|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Plow, Chapter 20, Cavil's Deed, & Chapter 21, Alvin Journeyman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way was Peggy and Mistress Modesty both not a part of the masquerade?
(a) Neither had shown up in costume.
(b) Neither were pretending to be something they weren't.
(c) Neither depended on anyone else's opinion of them.
(d) All of these.
2. What does Peggy aspire to be?
(c) Goody Smith.
3. How many letters of credit did Cavil give Reverend Philadelphia Thrower?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Seven hundred dollars.
4. What secret does Alvin wish for Horace to keep?
(a) All of these.
(b) That Alvin was going to stay in Hatrack.
(c) That it was his brother that died in the river.
(d) That he is the seventh son of a seventh son.
5. Who does Alvin encounter on the road to town?
(a) Mock Berry.
(b) Anga Berry.
(c) Miss Larner.
(d) Makepeace Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miss Larner want in payment for teaching Arthur Stuart?
2. Who was now more important than Peggy in Alvin's future?
3. Why did Miss Larner cry a bit in regret?
4. What is Horace's secret sin?
5. What was Pauley Wiseman's main objection to Miss Larner living on her own?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)