|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the alternative to the manacles?
(a) A heavy iron and wood collar.
(b) Wire attachments around the throat and hands.
(c) Chains that bound his feet to a heavy weight.
(d) Inverted spikes on a collar.
2. How many bottles of bourbon did Cavil drink?
3. What does Alvin want to do with his journeyman piece?
(a) Make a plow.
(b) Make a living golden plow.
(c) All of these.
(d) Make a golden plow.
4. Who lost their job in Hatrack?
(a) Pauley Wiseman.
(b) Po Doggly.
(c) Mock Berry.
(d) Makepeace Smith.
5. What did Miss Larner want in payment for teaching Arthur Stuart?
(a) A dollar a month.
(b) A dollar a week.
(c) The allowance to host poetry readings in the roadhouse on Sunday evenings.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Makepeace steal from Alvin?
2. Why did Miss Larner wish to bring poetry to Hatrack River?
3. What new things did Alvin notice in Measure?
4. Why did Miss Larner cry a bit in regret?
5. What excuse does Old Peg offer for the reason that her son isn't allowed in the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Alvin have any particular like for the two boys in Pieter's General Store?
2. Why didn't Alvin think that people were the product of God's imagination?
3. What plan did Alvin come up with to make sure that the Finders would never find Arthur Stuart again?
4. For what reasons did Alvin make the manacles, and why didn't he put them in water to cool?
5. What issues did Pauley have in regard to Miss Larner living alone? How did she respond to that?
6. Why did Pauley Wiseman work so quickly to get Arthur out of town?
7. How does Old Peg feel initially about the teacher?
8. What led Alvin to believe that Pieter Vanderwoort wanted Alvin's good opinion more than to get even? How did Alvin know he was basically a good man?
9. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
10. What kinds of things did Alvin do around the springhouse?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)