|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
2. What did Alvin think about when he had woken?
3. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
4. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
5. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Old Peg shoot the Finder dead?
2. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
3. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
4. What did Alvin and Measure teach each other?
5. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
6. Why was Alvin so offended at the idea that Miss Larner had paid him to look after her?
7. What decision changed little Peggy's life, and in what way did it change?
8. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
9. What did Pauley say that was so offensive?
10. What plan did Alvin come up with to make sure that the Finders would never find Arthur Stuart again?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alvin's initial fear that Arthur Stuart wasn't accepted in Vigor Church. Why was this a major concern of Alvin's? What was it that Alvin wanted for young Arthur Stuart, and why couldn't he just continue to follow Alvin?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Peggy's relationship with her parents. How are the feelings of the parents revealed upon the new addition to the family? How do both parents react to her return as Miss Larner?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the slave girl had an impact on Little Peggy. What did the slave girl bring to light in little Peggy, and how did this impact Peggy's life in a positive manner? What might have occurred had the slave girl never appeared?
This section contains 1,706 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)