|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
(a) He didn't want to squish Arthur Stuart.
(b) He didn't want the tongues wagging in town.
(c) He didn't want to sit next to a half black boy.
(d) He didn't think it was proper for Arthur Stuart to be near him.
2. Who steps up against Alvin?
(a) Mike Rink.
(b) Mike Fink.
(c) Mike Tink.
(d) Mink Strink.
3. When had Arthur last seen the boat?
(a) When he was a baby.
(b) When he was three.
(c) When he was ten.
(d) When he was six.
4. Who does Arthur say picked him up and flew with him?
(a) His aunt.
(b) A big old blackbird.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His momma.
5. What did Cavil think to do to win the Overseers' approval?
(a) Kill Thrower.
(b) Kill Alvin.
(c) Kill his wife.
(d) Kill his slaves.
6. What does Miss Larner charge to tutor Alvin?
(a) A dollar a week.
(b) Ten cents a week.
(c) Sixty cents a week.
(d) Fifty cents a week.
7. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
(b) Arthur Stewart.
(c) Old Peg.
8. Why did Miss Larner wish to bring poetry to Hatrack River?
(a) They could benefit from poetry more than from her torchy sight.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) They could all do with a bit more education.
(d) Both of these.
9. What new things did Alvin notice in Measure?
(a) The way that Measure looked after his land and everything on it.
(b) How tender Measure was with his children, even after a spanking or scolding.
(c) All of these.
(d) How tender Measure was with Delphi, and how happy they were.
10. What was Alvin's first Making?
(a) All of these.
(b) The golden living plow.
(c) A thread connecting him and Arthur.
(d) A sleeping spell.
11. What did the people standing by the stove offer Alvin?
(a) A nip from the flask they had.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A sip of cocoa.
(d) A cup of tea.
12. What did Hank think Makepeace was doing?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these
(c) Mocking his abilities as a dowser.
(d) Laughing at him, thinking he wasn't smart enough to notice the switch.
13. Which Finder did Old Peg kill?
(a) Both of the Finders.
(b) Neither of the Finders.
(c) The black haired Finder.
(d) The white haired Finder.
14. Why was the delivery book another slight?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Makepeace didn't want Alvin handling transactions.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Makepeace didn't trust Alvin with money.
15. What was true Making?
(a) Convincing things that they wanted to be another way.
(b) Creating something from nothing.
(c) All of these.
(d) Creating something with its' own life fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Miss Larner teaching Alvin about?
2. What call did Alvin make so that Arthur knew it was Alvin?
3. What was the only thing keeping Arthur from going to school?
4. What did Dolores and Cavil fear?
5. What had happened to Salamandy?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)