|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvin hear?
(a) Toads croaking.
(b) A bird's wings through the air.
(c) Crickets chirping.
(d) A bird's song.
2. What did Alvin think about when he had woken?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) How he had called Redbird to him.
(d) How he had caused it to become summer.
3. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) Six hundred dollars.
4. What was held out to Peggy?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) A silver plate.
(c) None of these.
(d) A phone.
5. What is Horace's secret sin?
(a) He cheated on his wife with a woman in Dekane.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He hated his daughter.
(d) He hated his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
2. What is it that a torch does?
3. Who else does the girl hate like she hates the White boss?
4. What was the name of the horse that Makepeace was shoeing?
5. What secret does Alvin wish for Horace to keep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did he treat his slaves following the appearance of his visitor?
2. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
3. What did Alvin begin to notice, working at the smithy?
4. Why wasn't Alvin able to beat back the Unmaker initially when it had started to snow?
5. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
6. What decision changed little Peggy's life, and in what way did it change?
7. What did Cavil do that he felt was godly and righteous?
8. Why is it that Miss Larner can't teach Alvin to be a Maker directly?
9. How did Peggy see the world around the Hio?
10. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)