|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Plow, Chapter 20, Cavil's Deed, & Chapter 21, Alvin Journeyman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Peggy hitch a ride with?
(a) Makepeace Smith.
(b) She didn't hitch a ride, she took the horse.
(c) Dr. Whitley Physicker.
(d) None of these.
2. Why did Miss Larner wish to bring poetry to Hatrack River?
(a) They could all do with a bit more education.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) They could benefit from poetry more than from her torchy sight.
3. What did Alvin admit to Miss Larner?
(a) That he loved her.
(b) All of these.
(c) That he wanted her.
(d) That he was infatuated with her.
4. Why didn't the river rats hang onto the cart for longer?
(a) They no longer had interest in the lady that Alvin was protecting.
(b) The cart had become greased and their hands could find no purchase.
(c) They worried if they upset Alvin, they would have Makepeace on them too.
(d) They were afraid of what Alvin would do to them.
5. What is "behind the barn' talk?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Talk regarding the 'women' down at Hatrack Mouth.
(d) Talk regarding a womans' lady parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Peggy go and advance her schooling?
2. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
3. What was the wrong thing for Hank to say?
4. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
5. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)