|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Peggy feel at times?
(a) That if it weren't for her being a torch, no one would care for her at all.
(b) That she would never be happy leading her life.
(c) That her life would always be that of servitude and misery.
(d) That she was the lone lookout boy at the top of a ships mast.
2. What did the Unmaker do while Alvin was in the forest?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Caused it to snow on a summer morning.
(d) Caused it to sleet hail on a summer morning.
3. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
(a) That Peggy might have ran off with a boy.
(b) None of these.
(c) That Peggy ran off to seek her fortune elsewhere.
(d) That Peggy might have been jealous of the infant.
4. What act opened Alvin wide for the Unmaker to enter him?
(a) Digging the second well.
(b) Laying down.
(c) All of these.
5. What had happened to Salamandy?
(a) She had slit her wrists.
(b) She had hung herself with a bedsheet.
(c) She had run away.
(d) She had killed her baby, and then herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What errand was Alvin on for Makepeace?
2. What was customary for masters to do?
3. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
4. What shouldn't Hank bring up at the Guester's roadhouse?
5. Why did Alvin lay down?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)