|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment did Makepeace have for the water from the well Alvin dug?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) It was the sweetest water he had ever drank.
(d) It was the clearest water out of a day old well he'd ever seen.
2. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
(a) To be kind and polite.
(b) To be truly happy.
(c) To smile with sheer joy.
(d) Not to use her knack if she didn't need to.
3. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
(b) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
(c) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
(d) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
4. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Glad memory.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
5. Why does Peggy ask Mistress Modesty to stay with her?
(a) Both of these.
(b) For company.
(c) For comfort should she fail.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dolores' hands look like?
2. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
3. In reality, what was this visitor?
4. What did Cavil start to think?
5. What was the wrong thing for Hank to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
2. What was the difference between Hank and other dowsers?
3. What did Hank understand in regards to Alvin that he wouldn't have otherwise?
4. What sacrifice did the Black slave girl make? Why did she make this choice?
5. How did Hank feel about Alvin?
6. What did Peggy notice about Mistress Modesty's heart when she was looking at Peggy?
7. Why does Horace need his secret kept, and why is it in the best interests of Alvin not to tell his secret?
8. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
9. What did Cavil do that he felt was godly and righteous?
10. Who was it that stopped Alvin from being overcome by the Unmaker?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)