ______ and forthright, which can cause a certain amount of awkwardness.
3. Liane realizes that she tends to think very concretely and needs answers to be ______ or wrong.
4. According to the book, helping those with AS requires all of the following elements except _______.
5. Liane Willey remembers wanting to hang out with her ______ friends, and feelings of wanting to isolate from her peers.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)