|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was held out to Peggy?
(a) A silver plate.
(b) A pen and paper.
(c) A phone.
(d) None of these.
2. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
(a) Rob Berry.
(b) Jock Berry.
(c) Jack Berry.
(d) Mock Berry.
3. What is Horace's secret sin?
(a) He cheated on his wife with a woman in Dekane.
(b) He hated his daughter.
(c) He hated his wife.
(d) He wanted to die.
4. What did Alvin invite when he dug in anger?
(a) All of these.
(b) The Unmaker.
(d) The Destroyer.
5. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Women were too weak.
(b) Women were too compassionate.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
2. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
3. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
4. Who did Peggy hitch a ride with?
5. Who did Peggy figure could have saved the slave girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peggy say that Mistress Modesty's knack is?
2. Why did Alvin dig out a well that he knew wouldn't do any good?
3. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
4. Why does Horace need his secret kept, and why is it in the best interests of Alvin not to tell his secret?
5. Why was the man that Peggy had been dancing with confused when Peggy stopped dancing?
6. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
7. How did Hank feel about Alvin?
8. Why do most people feel guilty when they hear the story of the Tippy Canoe Massacre?
9. Why does Cavil perceive his visitor as an overseer?
10. Who was it that stopped Alvin from being overcome by the Unmaker?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)