|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him a sweetheart.
(b) Calling him a dear friend.
(c) Calling him a friend.
(d) Calling him her sweetheart.
2. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
(a) All of these.
(b) Peggy had never been grateful enough to her mother.
(c) Peggy had been a mean spirited child.
(d) Peggy had never needed her mother.
3. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
4. How many years had past since Alvin had been an apprentice of Makepeace?
5. What was it that Hank realized with Alvin close?
(a) All of these.
(b) It was natural to hate him.
(c) It was the water that hated him.
(d) It was horrible to hate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shouldn't Hank bring up at the Guester's roadhouse?
2. What did Peggy wish to be?
3. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
4. What act opened Alvin wide for the Unmaker to enter him?
5. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
2. What sacrifice did the Black slave girl make? Why did she make this choice?
3. What did Peggy notice about Mistress Modesty's heart when she was looking at Peggy?
4. Why does Peggy not admire her father for helping Black slaves get north and free?
5. Why did Alvin dig out a well that he knew wouldn't do any good?
6. Why was the man that Peggy had been dancing with confused when Peggy stopped dancing?
7. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
8. What decision changed little Peggy's life, and in what way did it change?
9. What had White folk found a way to calculate?
10. What was the Unmaker's tool in the land?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)