|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alvin do when a bear gets in his way?
(a) Wrassle him until he is unconscious.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Beats his head until he's a wolverine.
(d) Both of these.
2. What excuse does Old Peg offer for the reason that her son isn't allowed in the school?
(a) Her son is colored.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her son is black.
(d) Her son is a bit rambunctious.
3. How many bottles of bourbon did Cavil drink?
4. What does Miss Larner charge to tutor Alvin?
(a) A dollar a week.
(b) Sixty cents a week.
(c) Ten cents a week.
(d) Fifty cents a week.
5. What did Dolores and Cavil fear?
(a) The howling of the Blacks would spell his doom.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) The howling of the Black's was a revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alvin know Po Doggly and Horace Guester had worked together many times before?
2. Which of the men didn't want Arthur in the school?
3. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
4. What did Makepeace say in regards to the work Alvin did on the manacles?
5. What does Peggy aspire to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Alvin think that people were the product of God's imagination?
2. For what reasons did Alvin make the manacles, and why didn't he put them in water to cool?
3. What was Alvin's argument about some people having a knack to be a Finder?
4. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
5. What issues did Pauley have in regard to Miss Larner living alone? How did she respond to that?
6. Why didn't Alvin have any particular like for the two boys in Pieter's General Store?
7. How does Old Peg feel initially about the teacher?
8. How did Alvin feel about women after witnessing the relationships of the Smiths and Guesters?
9. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
10. Why is it that Miss Larner can't teach Alvin to be a Maker directly?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)