|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Krapotnik?
(a) Rusty's cleaning lady.
(b) Barbara's mother.
(c) Carolyn's landlady.
(d) The court reporter.
2. Sandy's questioning in court ruins ________________ career.
3. When proceedings begin, Kemp tells the judge that the defense has not been allowed to examine _________________.
(a) Carolyn's apartment.
(b) the glass.
(c) the autopsy report.
(d) crime scene photos.
4. What does Nico NOT know about Rusty after the trial?
(a) If Rusty bribed Judge Lyttle.
(b) If Rusty ever abused Barbara.
(c) If Rusty would win the election.
(d) If Rusty really killed Carolyn.
5. Locally, Rusty has become _____________________.
(a) a celebrity.
(b) a recluse.
(c) a legend.
(d) a murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time did Rusty's father spend in jail for his tax evasion crime?
2. What does Horgan say he does NOT recall about Rusty's case while discussing it with Rusty and Sandy?
3. Horgan states that Rusty never said that ________________________.
4. Leon Wells tells Rusty and Lip that ________________ set up the bribe which Leon paid to Larren Lyttle.
5. When Rusty has lunch with Horgan, Horgan promises _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Della Guardia want Molto to testify in the case? What does Dr. Robinson say regarding Rusty's ever confessing murder to him?
2. What does Sandy say about Rusty in the judge's chambers about someone framing Rusty and why does he take that chance?
3. What are Rusty's thoughts about his father when Sandy mentions how Rusty met Horgan, and what do they mean regarding implications of the family influence on people?
4. What does Lionel Kenneally tell Rusty that connects Larren Lyttle to Carolyn and Tommy Molto?
5. How do the testimonies of Eugenia, Mrs. Krapotnik and Horgan practically guarantee an acquittal for Rusty?
6. What instruction does Judge Lyttle give to the jury regarding the missing glass and what does the fingerprint expert admit about other prints at the crime scene?
7. Why is the end of the trial so unsettling for the reader?
8. How do Horgan and Judge Lyttle react to legal situations?
9. What is the significance of Rusty's dream about his mother in Chapter 25?
10. How does the murder trial affect Rusty and Barbara's marriage?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)