|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvin invite when he dug in anger?
(a) The Destroyer.
(c) All of these.
(d) The Unmaker.
2. Who did Peggy figure could have saved the slave girl?
(b) Anga Berry.
(c) Dr, Whitley Physicker.
3. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
(a) He wasn't used to his opinion mattering.
(b) He wasn't used to being treated like an equal.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
4. Why did Alvin lay down?
(a) All of these.
(b) To make Makepeace feel guilty that he had left Alvin out with no water or food.
(c) To wait for the water to clear.
(d) To wait for the sun to come out.
5. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
(a) To be truly happy.
(b) Not to use her knack if she didn't need to.
(c) To be kind and polite.
(d) To smile with sheer joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Old Peg want the schoolteacher to live?
2. What words did Horace use in regards to Alvin that rankled?
3. What had happened to Salamandy?
4. Which of the men didn't want Arthur in the school?
5. What was customary for masters to do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)