|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern where Rusty meets Lionel Kenneally in Chapter 30?
(a) Six Brothers.
(c) Four Aces.
(d) Black Swan.
2. What fact has the prosecution not been able to establish in court?
(a) That Molto had an affair with Carolyn.
(b) That Rusty had an affair with Carolyn.
(c) That Lip had an affair with Carolyn.
(d) That Horgan had an affair with Carolyn.
3. How many other fingerprints, other than those on the glass, in Carolyn's apartment have been tested to see if they came from the same person?
4. What does Lionel Kenneally tell Rusty when he meets him at the tavern?
(a) The missing glass has been found.
(b) Carolyn was about to be fired.
(c) Carolyn had an affair with Larren Lyttle.
(d) He is leaving the department.
5. What does Nico NOT know about Rusty after the trial?
(a) If Rusty really killed Carolyn.
(b) If Rusty bribed Judge Lyttle.
(c) If Rusty would win the election.
(d) If Rusty ever abused Barbara.
6. The prosecution states that it will not call ____________ as a witness.
7. Horgan believes that Rusty killed Carolyn ___________________________.
(a) to punish Horgan for having an affair with her.
(b) because he was afraid Barbara would find out about them.
(c) because she was putting pressure on him to run against Horgan.
(d) in the heat of passion.
8. After the trial, Sandy will be _______________________.
(a) an attorney of national standing.
(b) teaching law school.
(d) becoming a judge.
9. When proceedings begin, Kemp tells the judge that the defense has not been allowed to examine _________________.
(a) Carolyn's apartment.
(b) the glass.
(c) the autopsy report.
(d) crime scene photos.
10. Sandy thinks Rusty has been framed but in order to prove it, he needs to discuss __________________ in court.
(a) Carolyn's promiscuity.
(b) illegal phone tapping.
(c) the B file.
(d) Horgan's manipulations.
11. Who is Rusty's former secretary?
(a) Eugenia Martinez.
(b) Maria Gomez.
(c) Janice Martin.
(d) Cecelia D'Amico.
12. Chapter 32 opens with a battle in court over the prosecution's continued failure to _____________________.
(a) produce credible witnesses.
(b) find the glass.
(c) secure phone records.
(d) produce a murder weapon.
13. What does Rusty find on a large iron tool in the basement of his house?
(a) Blood and hair.
(b) Dried semen.
(c) Bloody fingerprints.
(d) Blood and skin.
14. Who is Maurice Dickerman?
(a) A lie detector expert.
(b) A medical examiner.
(c) A fingerprint expert.
(d) A toxicologist.
15. Leon Wells tells Rusty and Lip that ________________ set up the bribe which Leon paid to Larren Lyttle.
(a) Della Guardia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the maid from Carolyn's neighborhood who cannot recall which Tuesday night she saw Rusty?
2. Who does Horgan blame for the damage done to his career?
3. Why does Lip call Rusty at the end of Chapter 32?
4. Chapter 27 opens with the revelation that the prosecution cannot find _____________________.
5. Barbara tells Rusty that she has taken a teaching job in ___________________.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)