|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) Four hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Six hundred dollars.
2. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(b) Glad memory.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
(a) The Holy Virgin Mother of God.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The Holy Virgin Mary.
(d) Neither of these.
4. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
(a) Like his shadow.
(b) Like a ghost.
(c) A spy.
(d) A reporter.
5. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
(b) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
(c) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
2. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
3. In what way was Peggy and Mistress Modesty both not a part of the masquerade?
4. What was the wrong thing for Hank to say?
5. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Unmaker's tool in the land?
2. Why do most people feel guilty when they hear the story of the Tippy Canoe Massacre?
3. What did Hank understand in regards to Alvin that he wouldn't have otherwise?
4. Why was the man that Peggy had been dancing with confused when Peggy stopped dancing?
5. Who was it that stopped Alvin from being overcome by the Unmaker?
6. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
7. How did Hank feel about Alvin?
8. Why wasn't Alvin able to beat back the Unmaker initially when it had started to snow?
9. How did Peggy see the world around the Hio?
10. What sacrifice did the Black slave girl make? Why did she make this choice?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)