|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many points did Alvin's hexes have?
2. Who does Alvin encounter on the road to town?
(a) Miss Larner.
(b) Makepeace Smith.
(c) Mock Berry.
(d) Anga Berry.
3. What thing didn't Alvin dream of?
(a) Turning the plow to gold.
(b) Arthur Stuart being whipped.
(c) Alvin killing one of the Finders.
(d) Arthur Stuart, dead from a beating.
4. What did Miss Larner want in payment for teaching Arthur Stuart?
(a) A dollar a week.
(b) None of these.
(c) A dollar a month.
(d) The allowance to host poetry readings in the roadhouse on Sunday evenings.
5. What did the people standing by the stove offer Alvin?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A nip from the flask they had.
(d) A sip of cocoa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What call did Alvin make so that Arthur knew it was Alvin?
2. What was true Making?
3. What kind of birds' nests were in the Hatrack bridge eaves?
4. What had Dr. Physicker done that embarrassed Alvin?
5. What does Alvin say to the river rats in order to get them to put away their knives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
2. What did Pauley say that was so offensive?
3. What excuses were offered to Old Peg to try and talk sense into her?
4. What did the changes Alvin made in Arthur Stuart do to his heartfire and futures according to Peggy?
5. What was Alvin's argument about some people having a knack to be a Finder?
6. How did Miss Larner feel about Dr. Physicker's payment to Alvin?
7. Why didn't Alvin want to take away Mike Fink's protective hex? Why did he have to?
8. Why did Pauley Wiseman work so quickly to get Arthur out of town?
9. Why was Mistress Modesty so upset?
10. Why was everyone talking so friendly with the Finders? How did Alvin feel about them, and their flattery?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)