|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the men didn't want Arthur in the school?
2. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Women were too weak.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Women were too compassionate.
3. What did Miss Larner want in payment for teaching Arthur Stuart?
(a) The allowance to host poetry readings in the roadhouse on Sunday evenings.
(b) A dollar a month.
(c) A dollar a week.
(d) None of these.
4. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
(a) None of these.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Searching high and low for good prices on iron.
(d) Drinking himself silly with the river rats at Hatrack Mouth.
5. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
(a) He didn't want to squish Arthur Stuart.
(b) He didn't want the tongues wagging in town.
(c) He didn't want to sit next to a half black boy.
(d) He didn't think it was proper for Arthur Stuart to be near him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
2. What word is a sure sign of ignorance and stupidity, according to the teacher?
3. Why didn't Peggy look into the heartfires of the townsfolk?
4. Why did Miss Larner wish to bring poetry to Hatrack River?
5. Who was in the General Store when Alvin arrived?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)