|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is a sure sign of ignorance and stupidity, according to the teacher?
(a) All of these.
(d) Cuss words.
2. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
(a) Peggy had never needed her mother.
(b) Peggy had been a mean spirited child.
(c) Peggy had never been grateful enough to her mother.
(d) All of these.
3. Who steps up against Alvin?
(a) Mike Rink.
(b) Mike Fink.
(c) Mink Strink.
(d) Mike Tink.
4. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) A poor, ill bred girl.
(b) A country girl.
(c) A child who had known pain.
(d) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
5. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
(a) Warm air.
(b) Green leaves.
(c) Hot wind out of the southwest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miss Larner want in payment for teaching Arthur Stuart?
2. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
3. What did the Unmaker never do?
4. What did Delores see in her husbands face?
5. What errand was Alvin on for Makepeace?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)