|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Plow, Chapter 20, Cavil's Deed, & Chapter 21, Alvin Journeyman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is a sure sign of ignorance and stupidity, according to the teacher?
(b) All of these.
(d) Cuss words.
2. How many letters of credit did Cavil give Reverend Philadelphia Thrower?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Seven hundred dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
3. In what way was Peggy and Mistress Modesty both not a part of the masquerade?
(a) Neither were pretending to be something they weren't.
(b) Neither depended on anyone else's opinion of them.
(c) Neither had shown up in costume.
(d) All of these.
4. Why must Peggy go and advance her schooling?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) For Alvin's work.
(d) For Alvin as a man.
5. What words did Horace use in regards to Alvin that rankled?
(a) Nice man.
(b) Good kid.
(c) Good boy.
(d) Good lad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Dr. Physicker done that embarrassed Alvin?
2. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
3. What secret does Alvin wish for Horace to keep?
4. What will Cavil call the stolen half black child?
5. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)