|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Plow, Chapter 20, Cavil's Deed, & Chapter 21, Alvin Journeyman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peggy wish to be?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A supplicant.
(c) Mistress Modesty.
(d) None of these.
2. Why did Mock Berry stay so poor?
(a) People would charge Mock more than they charge a white customer.
(b) People hated the Berry's.
(c) People disliked the black family.
(d) No one treated the Berry's fair.
3. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
(b) Old Peg.
(d) Arthur Stewart.
4. What was customary for masters to do?
(a) Let their apprentices earn money on their work.
(b) Let their apprentices go when they were good enough to work on their own.
(c) Let their apprentices gain knowledge and apply it to the world.
(d) All of these.
5. What name hadn't the visitor been called?
(a) Angel of Light.
(b) Walking Man.
(c) Holy One.
(d) Bright Visitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Miss Larner cry a bit in regret?
2. Where was Peggy headed?
3. How many years had past since Alvin had been an apprentice of Makepeace?
4. What did Cavil start to think?
5. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)