|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Alvin having difficulties grasping the theory regarding atoms?
(a) There was nothing he could think of so small that couldn't be cut.
(b) Alvin couldn't see an atom.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
2. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
(a) Old Peg.
(b) Arthur Stewart.
3. What is "behind the barn' talk?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Talk regarding the 'women' down at Hatrack Mouth.
(c) Talk regarding a womans' lady parts.
(d) Both of these.
4. What did Makepeace attempt to give back to Hank?
(a) None of these.
(b) The wand he had dowsed with.
(c) His dignity back.
(d) The esteem he had gained from the well.
5. Why was Peggy upset?
(a) She couldn't help Alvin, going through the worst pain of his life.
(b) She didn't get to see Alvin's Making as it happened.
(c) She couldn't save Alvin from the pain he had endured.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Horace use in regards to Alvin that rankled?
2. What was the only thing keeping Arthur from going to school?
3. What had Dr. Physicker done that embarrassed Alvin?
4. What doesn't Old Peg want Alvin to pick up from town?
5. Which of the men didn't want Arthur in the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
2. What did Peggy refuse to name?
3. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
4. What did the changes Alvin made in Arthur Stuart do to his heartfire and futures according to Peggy?
5. What plan did Alvin come up with to make sure that the Finders would never find Arthur Stuart again?
6. Why did Alvin figure Mock Berry didn't thank him for getting him a fair price?
7. How does Old Peg feel initially about the teacher?
8. Why was Mistress Modesty so upset?
9. For what reasons did Alvin make the manacles, and why didn't he put them in water to cool?
10. What was Alvin's argument about some people having a knack to be a Finder?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)