|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lip shows Rusty some documents that show that Carolyn was __________________ probation officer.
(a) Leon Wells'.
(b) Jimmy Frank's.
(c) Sam D'Amico's.
(d) Tommy Molto's.
2. How did Carolyn end her affair with Rusty?
3. What did Carolyn tell Rusty one day when he saw her in a bar and asked what he should do about his attachment to her?
(a) He should find someone else.
(b) He should grow up.
(c) She was going to get a restraining order.
(d) He should go to therapy.
4. Who is the pathologist working on the case of Carolyn's murder?
(a) Dr. Wilde.
(b) Dr. Kumagai.
(c) Dr. Takahashi.
(d) Dr. Kenyon.
5. Who is Larren Lyttle?
(a) A detective.
(b) A cop.
(c) A judge.
(d) A reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carolyn tell Rusty when he could sense her lust for him while working late one night?
2. What is Rusty's last name?
3. Barbara has gone back to school to get her PhD in what subject?
4. What was not found at Carolyn's murder scene?
5. What does Rusty notice about Carolyn while they wait for the verdict?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rusty's attraction to Carolyn influence his closing statement in the Wendell McGaffen case?
2. What quality does Rusty attach to beautiful people like his own father?
3. What is Barbara's reaction when she learns that Rusty will be working on Carolyn's murder case?
4. How is Carolyn able to connect with little Wendell McGaffen when preparing for the abuse case?
5. What are the two reasons that there is a delay in getting a computerized scan of the fingerprint evidence?
6. What is the most questionable piece of evidence that is mentioned--at least in Rusty's eyes?
7. What would lead Dr. Kumagai to believe that Carolyn's rapist was sterile?
8. How are the typical roles in a sexual relationship reversed with Rusty and Carolyn and what does that say about their personalities?
9. What does Rusty tell Robinson about his behavior after Carolyn ended their affair?
10. How is the B file introduced into the novel?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)