|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
(a) How she could benefit from Peggy's pain.
(b) How to heal her.
(c) None of these.
(d) How to help her.
2. What comment did Makepeace have for the water from the well Alvin dug?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) It was the clearest water out of a day old well he'd ever seen.
(c) Both of these.
(d) It was the sweetest water he had ever drank.
3. How many letters of credit did Cavil give Reverend Philadelphia Thrower?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
4. What does Miss Larner charge to tutor Alvin?
(a) Sixty cents a week.
(b) Ten cents a week.
(c) Fifty cents a week.
(d) A dollar a week.
5. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
(a) That Peggy might have been jealous of the infant.
(b) None of these.
(c) That Peggy might have ran off with a boy.
(d) That Peggy ran off to seek her fortune elsewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of birds' nests were in the Hatrack bridge eaves?
2. What is Cavil to do?
3. What displayed the visitor's profession?
4. In reality, what was this visitor?
5. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)