|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does it hurt on Arthur Stuart?
(a) Where Alvin had been working.
(b) Where Alvin was about to be working.
(c) Where Alvin thought he should be working.
(d) Where Alvin had just finished working.
2. What word is a sure sign of ignorance and stupidity, according to the teacher?
(a) All of these.
(b) Cuss words.
3. What did Cavil think to do to win the Overseers' approval?
(a) Kill his wife.
(b) Kill his slaves.
(c) Kill Thrower.
(d) Kill Alvin.
4. What had happened to Salamandy?
(a) She had killed her baby, and then herself.
(b) She had run away.
(c) She had hung herself with a bedsheet.
(d) She had slit her wrists.
5. How many years did Makepeace steal from Alvin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arthur say picked him up and flew with him?
2. Who does Alvin encounter on the road to town?
3. What did Dolores and Cavil fear?
4. Where did Old Peg want the schoolteacher to live?
5. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Alvin want to take away Mike Fink's protective hex? Why did he have to?
2. What did Peggy refuse to name?
3. Why was Old Peg fearful of the Fugitive Slave Treaty?
4. Why did Pauley Wiseman work so quickly to get Arthur out of town?
5. Why is it that Miss Larner can't teach Alvin to be a Maker directly?
6. What excuses were offered to Old Peg to try and talk sense into her?
7. How does Old Peg feel initially about the teacher?
8. Why was Mistress Modesty so upset?
9. What incident caused Peggy to reveal herself as being who she really was?
10. What issues did Pauley have in regard to Miss Larner living alone? How did she respond to that?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)