|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Women were too compassionate.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Women were too weak.
2. What was a mistake among women?
(a) To harbor jealousy.
(b) To hate one another.
(c) To attempt to steal another ones mate.
(d) To compete with one another.
3. What did Alvin invite when he dug in anger?
(a) The Destroyer.
(b) The Unmaker.
(d) All of these.
4. What document did Appalachee sign?
(a) The Fugitive Slave Treaty.
(b) The Equal Rights Bill.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The Right to Freedom Treaty.
5. What did Dolores' hands look like?
(a) Ashen sticks.
(b) Dead crabs.
(c) Dead spiders.
6. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
7. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
(a) Like his shadow.
(b) A reporter.
(c) Like a ghost.
(d) A spy.
8. Who was sleeping upstairs?
(a) A traveling storyteller.
(b) A traveling doctor.
(c) A traveling monk.
(d) A traveling preacher.
9. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) They hurt his feet.
(b) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
(c) They were too big for him.
(d) He didn't like how they looked.
10. What did Delores see in her husbands face?
(b) All of these.
(d) Something darker in his face.
11. What is Horace's secret sin?
(a) He hated his wife.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He hated his daughter.
(d) He cheated on his wife with a woman in Dekane.
12. How did Hank feel with Alvin so close?
(b) All of these.
13. Who did Peggy hitch a ride with?
(a) Makepeace Smith.
(b) None of these.
(c) Dr. Whitley Physicker.
(d) She didn't hitch a ride, she took the horse.
14. Why did Alvin lay down?
(a) To wait for the water to clear.
(b) To make Makepeace feel guilty that he had left Alvin out with no water or food.
(c) All of these.
(d) To wait for the sun to come out.
15. What did Alvin hear?
(a) A bird's song.
(b) Crickets chirping.
(c) A bird's wings through the air.
(d) Toads croaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was this thing for?
2. What does Makepeace say in regards to Alvin?
3. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
4. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
5. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)