|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
(a) The Maker invests emotionally into what he makes.
(b) The Maker is one with what he makes.
(c) The Maker is the one who is part of what he makes.
(d) The Maker must be a part of what he makes.
2. In reality, what was this visitor?
(a) An angel of God.
(b) An overseer.
(c) A spawn of Satan.
(d) The Overseer.
3. What did Alvin think of Makepeace?
(a) He was a horrible master.
(b) He was a profiteering old coot.
(c) He was too hard on Alvin.
(d) He was a good man.
4. What is Horace Guester's knack?
(a) Making people his friends.
(b) Making people love him.
(c) Making folks feel loved.
(d) All of these.
5. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
(a) If she could win the love of these strangers, she might win Alvin's love.
(b) If she could dance gracefully and beautifully on her feet, she might win Alvin's love.
(c) If she could be perfect and assist Alvin in every way, she might win Alvin's love.
(d) If she was truly beautiful, both inside and out, she might win Alvin's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Makepeace say in regards to Alvin?
2. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
3. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
4. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
5. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cavil perceive his visitor as an overseer?
2. What monster was little Peggy running from, and how did Alvin know?
3. How did he treat his slaves following the appearance of his visitor?
4. Why wasn't Alvin able to beat back the Unmaker initially when it had started to snow?
5. What kinds of things told Cavil clearly what profession his visitor occupied?
6. Why does Horace need his secret kept, and why is it in the best interests of Alvin not to tell his secret?
7. Why does Peggy not admire her father for helping Black slaves get north and free?
8. For what reasons did Cavil find himself cursed?
9. What did Peggy notice about Mistress Modesty's heart when she was looking at Peggy?
10. Why do most people feel guilty when they hear the story of the Tippy Canoe Massacre?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)