|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Peggy feel at times?
(a) That if it weren't for her being a torch, no one would care for her at all.
(b) That her life would always be that of servitude and misery.
(c) That she would never be happy leading her life.
(d) That she was the lone lookout boy at the top of a ships mast.
2. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
(a) To be truly happy.
(b) Not to use her knack if she didn't need to.
(c) To smile with sheer joy.
(d) To be kind and polite.
3. How did Hank feel with Alvin so close?
(b) All of these.
4. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
(c) Arthur Stuart.
5. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
(a) The Maker is the one who is part of what he makes.
(b) The Maker must be a part of what he makes.
(c) The Maker invests emotionally into what he makes.
(d) The Maker is one with what he makes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Alvin accomplished by saying he did the work on the springhouse in his "free time"?
2. Why didn't Peggy look into the heartfires of the townsfolk?
3. What will Cavil call the stolen half black child?
4. Why didn't the river rats hang onto the cart for longer?
5. What did Dolores ask for Cavil to do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)