|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters of credit did Cavil give Reverend Philadelphia Thrower?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Two hundred dollars.
(d) Seven hundred dollars.
2. What did the people standing by the stove offer Alvin?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A sip of cocoa.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A nip from the flask they had.
3. What was the first word Arthur spelled out?
4. What did Hank think Makepeace was doing?
(a) Laughing at him, thinking he wasn't smart enough to notice the switch.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these
(d) Mocking his abilities as a dowser.
5. What part of Alvin's mind does Miss Larner say is most neglected?
(a) None of these.
(b) His imagination.
(c) His analytical thinking.
(d) His thought processing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
2. What kind of birds' nests were in the Hatrack bridge eaves?
3. What was true Making?
4. What errand did Makepeace have Alvin doing in the snow?
5. Why didn't Cavil grieve for the death of the Finders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Alvin want to take away Mike Fink's protective hex? Why did he have to?
2. Why did Pauley Wiseman work so quickly to get Arthur out of town?
3. Why didn't Alvin have any particular like for the two boys in Pieter's General Store?
4. Why did Old Peg shoot the Finder dead?
5. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
6. What did the changes Alvin made in Arthur Stuart do to his heartfire and futures according to Peggy?
7. How did Alvin feel about women after witnessing the relationships of the Smiths and Guesters?
8. What excuses were offered to Old Peg to try and talk sense into her?
9. What did Alvin and Measure teach each other?
10. What plan did Alvin come up with to make sure that the Finders would never find Arthur Stuart again?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)