|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing keeping Arthur from going to school?
(a) His name.
(b) The fact that he was only half black.
(c) His color.
(d) The teacher refused to teach him.
2. What had Alvin accomplished by saying he did the work on the springhouse in his "free time"?
(a) That Makepeace had given him time to do his own work.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That he was doing the work for himself.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
(a) The song of Making.
(b) The song of Triumph.
(c) The song of the Redbird.
(d) The song of Rebirth.
4. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
(a) Hot wind out of the southwest.
(c) Green leaves.
(d) Warm air.
5. In reality, what was this visitor?
(a) An overseer.
(b) A spawn of Satan.
(c) An angel of God.
(d) The Overseer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pauley Wiseman's main objection to Miss Larner living on her own?
2. What did Dolores and Cavil fear?
3. Why can't Peggy send the Unmaker away?
4. What was customary for masters to do?
5. What didn't Alvin want to fill Arthur Stuart's head with?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)