|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
(a) Like his shadow.
(b) Like a ghost.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A spy.
2. What is Horace's secret sin?
(a) He cheated on his wife with a woman in Dekane.
(b) He hated his daughter.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) He hated his wife.
3. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(d) Glad memory.
4. What had Peggy decided to do?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Leave before Alvin came.
(c) Leave before sunup.
(d) Neither of these.
5. How did Peggy feel she spoke?
(a) Squawking like a crow.
(b) Screeching like an door that hadn't been oiled in a fortnight.
(c) Squawking like a chicken.
(d) Squawking like a seagull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
2. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
3. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
4. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
5. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cavil do that he felt was godly and righteous?
2. How did Hank feel about Alvin?
3. What was the Unmaker's tool in the land?
4. Why does Horace need his secret kept, and why is it in the best interests of Alvin not to tell his secret?
5. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
6. What sacrifice did the Black slave girl make? Why did she make this choice?
7. Why did Alvin dig out a well that he knew wouldn't do any good?
8. What did Hank understand in regards to Alvin that he wouldn't have otherwise?
9. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
10. What was the difference between Hank and other dowsers?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)