|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Carolyn's son?
2. Who is Raymond Horgan?
(a) Rusty's brother-in-law.
(b) Rusty's boss.
(c) Rusty's squash buddy.
(d) Rusty's neighbor.
3. Molto says that ________________ may have obstructed justice in Carolyn's case.
4. Who is Jamie Kemp?
(a) Sandy's assistant.
(b) Barbara's brother.
(c) Nat's best friend.
(d) Carolyn's son.
5. What is Rusty's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rusty and Carolyn had been working on a case in which a banker named Darryl McGaffen had a brother named ________________ who was laundering money through the bank.
2. What does Horgan tell Rusty at the election party?
3. Sandy tells Rusty that Nico did not want to add a charge of ____________________ in Rusty's case.
4. Who is the pathologist working on the case of Carolyn's murder?
5. Which of the following is NOT among the evidence used to try Rusty for Carolyn's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rusty's attraction to Carolyn influence his closing statement in the Wendell McGaffen case?
2. How is the B file introduced into the novel?
3. What is the nature of the phone calls to Rusty's home that are listed in Carolyn's phone records?
4. Why was Rusty's infatuation with New Wave rock symbolic of his life at the time?
5. What is Barbara's reaction when she learns that Rusty will be working on Carolyn's murder case?
6. Who wins the District Attorney election and what does Horgan tell Rusty at his election day party?
7. What is the double meaning of Rusty's telling Robinson that he was lost in his affair with Carolyn?
8. What is the premise of "Presumed Innocent"?
9. What would lead Dr. Kumagai to believe that Carolyn's rapist was sterile?
10. What information does Lip find about Leon Wells regarding his probation officer and the prosecuting attorney?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)