|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Finder did Old Peg kill?
(a) The black haired Finder.
(b) Both of the Finders.
(c) Neither of the Finders.
(d) The white haired Finder.
2. What decision did Peggy come to in Goodwife?
(a) None of these.
(b) That she was done with her schooling in Dekane.
(c) That she needed to go back to Alvin.
(d) That she was ready to be Alvin's wife.
3. Why did Alvin have to change all the signatures at once?
(a) It hurt Arthur to do it any other way.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Arthur Stuarts' signatures attacked what Alvin was attempting to change.
4. What doesn't Old Peg want Alvin to pick up from town?
(a) Two cones of sugar.
(b) A dozen sheets of paper.
(c) A half pound of salt.
(d) A pound of pepper.
5. Who did Alvin end up telling about the plow?
(c) Wastenot and Wantnot.
6. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
(a) Arthur Stewart.
(d) Old Peg.
7. How did Alvin's story start?
(a) The forging of the golden plow.
(b) He told Measure about Miss Larner.
(c) He started with the story of Redbird.
(d) He started from the beginning.
8. What excuse does Old Peg offer for the reason that her son isn't allowed in the school?
(a) Her son is black.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her son is a bit rambunctious.
(d) Her son is colored.
9. What did Arthur do to the palm that had killed the other Finder?
(a) Hugged it.
(b) Kissed it.
(c) None of these.
(d) Patted it.
10. Who does Arthur say picked him up and flew with him?
(a) A big old blackbird.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His momma.
11. What kind of birds' nests were in the Hatrack bridge eaves?
12. Who got out of Dr. Physicker's carriage first?
(a) Po Doggly.
(b) Dr. Physicker.
(c) Pauley Wiseman, the Sheriff.
(d) None of these.
13. What did Alvin say to Arthur as he locked the manacles?
(a) I won't forget you.
(b) Don't be afraid.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
14. What does Peggy aspire to be?
(d) Goody Smith.
15. Why didn't Peggy look into the heartfires of the townsfolk?
(a) All of these.
(b) She is no longer responsible for their futures.
(c) She had meddled enough in the hearts of those around her.
(d) She no longer noticed the heartfires of the people around her and never looked deep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cavil consider righteousness?
2. What did Miss Larner want in payment for teaching Arthur Stuart?
3. What was the alternative to the manacles?
4. Who showed up with the Finders?
5. What words did Horace use in regards to Alvin that rankled?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)