|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Plow, Chapter 20, Cavil's Deed, & Chapter 21, Alvin Journeyman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shouldn't Hank bring up at the Guester's roadhouse?
(a) The fact that Alvin is a natural farrier.
(b) All of these.
(c) The fact that their daughter left.
(d) The fact that Hatrack hasn't got a torch.
2. What did Alvin think of Makepeace?
(a) He was a horrible master.
(b) He was too hard on Alvin.
(c) He was a good man.
(d) He was a profiteering old coot.
3. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) That someone was mad at the fresh body beneath the earth.
(d) That the torch girl was buried there.
4. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him a sweetheart.
(b) Calling him her sweetheart.
(c) Calling him a dear friend.
(d) Calling him a friend.
5. Why does Peggy want to go to Philadelphia?
(a) A higher class of people are there.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The best universities are there.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
2. In reality, what was this visitor?
3. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
4. What was Pauley Wiseman's main objection to Miss Larner living on her own?
5. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)