|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Losing My Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane never had to ______ as a child and things like group dynamics made no sense to her.
2. According to the book, each symptom of Asperger's syndrome is uniquely manifested and some individuals never receive _______.
(b) A handicapped placard.
(c) A diagnosis.
3. Part of Liane's language ability had to do with finding _____ of words that would add to the speech she delivered.
4. One of Liane's favorite places to be was up in a ______ tree where she could watch people and not have to interact with them.
5. The book describes the term "society" as being _______; in other words, it covers a very large area and is difficult to precisely categorize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane didn't realize that Asperger's syndrome was behind her difficulties in college and she was often ______ for class.
2. The author makes the comment that trying to "meld" people into society turns people into _______ , and denies their individuality.
3. Autism is understood as a _______ disease, because it most often arises during childhood.
4. Liane discovered that she enjoyed working with ______ and enrolled in a ceramics class.
5. According to the book, the person at the flea market who has memorized the _______ and birth dates of everyone there may have AS.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)