|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Women were too weak.
(b) Women were too compassionate.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
2. What is Horace's secret sin?
(a) He hated his daughter.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He hated his wife.
(d) He cheated on his wife with a woman in Dekane.
3. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
(a) Peggy had never been grateful enough to her mother.
(b) Peggy had never needed her mother.
(c) All of these.
(d) Peggy had been a mean spirited child.
4. What does Makepeace say in regards to Alvin?
(a) He's a smart boy.
(b) He's a good kid.
(c) He's a natural farrier.
(d) All of these.
5. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) They hurt his feet.
(b) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
(c) He didn't like how they looked.
(d) They were too big for him.
6. What was it that Hank realized with Alvin close?
(a) It was the water that hated him.
(b) All of these.
(c) It was horrible to hate him.
(d) It was natural to hate him.
7. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
(a) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness only if he is woken.
(b) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness at the sacrifice of Arthur Stuarts life.
(c) None of these.
(d) All paths lead to darkness, and none emerge.
8. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
(a) He wasn't used to being treated like an equal.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He wasn't used to his opinion mattering.
(d) Both of these.
9. Where was Peggy headed?
10. What was the wrong thing for Hank to say?
(a) "I'd cuff that boy two ways from Sunday."
(b) "Who's the master here, anyway?"
(c) "I don't want that boy touching my horse."
(d) "What kind of master are you, letting him speak like that to you?"
11. Who else does the girl hate like she hates the White boss?
(a) Fat Faux.
(b) Flat Fox.
(c) Sat Fox.
(d) Fat Fox.
12. What was a mistake among women?
(a) To compete with one another.
(b) To hate one another.
(c) To harbor jealousy.
(d) To attempt to steal another ones mate.
13. What did the Unmaker never do?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Send servants to go after Alvin.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Go after Alvin directly.
14. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
(a) Peggy doesn't want him to lie to her mama.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Peggy doesn't want her mama to fret.
(d) Neither of these.
15. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
(a) To his thighs.
(b) To his waist.
(c) To his neck.
(d) To his calves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
2. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
3. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
4. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
5. What "lie" did Alvin tell his new master, Makepeace Smith?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)