|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 32 opens with a battle in court over the prosecution's continued failure to _____________________.
(a) produce credible witnesses.
(b) produce a murder weapon.
(c) find the glass.
(d) secure phone records.
2. Who does Rusty learn is to be the star witness in the case against him?
3. At the end of his conversation with Rusty, Sandy implies that _________________ killed Carolyn.
4. Sandy thinks Rusty has been framed but in order to prove it, he needs to discuss __________________ in court.
(a) Carolyn's promiscuity.
(b) illegal phone tapping.
(c) Horgan's manipulations.
(d) the B file.
5. What does Horgan admit to on the stand?
(a) He fired Carolyn.
(b) He had an affair with Carolyn.
(c) He promoted Carolyn.
(d) He hired Carolyn.
6. What does Rusty find on a large iron tool in the basement of his house?
(a) Blood and skin.
(b) Blood and hair.
(c) Dried semen.
(d) Bloody fingerprints.
7. What does Nico tell Rusty when he runs into him on the street several months after the trial?
(a) He never tried to frame Rusty.
(b) He was in love with Carolyn too.
(c) He knew that Lyttle accepted bribes.
(d) He knows that Rusty is guilty.
8. Why does Nat say that he is not afraid of his father's trial?
(a) His mother told him it was a bunch of junk.
(b) His father can win at anything.
(c) His father is innocent.
(d) He hasn't been paying much attention to it.
9. Judge Lyttle has a history of attacking prosecutors and __________________ in court.
(b) repeat offenders.
(d) first time offenders.
10. Why does Sandy chastise Kemp during a recess?
(a) He forgot the jurors' interview questions.
(b) He says he thinks Rusty will beat the charge.
(c) He spilled coffee on crime scene photos.
(d) He laughed out loud during court proceedings.
11. What is the name of the black street gang to which Leon Wells belongs?
(a) Noir Saints.
(c) Ebony Saints.
(d) Night Saints.
12. Someone has begun calling Rusty once a week, and although the caller does not identify himself, Rusty knows it is ________________.
13. Marty does not tell the prosecutor that Rusty had an affair with his mother because _________________________.
(a) Rusty paid him for his silence.
(b) he doesn't think Rusty is the murderer.
(c) he doesn't think his mother had any affairs.
(d) he is not sure about what to say yet.
14. What was Judge Lyttle's job before becoming a judge?
(a) Prosecuting attorney.
(b) Defense attorney.
(c) Law school professor.
(d) Legal aid attorney.
15. What does Jamie search for in Carolyn's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at Carolyn's apartment while Rusty and Lip are inspecting it?
2. What fact has the prosecution not been able to establish in court?
3. Barbara tells Rusty that she has taken a teaching job in ___________________.
4. Sandy's questioning in court ruins ________________ career.
5. Chapter 27 opens with the revelation that the prosecution cannot find _____________________.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)