Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) All of these.
(b) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(c) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
(d) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
2. What did Alvin think about when he had woken?
(a) How he had called Redbird to him.
(b) How he had caused it to become summer.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
(a) Both of these.
(b) He wasn't used to his opinion mattering.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) He wasn't used to being treated like an equal.
4. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
5. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
(a) Her blue black thighs sliding against each other.
(b) All of these.
(c) The trickle of water down her chest.
(d) The trickle of water down her spine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
2. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
3. What was customary for masters to do?
4. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
5. What was Alvin gratified to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Old Peg shoot the Finder dead?
2. How did Alvin realize that Miss Larner was right?
3. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
4. What did Alvin and Measure teach each other?
5. Why was Old Peg Guester so upset that Arthur Stuart couldn't be taught at the schoolhouse?
6. Why was Alvin so offended at the idea that Miss Larner had paid him to look after her?
7. What decision changed little Peggy's life, and in what way did it change?
8. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
9. What did Pauley say that was so offensive?
10. What plan did Alvin come up with to make sure that the Finders would never find Arthur Stuart again?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)