|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
(a) That the torch girl was buried there.
(b) That someone was mad at the fresh body beneath the earth.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Glad memory.
(c) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(d) Both of these.
3. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
(b) They hurt his feet.
(c) They were too big for him.
(d) He didn't like how they looked.
4. Why didn't the river rats hang onto the cart for longer?
(a) They worried if they upset Alvin, they would have Makepeace on them too.
(b) The cart had become greased and their hands could find no purchase.
(c) They were afraid of what Alvin would do to them.
(d) They no longer had interest in the lady that Alvin was protecting.
5. What did Dolores' hands look like?
(a) Dead crabs.
(b) Dead spiders.
(c) Ashen sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do men measure, according to Mistress Modesty?
2. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
3. What had Peggy decided to do?
4. In reality, what was this visitor?
5. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)