|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the alternative to the manacles?
(a) Wire attachments around the throat and hands.
(b) Chains that bound his feet to a heavy weight.
(c) A heavy iron and wood collar.
(d) Inverted spikes on a collar.
2. Who was now more important than Peggy in Alvin's future?
(a) None of these.
(b) Arthur Stuart.
(c) Arthur Stuart's child.
3. Why was Peggy upset?
(a) All of these.
(b) She didn't get to see Alvin's Making as it happened.
(c) She couldn't save Alvin from the pain he had endured.
(d) She couldn't help Alvin, going through the worst pain of his life.
4. How many years did Makepeace steal from Alvin?
5. How many points did Alvin's hexes have?
6. How much change did Vanderwoort give Mock Berry?
(a) Five cents.
(b) Six cents.
(c) Thirteen cents.
(d) Twelve cents.
7. What was worse pain than what Dolores was suffering?
(a) Knowing that Cavil was a monster.
(b) All of these.
(c) Knowing that Cavil sold his sons.
(d) Knowing that Cavil raped women.
8. What call did Alvin make so that Arthur knew it was Alvin?
(a) A bluebird.
(b) A swallow.
(c) A redbird.
(d) A whistle.
9. What did Gertie Smith give Alvin to munch on?
(b) A muffin.
(d) A bagel.
10. What did Miss Larner want in payment for teaching Arthur Stuart?
(a) A dollar a week.
(b) The allowance to host poetry readings in the roadhouse on Sunday evenings.
(c) None of these.
(d) A dollar a month.
11. How many bottles of bourbon did Cavil drink?
12. What word is a sure sign of ignorance and stupidity, according to the teacher?
(c) Cuss words.
(d) All of these.
13. What does Alvin want to do with his journeyman piece?
(a) Make a living golden plow.
(b) Make a plow.
(c) All of these.
(d) Make a golden plow.
14. What errand was Alvin on for Makepeace?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Dropping off ordered ironwork.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Getting some raw materials.
15. What is "behind the barn' talk?
(a) Talk regarding the 'women' down at Hatrack Mouth.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Talk regarding a womans' lady parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvin admit to Miss Larner?
2. What had Dr. Physicker done that embarrassed Alvin?
3. What was Miss Larner teaching Alvin about?
4. What did Arthur do to the palm that had killed the other Finder?
5. What does Alvin want from the new schoolteacher?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)