|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix I, Explaining Who You Are to Those Who Care, Appendix II, Survival Skills for AS College Students.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liane discovered through her marriage that ______ do not work for her and leave her feeling confused.
(b) Short sentences.
(c) Elaborate descriptions.
(d) Excessive detail.
2. Liane feels that people with AS should tell at least a ______ about their particular needs and challenges in order to get the support they need.
(d) Small group of intimate people.
3. Liane states that she has more difficulty recalling ______ than she does recounting facts.
(a) How to count.
(b) How to sing.
(c) How to laugh.
(d) How to behave.
4. Liane believes that people who don't need to know about your AS status include all of the following except _____.
(a) Children's teachers.
(b) Distant relatives with whom you are rarely in contact.
(c) Strangers you will likely only meet once.
(d) Counselors or social workers.
5. The benefits of choosing to share with others about AS include all of the following except ______.
(a) Educating others might allow for other AS people to be recognized and get help.
(b) Once people are told, they become better resources and supports.
(c) Through educating others you can learn to appreciate yourself.
(d) People will like you more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane believes that the people who need to know about AS include all of the following except ______.
2. Liane thinks of her peculiarities as ______ that interferes with her communication with others.
3. Liane's visual perception difficulties affect her in all of the following ways except ______.
4. Liane's husband's name is _______. Like Liane, he also enjoys the feel and experience of university campuses.
5. Liane describes _______ as a situation in which she is unable to let go of a particular train of thought.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)