|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of talent was mostly found among seventh sons?
(d) All of these.
2. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
(b) They hurt his feet.
(c) They were too big for him.
(d) He didn't like how they looked.
3. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her blue black thighs sliding against each other.
(c) The trickle of water down her spine.
(d) The trickle of water down her chest.
4. What did Alvin think about when he had woken?
(a) Both of these.
(b) How he had caused it to become summer.
(c) How he had called Redbird to him.
(d) Neither of these.
5. Why does Peggy ask Mistress Modesty to stay with her?
(a) For company.
(b) Both of these.
(c) None of these.
(d) For comfort should she fail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
2. What was the wrong thing for Hank to say?
3. What document did Appalachee sign?
4. How did Hank feel with Alvin so close?
5. How did Peggy feel at times?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference between Hank and other dowsers?
2. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
3. Why does Cavil perceive his visitor as an overseer?
4. Why did Alvin dig out a well that he knew wouldn't do any good?
5. What action shocked the traveling priest?
6. Why was the Berry's saying that this half white child was theirs was the best bet to ensure the child's survival?
7. What decision changed little Peggy's life, and in what way did it change?
8. Why do most people feel guilty when they hear the story of the Tippy Canoe Massacre?
9. What sacrifice did the Black slave girl make? Why did she make this choice?
10. What had White folk found a way to calculate?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)