|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a mistake among women?
(a) To attempt to steal another ones mate.
(b) To hate one another.
(c) To compete with one another.
(d) To harbor jealousy.
2. Why did Alvin look forward to leaving the town of Vigor Church to begin his apprenticeship?
(a) He had caught his father trying to kill him.
(b) All of these.
(c) His parents were mean to him.
(d) His home was stained with too much innocent blood for him to hanker to stay.
3. What wasn't Alvin to have before he had dug the well?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Not a sip of water to drink.
(c) Not a bite of food to eat.
(d) He was allowed whatever he wanted.
4. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
(a) That the torch girl was buried there.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That someone was mad at the fresh body beneath the earth.
(d) Neither of these.
5. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Glad memory.
(b) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
2. Why did Alvin lay down?
3. What does Cavil consider righteousness?
4. Who else does the girl hate like she hates the White boss?
5. What was the only thing keeping Arthur from going to school?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)