|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
(a) Green leaves.
(b) Warm air.
(d) Hot wind out of the southwest.
2. Why can't Peggy send the Unmaker away?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) He called it himself.
(c) Both of these.
(d) He thought himself a match for the Unmaker.
3. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(c) Glad memory.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What name hadn't the visitor been called?
(a) Walking Man.
(b) Holy One.
(c) Angel of Light.
(d) Bright Visitor.
5. What was the name of the horse that Makepeace was shoeing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a mistake among women?
2. What kind of talent was mostly found among seventh sons?
3. What does Makepeace say in regards to Alvin?
4. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
5. What is Horace's secret sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had White folk found a way to calculate?
2. Why does Cavil perceive his visitor as an overseer?
3. What was the Unmaker's tool in the land?
4. Why did Alvin end up feeling like he was "half hisself"?
5. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
6. What did Cavil do that he felt was godly and righteous?
7. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
8. What things kept Alvin from running like a Red man?
9. Why was the man that Peggy had been dancing with confused when Peggy stopped dancing?
10. Why does Peggy not admire her father for helping Black slaves get north and free?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)