• Autism has a wide range of abilities and disabilities.
• Scientists are still trying to figure out how autism develops and how to differentiate among different presentations.
• Asperger's syndrome is a particular condition on the autism spectrum, and was first discussed by Hans Asperger,
• People with AS have impairments in socialization, communication and imagination and are on the higher functioning end of the spectrum.
• Prognosis for AS is variable and there are many people that will never even be diagnosed.
• People with AS require a team of individuals to support them and their development.
Chapter 1, Remembering When
• Liane preferred playing with pretend friends, including Johnna and Penny, more than real people when she was a child.
• Liane did not want to share any of her toys, partly because none of the other children understood the rules by which she operated.
• Liane's mother enrolled her in a ballet class...
This section contains 1,410 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)