|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Old Peg Guester pack her things along with Arthur Stuarts'?
(a) She was enclosing some of her things so he wouldn't feel far from her.
(b) She was going to spend the night in jail with him.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
2. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
(a) None of these.
(b) Searching high and low for good prices on iron.
(c) Drinking himself silly with the river rats at Hatrack Mouth.
(d) Going to church.
3. What word is a sure sign of ignorance and stupidity, according to the teacher?
(a) All of these.
(b) Cuss words.
4. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
(c) Old Peg.
(d) Arthur Stewart.
5. What does Cavil consider righteousness?
(a) The cold nature to which he treats the women he rapes.
(b) The whipping of slaves.
(c) The beating of slaves.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Cavil grieve for the death of the Finders?
2. What will Cavil call the stolen half black child?
3. Why was Peggy upset?
4. Who lost their job in Hatrack?
5. What is Measure's wifes' name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Alvin have any particular like for the two boys in Pieter's General Store?
2. What kinds of things did Alvin do around the springhouse?
3. Why did Alvin figure Mock Berry didn't thank him for getting him a fair price?
4. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
5. How did Miss Larner feel about Dr. Physicker's payment to Alvin?
6. How does Old Peg feel initially about the teacher?
7. What did Alvin begin to notice, working at the smithy?
8. How did Alvin feel about women after witnessing the relationships of the Smiths and Guesters?
9. Why was Old Peg fearful of the Fugitive Slave Treaty?
10. Why is it that Miss Larner can't teach Alvin to be a Maker directly?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)