|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was customary for masters to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Let their apprentices go when they were good enough to work on their own.
(c) Let their apprentices earn money on their work.
(d) Let their apprentices gain knowledge and apply it to the world.
2. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
(a) None of these.
(b) That Peggy might have ran off with a boy.
(c) That Peggy ran off to seek her fortune elsewhere.
(d) That Peggy might have been jealous of the infant.
3. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
(a) Drinking himself silly with the river rats at Hatrack Mouth.
(b) Searching high and low for good prices on iron.
(c) Going to church.
(d) None of these.
4. What does Miss Larner charge to tutor Alvin?
(a) Fifty cents a week.
(b) Ten cents a week.
(c) Sixty cents a week.
(d) A dollar a week.
5. Who was the runaway slave girl's father?
(a) A prince.
(b) A king.
(c) A warlord.
(d) A chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sleeping upstairs?
2. Who else does the girl hate like she hates the White boss?
3. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
4. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
5. Why was Alvin having difficulties grasping the theory regarding atoms?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)