|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Alvin end up telling about the plow?
(a) Wastenot and Wantnot.
2. What call did Alvin make so that Arthur knew it was Alvin?
(a) A redbird.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A bluebird.
(d) A swallow.
3. What was Pauley Wiseman's main objection to Miss Larner living on her own?
(a) It wasn't proper.
(b) It wasn't normal.
(c) It wasn't acceptable.
(d) All of these.
4. What had Dr. Physicker done that embarrassed Alvin?
(a) Told him he was a good boy for protecting the teacher.
(b) Patted him on the head.
(c) Paid him for his protection of the new teacher.
(d) Called him a second rate man for his brutality at the shore.
5. What was worse pain than what Dolores was suffering?
(a) Knowing that Cavil was a monster.
(b) Knowing that Cavil raped women.
(c) All of these.
(d) Knowing that Cavil sold his sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Alvin having difficulties grasping the theory regarding atoms?
2. Why did Old Peg Guester pack her things along with Arthur Stuarts'?
3. What was Alvin's first Making?
4. What words did Horace use in regards to Alvin that rankled?
5. Who got out of Dr. Physicker's carriage first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Alvin want to take away Mike Fink's protective hex? Why did he have to?
2. Why is it that Miss Larner can't teach Alvin to be a Maker directly?
3. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
4. How did Miss Larner feel about Dr. Physicker's payment to Alvin?
5. Why was Old Peg fearful of the Fugitive Slave Treaty?
6. What excuses were offered to Old Peg to try and talk sense into her?
7. Why did Alvin figure Mock Berry didn't thank him for getting him a fair price?
8. What might Peggy have said if she had gotten a chance, before her mama died?
9. What did Alvin begin to notice, working at the smithy?
10. Why didn't Alvin think that people were the product of God's imagination?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)