|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peggy ask Mistress Modesty to stay with her?
(a) For company.
(b) None of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) For comfort should she fail.
2. What had Alvin accomplished by saying he did the work on the springhouse in his "free time"?
(a) Both of these.
(b) That he was doing the work for himself.
(c) That Makepeace had given him time to do his own work.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What did Peggy attempt to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Use his caul to make a branch fall from a tree.
(c) Use his caul to fend off the Unmaker.
(d) Use his caul to cause someone to come and wake him.
4. What did the Prophet show Alvin?
(a) A vision of the Crystal City.
(b) How he had succeeded in becoming a Maker.
(c) All of these.
(d) How he had succeeded in making the world a better place.
5. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
(a) The song of Triumph.
(b) The song of Making.
(c) The song of the Redbird.
(d) The song of Rebirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peggy aspire to be?
2. How did Peggy feel at times?
3. What is Horace's secret sin?
4. Who did Peggy figure could have saved the slave girl?
5. Why must Peggy go and advance her schooling?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)