|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Glad memory.
(d) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
2. What kind of wood was good for finding water?
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
4. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
(a) Like a ghost.
(b) Like his shadow.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A spy.
5. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
(a) Arthur Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way was Peggy and Mistress Modesty both not a part of the masquerade?
2. Who did Peggy figure could have saved the slave girl?
3. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
4. In reality, what was this visitor?
5. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Peggy see the world around the Hio?
2. What was the Unmaker's tool in the land?
3. Why couldn't Alvin simply fill the well that he had dug and make Hank Dowsers' well good?
4. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
5. Why do most people feel guilty when they hear the story of the Tippy Canoe Massacre?
6. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
7. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
8. Why did Alvin dig out a well that he knew wouldn't do any good?
9. How did he treat his slaves following the appearance of his visitor?
10. Why does Cavil perceive his visitor as an overseer?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)