|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maurice Dickerman?
(a) A medical examiner.
(b) A lie detector expert.
(c) A toxicologist.
(d) A fingerprint expert.
2. The prosecution states that it will not call ____________ as a witness.
3. Rusty thinks that it could hurt his case if _________________, Larren Lyttle's best friend, turns out to be a hostile witness.
4. Sandy tells Rusty that Horgan got Carolyn the job as Deputy Prosecutor on the condition that ____________________.
(a) she would have an affair with Lyttle.
(b) Lyttle stop taking bribes.
(c) she sleep with Horgan.
(d) she seduce Rusty and get him fired.
5. Chapter 27 opens with the revelation that the prosecution cannot find _____________________.
(a) the crime scene photos.
(b) a murder weapon.
(c) the glass.
(d) Marty's address.
6. Who was Rusty's mother?
7. What does Nico tell Rusty when he runs into him on the street several months after the trial?
(a) He knows that Rusty is guilty.
(b) He never tried to frame Rusty.
(c) He was in love with Carolyn too.
(d) He knew that Lyttle accepted bribes.
8. Why does Rusty not want Barbara to testify in court?
(a) He doesn't want her reputation ruined.
(b) He doesn't want to put her through it.
(c) He thinks she will get flustered.
(d) He thinks she will turn on him.
9. What response does Dr. Robinson give to the answer in #148?
(a) Rusty never really loved Barbara.
(b) Rusty did not tell him that he murdered Carolyn.
(c) Rusty did not tell him that he ended the affair with Carolyn.
(d) Rusty was not his patient at the time of Carolyn's murder.
10. How many glasses are shown in a crime scene photo in court?
11. Judge Lyttle has a history of attacking prosecutors and __________________ in court.
(b) repeat offenders.
(c) first time offenders.
12. What does Rusty find in a drawer in Carolyn's bedside table?
(a) A novel.
(b) A pack of cigarettes.
(c) A phone directory.
(d) A magazine.
13. After the trial, Sandy will be _______________________.
(a) becoming a judge.
(b) teaching law school.
(d) an attorney of national standing.
14. Why do Rusty and Nat not stay for barbecue after a t-ball game when Summer comes?
(a) The notoriety of Rusty's trial makes them too uncomfortable.
(b) Nat is leaving for Summer camp in the morning and needs to get to bed early.
(c) They have to get packed for vacation.
(d) Nat is not feeling well.
15. How much time did Rusty's father spend in jail for his tax evasion crime?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Horgan states that Rusty never said that ________________________.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 37, Rusty is thrilled at being free but is also _________________.
3. What does Horgan say he does NOT recall about Rusty's case while discussing it with Rusty and Sandy?
4. Someone has begun calling Rusty once a week, and although the caller does not identify himself, Rusty knows it is ________________.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 35, what time is it when Barbara thinks Rust is getting up when actually he is just coming to bed?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)