|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Peggy upset?
(a) She couldn't help Alvin, going through the worst pain of his life.
(b) She didn't get to see Alvin's Making as it happened.
(c) She couldn't save Alvin from the pain he had endured.
(d) All of these.
2. Why was the delivery book another slight?
(a) Makepeace didn't want Alvin handling transactions.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Makepeace didn't trust Alvin with money.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What was true Making?
(a) Convincing things that they wanted to be another way.
(b) Creating something with its' own life fire.
(c) All of these.
(d) Creating something from nothing.
4. Who does Alvin encounter on the road to town?
(a) Anga Berry.
(b) Miss Larner.
(c) Mock Berry.
(d) Makepeace Smith.
5. What was Miss Larner teaching Alvin about?
(a) Demosthenes theory of atomic structure.
(c) The Earth's rotation around the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new things did Alvin notice in Measure?
2. How many years did Makepeace steal from Alvin?
3. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
4. How did Alvin's story start?
5. Who steps up against Alvin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Miss Larner feel about Dr. Physicker's payment to Alvin?
2. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
3. What excuses were offered to Old Peg to try and talk sense into her?
4. How does Old Peg feel initially about the teacher?
5. Why did Alvin figure Mock Berry didn't thank him for getting him a fair price?
6. For what reasons did Alvin make the manacles, and why didn't he put them in water to cool?
7. Why did Pauley Wiseman work so quickly to get Arthur out of town?
8. What did Pauley say that was so offensive?
9. Why was everyone talking so friendly with the Finders? How did Alvin feel about them, and their flattery?
10. What plan did Alvin come up with to make sure that the Finders would never find Arthur Stuart again?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)