|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
(a) How she could benefit from Peggy's pain.
(b) None of these.
(c) How to heal her.
(d) How to help her.
2. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
(a) Like a ghost.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A spy.
(d) Like his shadow.
3. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
(a) He wasn't used to being treated like an equal.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) He wasn't used to his opinion mattering.
4. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
(a) Mock Berry.
(b) Rob Berry.
(c) Jock Berry.
(d) Jack Berry.
5. What did Peggy wish to be?
(a) None of these.
(b) A supplicant.
(c) Mistress Modesty.
(d) A beautiful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Unmaker do while Alvin was in the forest?
2. Who was sleeping upstairs?
3. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
4. What secret does Alvin wish for Horace to keep?
5. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things kept Alvin from running like a Red man?
2. What did Hank understand in regards to Alvin that he wouldn't have otherwise?
3. What sacrifice did the Black slave girl make? Why did she make this choice?
4. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
5. What was the Unmaker's tool in the land?
6. Why couldn't Alvin simply fill the well that he had dug and make Hank Dowsers' well good?
7. For what reasons did Cavil find himself cursed?
8. How did Hank feel about Alvin?
9. Why did Alvin end up feeling like he was "half hisself"?
10. What had White folk found a way to calculate?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)