|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Cavil cry out that made his visitor recoil?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) God Almighty.
(c) Lord Jesus.
(d) Merciful God.
2. What was the difference between Cavil and Abraham?
(a) Abraham was a devoted servant of God.
(b) Abraham was more righteous.
(c) Abraham was a disciple of God.
(d) Abraham heard the voice of God.
3. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
(a) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness at the sacrifice of Arthur Stuarts life.
(b) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness only if he is woken.
(c) All paths lead to darkness, and none emerge.
(d) None of these.
4. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him a sweetheart.
(b) Calling him a dear friend.
(c) Calling him a friend.
(d) Calling him her sweetheart.
5. Who did Peggy hitch a ride with?
(a) None of these.
(b) Makepeace Smith.
(c) She didn't hitch a ride, she took the horse.
(d) Dr. Whitley Physicker.
6. What did Cavil start to think?
(a) That Cavil was a righteous man and deserved pleasure.
(b) Why he has such thoughts even while he prays.
(c) That maybe the newbought girl would like him.
(d) The Lord had placed these desires in him.
7. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
(b) Hot wind out of the southwest.
(c) Warm air.
(d) Green leaves.
8. Who was the runaway slave girl's father?
(a) A prince.
(b) A chief.
(c) A king.
(d) A warlord.
9. What shouldn't Hank bring up at the Guester's roadhouse?
(a) The fact that Hatrack hasn't got a torch.
(b) The fact that Alvin is a natural farrier.
(c) The fact that their daughter left.
(d) All of these.
10. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) They hurt his feet.
(b) They were too big for him.
(c) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
(d) He didn't like how they looked.
11. How many years had past since Alvin had been an apprentice of Makepeace?
12. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
(a) The song of the Redbird.
(b) The song of Rebirth.
(c) The song of Triumph.
(d) The song of Making.
13. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
(a) He wasn't used to his opinion mattering.
(b) Both of these.
(c) He wasn't used to being treated like an equal.
(d) Neither of these.
14. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
(a) The Maker is one with what he makes.
(b) The Maker is the one who is part of what he makes.
(c) The Maker must be a part of what he makes.
(d) The Maker invests emotionally into what he makes.
15. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
(a) Peggy had been a mean spirited child.
(b) Peggy had never been grateful enough to her mother.
(c) Peggy had never needed her mother.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
2. How did Peggy feel at times?
3. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
4. How did Peggy feel she spoke?
5. What did Dolores' hands look like?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)