|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would his career as a blacksmith teach Alvin?
(a) How to be a man.
(b) How to be honest.
(c) How to be proud.
(d) How to be a Maker.
2. What did Alvin hear?
(a) A bird's wings through the air.
(b) Crickets chirping.
(c) A bird's song.
(d) Toads croaking.
3. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
(a) To his thighs.
(b) To his waist.
(c) To his neck.
(d) To his calves.
4. What displayed the visitor's profession?
(a) The stern look in his face.
(b) The tension in his muscles.
(c) The coldness in his eyes.
(d) All of these.
5. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Four hundred dollars.
(c) Six hundred dollars.
(d) Seven hundred dollars.
6. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
(b) They hurt his feet.
(c) They were too big for him.
(d) He didn't like how they looked.
7. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
(a) That he would never be hungry learning to be a smith.
(b) He'd been sent to prentice to the devil.
(c) That the smith was likely to hurt him.
(d) That the smith was an evil looking man.
8. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
(a) The Maker is one with what he makes.
(b) The Maker is the one who is part of what he makes.
(c) The Maker invests emotionally into what he makes.
(d) The Maker must be a part of what he makes.
9. In what way was Peggy and Mistress Modesty both not a part of the masquerade?
(a) All of these.
(b) Neither had shown up in costume.
(c) Neither were pretending to be something they weren't.
(d) Neither depended on anyone else's opinion of them.
10. What did Dolores' hands look like?
(a) Dead spiders.
(b) Dead crabs.
(d) Ashen sticks.
11. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
(a) Like a ghost.
(b) Like his shadow.
(c) A spy.
(d) A reporter.
12. What did Dolores ask for Cavil to do?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Sleep in another room.
(c) Heal her.
(d) Kill her.
13. What was held out to Peggy?
(a) A silver plate.
(b) A phone.
(c) A pen and paper.
(d) None of these.
14. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Glad memory.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
15. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
(a) Rob Berry.
(b) Mock Berry.
(c) Jock Berry.
(d) Jack Berry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
2. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
3. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
4. What did Alvin invite when he dug in anger?
5. What is Horace's secret sin?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)