|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Dr. Robinson give to the answer in #148?
(a) Rusty did not tell him that he ended the affair with Carolyn.
(b) Rusty did not tell him that he murdered Carolyn.
(c) Rusty never really loved Barbara.
(d) Rusty was not his patient at the time of Carolyn's murder.
2. What does Jamie search for in Carolyn's apartment?
3. Rusty did not want Sandy to ask in court how Rusty and Horgan met because Horgan's law partner had defended _________________ from tax evasion.
(a) Barbara's brother.
(b) Rusty's father.
(c) Rusty's uncle.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 35, what time is it when Barbara thinks Rust is getting up when actually he is just coming to bed?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 4:15 a.m.
5. Why will Horgan testify against Rusty?
(a) To get revenge for Rusty seducing his wife.
(b) To keep his own name in the news.
(c) To get revenge for Rusty ruining his career.
(d) To make sure Rusty never gets elected to office.
6. Why did Sandy continually bring up the introduction of the B file into evidence during the trial?
(a) To threaten Lyttle.
(b) To threaten Horgan.
(c) To threaten Molto.
(d) To threaten Della Guardia.
7. Who is Rusty's former secretary?
(a) Cecelia D'Amico.
(b) Maria Gomez.
(c) Janice Martin.
(d) Eugenia Martinez.
8. Why does Rusty not want Barbara to testify in court?
(a) He doesn't want her reputation ruined.
(b) He doesn't want to put her through it.
(c) He thinks she will get flustered.
(d) He thinks she will turn on him.
9. Judge Lyttle has a history of attacking prosecutors and __________________ in court.
(a) first time offenders.
(b) repeat offenders.
10. Who is the maid from Carolyn's neighborhood who cannot recall which Tuesday night she saw Rusty?
(a) Maggie Bowman.
(b) Maybell Beatrice.
(c) Margaret Beaulieu.
(d) Madge Benson.
11. Chapter 32 opens with a battle in court over the prosecution's continued failure to _____________________.
(a) find the glass.
(b) produce a murder weapon.
(c) produce credible witnesses.
(d) secure phone records.
12. Who shows up at Carolyn's apartment while Rusty and Lip are inspecting it?
13. Chapter 27 opens with the revelation that the prosecution cannot find _____________________.
(a) Marty's address.
(b) the crime scene photos.
(c) a murder weapon.
(d) the glass.
14. What does Horgan admit to on the stand?
(a) He hired Carolyn.
(b) He promoted Carolyn.
(c) He had an affair with Carolyn.
(d) He fired Carolyn.
15. Which of the following is NOT something that Rusty worries about at the moment?
(a) What will happen to him if he goes to prison.
(b) What will happen to Nat if Rusty goes to prison.
(c) Whether Carolyn ever really loved him.
(d) His gratitude for Barbara's taking care of his sick mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rusty's secretary testifies that she heard Rusty call Carolyn ____________________ during a phone conversation.
2. Locally, Rusty has become _____________________.
3. What does Nico ask Rusty when he sees him in the restroom?
4. What does Rusty find in a drawer in Carolyn's bedside table?
5. What favor does Rusty ask of the caller in #98?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)