|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Rocking My Babies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane often ______ speaking competitions in which she participated, perhaps because it was a way for her to have a one-way conversation.
(c) Cheated at.
2. In relating to other parents, Liane discovered that while their experiences were similar, other parents were not as _____ affected as she was.
3. While Liane was in high school she enjoyed ______ different activities, some of which she was better at than others.
4. During the birth process, Liane's husband Tom, _______ in the delivery room.
(a) Yells at the ultrasound technician.
(b) Lights a cigar.
(d) Passes out.
5. Liane's teachers struggled with her behaviors and they believed that she was "obstinate" and "mentally ______".
Short Answer Questions
1. Competitive _______ and pep squad dancer activities didn't work well because of her problems with coordination.
2. Liane created several ______ rituals that she performed in order to appear interested in a conversation.
3. By her mid-twenties, Liane experienced herself as being somewhere between a smart college student and a lady who talks to _______.
4. Liane found that ______ were like another language that she had to learn, a process that often tired her.
5. In order to be able to maintain a normal conversation, Liane developed a strategy of ______ herself.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)