Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) All of these.
(b) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(c) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
(d) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
2. What did Alvin think about when he had woken?
(a) How he had called Redbird to him.
(b) How he had caused it to become summer.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
(a) Both of these.
(b) He wasn't used to his opinion mattering.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) He wasn't used to being treated like an equal.
4. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
5. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
(a) Her blue black thighs sliding against each other.
(b) All of these.
(c) The trickle of water down her chest.
(d) The trickle of water down her spine.
6. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
(a) The song of Rebirth.
(b) The song of Making.
(c) The song of Triumph.
(d) The song of the Redbird.
7. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Women were too compassionate.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Women were too weak.
8. What was customary for masters to do?
(a) Let their apprentices earn money on their work.
(b) Let their apprentices gain knowledge and apply it to the world.
(c) Let their apprentices go when they were good enough to work on their own.
(d) All of these.
9. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
(c) Arthur Stuart.
10. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
(b) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
(c) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
(d) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
11. What "lie" did Alvin tell his new master, Makepeace Smith?
(a) That Alvin had befriended the Prophet.
(b) That he ran from the town of Vigor Church.
(c) That Alvin befriended Ta-Kumsaw.
(d) That he befriended a bear that gave him a ride from Vigor Church.
12. In reality, what was this visitor?
(a) A spawn of Satan.
(b) The Overseer.
(c) An overseer.
(d) An angel of God.
13. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him a friend.
(b) Calling him a dear friend.
(c) Calling him her sweetheart.
(d) Calling him a sweetheart.
14. What was the name of the horse that Makepeace was shoeing?
15. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
2. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
3. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
4. What did Delores see in her husbands face?
5. What was this thing for?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)