|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alvin encounter on the road to town?
(a) Anga Berry.
(b) Miss Larner.
(c) Makepeace Smith.
(d) Mock Berry.
2. Why does Peggy want to go to Philadelphia?
(a) A higher class of people are there.
(b) The best universities are there.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What is the first word the two people ask Arthur Stuart to spell?
4. What did Makepeace attempt to give back to Hank?
(a) His dignity back.
(b) The wand he had dowsed with.
(c) None of these.
(d) The esteem he had gained from the well.
5. What did Alvin do to convince the gold to maintain its shape?
(a) All of these.
(b) Cried out to the gold atoms to be like he was.
(c) Plunged his hands into the forge fire and placed them on the gold
(d) Told it that this was what it is, and showing it the plow shape in his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Measure's wifes' name?
2. What does Alvin do when a bear gets in his way?
3. How many points did Alvin's hexes have?
4. What thing didn't Alvin dream of?
5. Why did Old Peg Guester pack her things along with Arthur Stuarts'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Peggy refuse to name?
2. What kinds of things did Alvin do around the springhouse?
3. Why was Old Peg fearful of the Fugitive Slave Treaty?
4. Why didn't Alvin have any particular like for the two boys in Pieter's General Store?
5. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
6. What might Peggy have said if she had gotten a chance, before her mama died?
7. Why was Alvin so offended at the idea that Miss Larner had paid him to look after her?
8. How does Old Peg feel initially about the teacher?
9. Why was Mistress Modesty so upset?
10. What did Alvin and Measure teach each other?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)