|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questioned Wendell on the witness stand?
2. What does Rusty tell his psychiatrist about Carolyn?
(a) She was the most exciting woman he ever knew.
(b) She was too timid to be a prosecuting attorney.
(c) She was a real shrew.
(d) She was nice but not much to look at.
3. Nat is what type of child?
(a) A hellian.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) An athlete.
(d) A scientist.
4. How is the judge for Rusty's case chosen?
5. Who is able to connect with the McGaffen boy and get him to talk about his abuse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan Lipranzer suggests that Carolyn may have let ______________________ into her apartment.
2. Rusty thinks about his father who was a _______________ from Belgrade.
3. Lionel Kenneally tells Rusty that Carolyn was at the police station investigating files concerning ___________________.
4. Why does Robinson refuse to make a statement in Rusty's case?
5. Molto says that ________________ may have obstructed justice in Carolyn's case.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Rusty's relationship with his boss, Raymond Horgan, especially as it relates to running for the District Attorney job.
2. What is the importance to the plot of Rusty's visits with his psychiatrist?
3. What is the nature of the phone calls to Rusty's home that are listed in Carolyn's phone records?
4. Why did Carolyn most likely want Rusty to run for District Attorney instead of Horgan?
5. What are the circumstances in which Tommy Molto accuses Rusty of killing Carolyn?
6. What crime scene evidence is revealed in Chapter 2?
7. What are the two reasons that there is a delay in getting a computerized scan of the fingerprint evidence?
8. How does the author try to create some sympathy for Rusty's character regarding his stagnant marriage and his attraction to Carolyn?
9. How are the typical roles in a sexual relationship reversed with Rusty and Carolyn and what does that say about their personalities?
10. What does Sandy think about Nico Della Guardia's decision to not add a charge of obstruction of justice against Rusty?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)