|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvin think of Makepeace?
(a) He was a profiteering old coot.
(b) He was a horrible master.
(c) He was too hard on Alvin.
(d) He was a good man.
2. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
3. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
4. What document did Appalachee sign?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The Equal Rights Bill.
(c) The Fugitive Slave Treaty.
(d) The Right to Freedom Treaty.
5. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
(a) The song of Triumph.
(b) The song of the Redbird.
(c) The song of Rebirth.
(d) The song of Making.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
2. In what way was Peggy and Mistress Modesty both not a part of the masquerade?
3. What act opened Alvin wide for the Unmaker to enter him?
4. Who was the runaway slave girl's father?
5. What did Alvin think about when he had woken?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons did Cavil find himself cursed?
2. Why wasn't Alvin able to beat back the Unmaker initially when it had started to snow?
3. Why does Peggy not admire her father for helping Black slaves get north and free?
4. Why couldn't Alvin simply fill the well that he had dug and make Hank Dowsers' well good?
5. What decision changed little Peggy's life, and in what way did it change?
6. Why did Hank Dowser seek to calm Makepeace Smith after he had riled him up?
7. Why was the Berry's saying that this half white child was theirs was the best bet to ensure the child's survival?
8. Why did Alvin end up feeling like he was "half hisself"?
9. Why wasn't Peggy as dressed up as some of the other girls at the ball?
10. Who was it that stopped Alvin from being overcome by the Unmaker?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)