|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Peggy feel at times?
(a) That her life would always be that of servitude and misery.
(b) That she was the lone lookout boy at the top of a ships mast.
(c) That if it weren't for her being a torch, no one would care for her at all.
(d) That she would never be happy leading her life.
2. How did Hank feel with Alvin so close?
(a) All of these.
3. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
(a) The trickle of water down her chest.
(b) All of these.
(c) The trickle of water down her spine.
(d) Her blue black thighs sliding against each other.
4. What did the Unmaker do while Alvin was in the forest?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Caused it to sleet hail on a summer morning.
(c) Caused it to snow on a summer morning.
(d) Both of these.
5. Who was the runaway slave girl's father?
(a) A king.
(b) A prince.
(c) A warlord.
(d) A chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sleeping upstairs?
2. What is Horace Guester's knack?
3. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
4. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
5. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had White folk found a way to calculate?
2. Why does Peggy not admire her father for helping Black slaves get north and free?
3. Why wasn't Alvin able to beat back the Unmaker initially when it had started to snow?
4. What was the Unmaker's tool in the land?
5. Why does Horace need his secret kept, and why is it in the best interests of Alvin not to tell his secret?
6. How did Peggy see the world around the Hio?
7. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
8. How did he treat his slaves following the appearance of his visitor?
9. What things kept Alvin from running like a Red man?
10. What was the difference between Hank and other dowsers?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)