|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Plow, Chapter 20, Cavil's Deed, & Chapter 21, Alvin Journeyman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Makepeace attempt to give back to Hank?
(a) His dignity back.
(b) The esteem he had gained from the well.
(c) None of these.
(d) The wand he had dowsed with.
2. Why must Peggy go and advance her schooling?
(a) Both of these.
(b) For Alvin's work.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) For Alvin as a man.
3. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(b) Glad memory.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
4. Why was Peggy upset?
(a) She couldn't help Alvin, going through the worst pain of his life.
(b) She couldn't save Alvin from the pain he had endured.
(c) She didn't get to see Alvin's Making as it happened.
(d) All of these.
5. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
(a) He didn't want to sit next to a half black boy.
(b) He didn't want the tongues wagging in town.
(c) He didn't think it was proper for Arthur Stuart to be near him.
(d) He didn't want to squish Arthur Stuart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Unmaker never do?
2. What did Arthur do to the palm that had killed the other Finder?
3. What part of Alvin's mind does Miss Larner say is most neglected?
4. What comment did Makepeace have for the water from the well Alvin dug?
5. What was a mistake among women?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)