|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alvin want to do with his journeyman piece?
(a) Make a living golden plow.
(b) Make a plow.
(c) All of these.
(d) Make a golden plow.
2. What doesn't Old Peg want Alvin to pick up from town?
(a) Two cones of sugar.
(b) A dozen sheets of paper.
(c) A pound of pepper.
(d) A half pound of salt.
3. What did the people standing by the stove offer Alvin?
(a) A nip from the flask they had.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A sip of cocoa.
(d) A cup of coffee.
4. Why didn't Cavil grieve for the death of the Finders?
(a) He despised them.
(b) He thought they had been foolish.
(c) He thought they were ugly.
(d) They were only hirelings.
5. Who showed up with the Finders?
(a) Pauley Wiseman.
(b) Pieter Vanderwoort.
(c) Makepeace Smith.
(d) Dr. Physicker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lost their job in Hatrack?
2. What is "behind the barn' talk?
3. What will Cavil call the stolen half black child?
4. What did Dolores and Cavil fear?
5. What was Pauley Wiseman's main objection to Miss Larner living on her own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
2. What did Alvin and Measure teach each other?
3. What issues did Pauley have in regard to Miss Larner living alone? How did she respond to that?
4. Why is it that Miss Larner can't teach Alvin to be a Maker directly?
5. What did Peggy refuse to name?
6. Why did Alvin figure Mock Berry didn't thank him for getting him a fair price?
7. Why did Pauley Wiseman work so quickly to get Arthur out of town?
8. What did the changes Alvin made in Arthur Stuart do to his heartfire and futures according to Peggy?
9. What might Peggy have said if she had gotten a chance, before her mama died?
10. Why didn't Alvin have any particular like for the two boys in Pieter's General Store?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)