|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rusty and Carolyn do while waiting for the verdict in the McGaffen trial?
(a) They went to a movie.
(b) They went to dinner.
(c) They went out for drinks.
(d) They returned to the office.
2. Lionel Kenneally tells Rusty that Carolyn worked as a ______________ before becoming a lawyer.
(b) probation officer.
(c) court reporter.
(d) tour guide.
3. Lipranzer suspects that ________________ was involved with Carolyn.
4. What is the nickname of the county pathologist?
(b) Dr. Death.
5. Who is the secretary for Rusty's office?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carolyn tell Rusty one day when he saw her in a bar and asked what he should do about his attachment to her?
2. What is Carolyn's last name?
3. What do the exit poll results indicate on election day?
4. Lip shows Rusty some documents that show that Carolyn was __________________ probation officer.
5. The doctor suspects foul play in the situation of Darryl's son and tells ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rusty reveal about his courtroom technique in "Opening Statement"?
2. What is the premise of "Presumed Innocent"?
3. How has the author's development of the characters up to this point affect the reader's perception as the murder trial begins?
4. What is the importance to the plot of Rusty's visits with his psychiatrist?
5. What information does Lip find about Leon Wells regarding his probation officer and the prosecuting attorney?
6. What is the nature of the phone calls to Rusty's home that are listed in Carolyn's phone records?
7. How are the typical roles in a sexual relationship reversed with Rusty and Carolyn and what does that say about their personalities?
8. Describe Rusty's first encounter with Marty Polhemus at the university.
9. Who wins the District Attorney election and what does Horgan tell Rusty at his election day party?
10. How is the B file introduced into the novel?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)