Opening Statement and Spring, Chapters 1 and 2
• Prosecuting attorney, Rusty Sabich, talks with his boss, District Attorney Raymond Horgan, about Carolyn Polhemus, a deputy prosecuting attorney who was raped and murdered three days earlier.
• Another deputy prosecuting attorney, Nico Della Guardia, is running against Horgan in an election for Kindle County Prosecuting Attorney.
• At Carolyn's funeral, Della Guardia tells Rusty that he would like to have him as chief deputy prosecutor after the election.
• Rusty does not believe Della Guardia's offer because a deputy prosecutor named Tommy Molto is Della Guardia's best friend and most likely to get the job.
• At the funeral, Rusty meets Carolyn's son, Marty, and is taken aback because he did not know Carolyn had any children.
• Back at the office, Rusty and a cop and good friend, Dan Lipranzer discuss the murder case and how the rapist tied her up with slipknots as if...
This section contains 5,667 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)