|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
(a) Convinced her.
(b) All of these.
(c) Threatened her.
(d) Beat her.
2. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Women were too weak.
(b) Women were too compassionate.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What did Alvin invite when he dug in anger?
(a) The Destroyer.
(b) The Unmaker.
(d) All of these.
4. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
(b) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
(c) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
(d) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
5. Why does Peggy ask Mistress Modesty to stay with her?
(a) None of these.
(b) For comfort should she fail.
(c) For company.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was customary for masters to do?
2. In reality, what was this visitor?
3. What was a mistake among women?
4. What document did Appalachee sign?
5. What "lie" did Alvin tell his new master, Makepeace Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peggy not admire her father for helping Black slaves get north and free?
2. What had White folk found a way to calculate?
3. What decision changed little Peggy's life, and in what way did it change?
4. Why was the man that Peggy had been dancing with confused when Peggy stopped dancing?
5. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
6. How did Hank feel about Alvin?
7. Who was it that stopped Alvin from being overcome by the Unmaker?
8. What did Peggy notice about Mistress Modesty's heart when she was looking at Peggy?
9. What did Cavil do that he felt was godly and righteous?
10. What sacrifice did the Black slave girl make? Why did she make this choice?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)