|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rusty claim he was on the night of Carolyn's murder?
(a) Home with his son.
(b) An airplane.
(c) Dinner with his wife.
(d) A movie.
2. What is found at the McGaffen house that confirms the doctor's suspicions of abuse on the child?
(a) Handcuffs with skin on them.
(b) A vise grip with bits of skin on it.
(c) A lighter in the boy's room.
(d) A knive with skin on it.
3. Who is Jamie Kemp?
(a) Barbara's brother.
(b) Nat's best friend.
(c) Sandy's assistant.
(d) Carolyn's son.
4. Who questioned Wendell on the witness stand?
5. What does the acronym, "LNU" stand for?
(a) Lessons Not Understood.
(b) Last Name Unknown.
(c) Leave Nothing Unchanged.
(d) Lesbians are Not Ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robinson refuse to make a statement in Rusty's case?
2. Who mistreated the McGaffen boy at home?
3. What does Sandy think that Nico will have a hard time explaining in Rusty's case?
4. What is Rusty's last name?
5. Rusty thinks about his father who was a _______________ from Belgrade.
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the author's development of the characters up to this point affect the reader's perception as the murder trial begins?
2. How does the author try to create some sympathy for Rusty's character regarding his stagnant marriage and his attraction to Carolyn?
3. What are the two reasons that there is a delay in getting a computerized scan of the fingerprint evidence?
4. What technique does the author use in character development which is similar to a lawyer making a case?
5. What quality does Rusty attach to beautiful people like his own father?
6. How is Carolyn able to connect with little Wendell McGaffen when preparing for the abuse case?
7. What does Rusty tell Robinson about his behavior after Carolyn ended their affair?
8. What does Rusty reveal about his courtroom technique in "Opening Statement"?
9. How does Rusty's attraction to Carolyn influence his closing statement in the Wendell McGaffen case?
10. What does Sandy think about Nico Della Guardia's decision to not add a charge of obstruction of justice against Rusty?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)