|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first word Arthur spelled out?
2. What does Alvin do when a bear gets in his way?
(a) Wrassle him until he is unconscious.
(b) Beats his head until he's a wolverine.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. What thing didn't Alvin dream of?
(a) Arthur Stuart, dead from a beating.
(b) Turning the plow to gold.
(c) Alvin killing one of the Finders.
(d) Arthur Stuart being whipped.
4. What does Peggy aspire to be?
(b) Goody Smith.
5. What didn't Arthur tell anyone about?
(a) Alvin's knackery while he did the well.
(b) All of these.
(c) Alvin being a Maker.
(d) The Redbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alvin end up telling about the plow?
2. Why did Miss Larner wish to bring poetry to Hatrack River?
3. What was Miss Larner teaching Alvin about?
4. What was the alternative to the manacles?
5. What errand was Alvin on for Makepeace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mistress Modesty so upset?
2. How did Miss Larner feel about Dr. Physicker's payment to Alvin?
3. What did Peggy refuse to name?
4. Why didn't Alvin think that people were the product of God's imagination?
5. What excuses were offered to Old Peg to try and talk sense into her?
6. What incident caused Peggy to reveal herself as being who she really was?
7. What did Pauley say that was so offensive?
8. Why didn't Alvin want to take away Mike Fink's protective hex? Why did he have to?
9. What did Alvin begin to notice, working at the smithy?
10. What did the changes Alvin made in Arthur Stuart do to his heartfire and futures according to Peggy?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)