|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Peggy look into the heartfires of the townsfolk?
(a) All of these.
(b) She is no longer responsible for their futures.
(c) She no longer noticed the heartfires of the people around her and never looked deep.
(d) She had meddled enough in the hearts of those around her.
2. What was Alvin's first Making?
(a) The golden living plow.
(b) All of these.
(c) A sleeping spell.
(d) A thread connecting him and Arthur.
3. What was worse pain than what Dolores was suffering?
(a) Knowing that Cavil sold his sons.
(b) Knowing that Cavil was a monster.
(c) Knowing that Cavil raped women.
(d) All of these.
4. Why was Alvin having difficulties grasping the theory regarding atoms?
(a) There was nothing he could think of so small that couldn't be cut.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Alvin couldn't see an atom.
(d) Both of these.
5. What did Alvin say to Arthur as he locked the manacles?
(a) I won't forget you.
(b) Don't be afraid.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first word the two people ask Arthur Stuart to spell?
2. What call did Alvin make so that Arthur knew it was Alvin?
3. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
4. What does Alvin want from the new schoolteacher?
5. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Alvin so offended at the idea that Miss Larner had paid him to look after her?
2. What plan did Alvin come up with to make sure that the Finders would never find Arthur Stuart again?
3. Why did Alvin figure Mock Berry didn't thank him for getting him a fair price?
4. What led Alvin to believe that Pieter Vanderwoort wanted Alvin's good opinion more than to get even? How did Alvin know he was basically a good man?
5. What did Alvin begin to notice, working at the smithy?
6. How did Alvin feel about women after witnessing the relationships of the Smiths and Guesters?
7. What might Peggy have said if she had gotten a chance, before her mama died?
8. Why was Old Peg fearful of the Fugitive Slave Treaty?
9. Why didn't Alvin want to take away Mike Fink's protective hex? Why did he have to?
10. For what reasons did Alvin make the manacles, and why didn't he put them in water to cool?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)