|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the wrong thing for Hank to say?
(a) "I don't want that boy touching my horse."
(b) "I'd cuff that boy two ways from Sunday."
(c) "Who's the master here, anyway?"
(d) "What kind of master are you, letting him speak like that to you?"
2. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
(a) If she could win the love of these strangers, she might win Alvin's love.
(b) If she was truly beautiful, both inside and out, she might win Alvin's love.
(c) If she could be perfect and assist Alvin in every way, she might win Alvin's love.
(d) If she could dance gracefully and beautifully on her feet, she might win Alvin's love.
3. What excuse does Old Peg offer for the reason that her son isn't allowed in the school?
(a) Her son is colored.
(b) Her son is a bit rambunctious.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her son is black.
4. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him a friend.
(b) Calling him a sweetheart.
(c) Calling him her sweetheart.
(d) Calling him a dear friend.
5. What wasn't Alvin to have before he had dug the well?
(a) He was allowed whatever he wanted.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Not a sip of water to drink.
(d) Not a bite of food to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hank feel with Alvin so close?
2. What didn't Alvin want to fill Arthur Stuart's head with?
3. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
4. What part of Alvin's mind does Miss Larner say is most neglected?
5. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)