|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dolores and Cavil fear?
2. What does Peggy aspire to be?
3. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
4. What errand was Alvin on for Makepeace?
5. What was Pauley Wiseman's main objection to Miss Larner living on her own?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of respect in this novel. Of what importance is respect among the White people in this novel? Of what importance is respect in today's era? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Measure's relationship with Delphi to any other relationship in the book. Explain what specifically makes them different. How does Measure make Delphi feel? How is this evident in the authors description? What about Makepeace and Gertie? Horace and Old Peg?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Peggy's relationship with her parents. How are the feelings of the parents revealed upon the new addition to the family? How do both parents react to her return as Miss Larner?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)