|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
(b) A poor, ill bred girl.
(c) A country girl.
(d) A child who had known pain.
2. What kind of wood was good for finding water?
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
(b) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
(c) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(d) All of these.
4. In reality, what was this visitor?
(a) The Overseer.
(b) An overseer.
(c) An angel of God.
(d) A spawn of Satan.
5. What was customary for masters to do?
(a) Let their apprentices go when they were good enough to work on their own.
(b) All of these.
(c) Let their apprentices gain knowledge and apply it to the world.
(d) Let their apprentices earn money on their work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Horace use in regards to Alvin that rankled?
2. What was the first word Arthur spelled out?
3. What errand was Alvin on for Makepeace?
4. Why can't Peggy send the Unmaker away?
5. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)