|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix I, Explaining Who You Are to Those Who Care, Appendix II, Survival Skills for AS College Students.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a great deal of conflict in the AS community about ______ with the greater community.
2. Other strategies that Liane has for dealing with difficult conversations include all of the following except ______.
(a) Ignore the whole passage.
(b) Decide that Tom made a rude comment.
(c) Ask Tom to elaborate a specific point.
(d) Leave the room.
3. Liane believes that the people who need to know about AS include all of the following except ______.
(a) People with whom you are developing a strong relationship.
(b) Virtual strangers.
(c) Individuals to whom you turn for advice or support.
(d) People in positions of authority over you.
4. Liane lists several strategies for college students with AS to establish relationships with peers including all of the following except _____.
(a) Asking your guidance counselor to help you establish a friendship with another person.
(b) Using resources such as peer tutors or mentors to help get around campus.
(c) Going to lots of fraternity parties.
(d) Asking your guidance counselor to find a group of people whon share interests.
5. Liane was unable to translate her success on stage to her day to day life and would often ______.
(a) Make too many friends.
(b) Yell at people.
(c) Isolate herself.
(d) Get into fights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liane states that one of the kindest things her husband said to her was, "You are so _____".
2. Liane was worried that she would never find a romantic partner, but she found someone who could share her quiet and calm, which became their _____.
3. Liane felt that she could be herself when her protector was around, and she did not feel the need to be _____ like she did with others.
4. While Liane was in high school she enjoyed ______ different activities, some of which she was better at than others.
5. The negative aspects of choosing to share with others about AS include all of the following except ______.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)