|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do men measure, according to Mistress Modesty?
(a) They take pleasure in the naturalness of a woman that's comfortable.
(b) They take pleasure in a woman that takes pleasure in their company.
(c) They take pleasure in a woman that is sure of herself.
(d) All of these.
2. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
(a) The song of Making.
(b) The song of Triumph.
(c) The song of Rebirth.
(d) The song of the Redbird.
3. What is Horace's secret sin?
(a) He hated his daughter.
(b) He hated his wife.
(c) He cheated on his wife with a woman in Dekane.
(d) He wanted to die.
4. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
(a) Hot wind out of the southwest.
(b) Green leaves.
(d) Warm air.
5. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
(a) None of these.
(b) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness only if he is woken.
(c) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness at the sacrifice of Arthur Stuarts life.
(d) All paths lead to darkness, and none emerge.
6. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
(a) The Holy Virgin Mother of God.
(b) The Holy Virgin Mary.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
7. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Women were too weak.
(d) Women were too compassionate.
8. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
(a) How she could benefit from Peggy's pain.
(b) How to heal her.
(c) None of these.
(d) How to help her.
9. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
(a) To be truly happy.
(b) To smile with sheer joy.
(c) To be kind and polite.
(d) Not to use her knack if she didn't need to.
10. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
11. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her pupil.
(c) Her disciple.
(d) Her daughter.
12. What name did Cavil cry out that made his visitor recoil?
(a) Lord Jesus.
(b) God Almighty.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) Merciful God.
13. What name hadn't the visitor been called?
(a) Walking Man.
(b) Angel of Light.
(c) Holy One.
(d) Bright Visitor.
14. What did Alvin hear?
(a) Toads croaking.
(b) A bird's wings through the air.
(c) A bird's song.
(d) Crickets chirping.
15. What was held out to Peggy?
(a) A silver plate.
(b) A phone.
(c) None of these.
(d) A pen and paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
2. How did Hank feel with Alvin so close?
3. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
4. What displayed the visitor's profession?
5. What shouldn't Hank bring up at the Guester's roadhouse?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)