|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alvin want to do with his journeyman piece?
(a) Make a plow.
(b) Make a golden plow.
(c) Make a living golden plow.
(d) All of these.
2. Why must Peggy go and advance her schooling?
(a) For Alvin as a man.
(b) Both of these.
(c) For Alvin's work.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What did Alvin do to the man that was fighting him?
(a) Took away his hex.
(b) Broke his nose.
(c) All of these.
(d) Broke/healed his leg.
4. Why didn't Cavil grieve for the death of the Finders?
(a) He thought they had been foolish.
(b) He thought they were ugly.
(c) He despised them.
(d) They were only hirelings.
5. When had Arthur last seen the boat?
(a) When he was six.
(b) When he was a baby.
(c) When he was three.
(d) When he was ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does it hurt on Arthur Stuart?
2. What does Miss Larner charge to tutor Alvin?
3. Why didn't Peggy look into the heartfires of the townsfolk?
4. What does Alvin say to the river rats in order to get them to put away their knives?
5. What didn't Arthur tell anyone about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might Peggy have said if she had gotten a chance, before her mama died?
2. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
3. What incident caused Peggy to reveal herself as being who she really was?
4. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
5. How did Miss Larner feel about Dr. Physicker's payment to Alvin?
6. For what reasons did Alvin make the manacles, and why didn't he put them in water to cool?
7. Why did Old Peg shoot the Finder dead?
8. How does Old Peg feel initially about the teacher?
9. What excuses were offered to Old Peg to try and talk sense into her?
10. What was Alvin's argument about some people having a knack to be a Finder?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)