|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
(b) A poor, ill bred girl.
(c) A country girl.
(d) A child who had known pain.
2. What name hadn't the visitor been called?
(a) Bright Visitor.
(b) Holy One.
(c) Angel of Light.
(d) Walking Man.
3. What does Peggy aspire to be?
(a) Goody Smith.
4. Who slammed the door to the springhouse?
(a) Arthur Stewart.
(b) Old Peg.
5. Why does Peggy want to go to Philadelphia?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A higher class of people are there.
(d) The best universities are there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alvin gratified to see?
2. What does Makepeace say in regards to Alvin?
3. Where was Peggy headed?
4. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
5. What comment did Makepeace have for the water from the well Alvin dug?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)