|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
(a) The Maker is the one who is part of what he makes.
(b) The Maker invests emotionally into what he makes.
(c) The Maker is one with what he makes.
(d) The Maker must be a part of what he makes.
2. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
(a) The Holy Virgin Mother of God.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) The Holy Virgin Mary.
3. What excuse does Old Peg offer for the reason that her son isn't allowed in the school?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her son is colored.
(c) Her son is black.
(d) Her son is a bit rambunctious.
4. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
(a) The trickle of water down her spine.
(b) Her blue black thighs sliding against each other.
(c) All of these.
(d) The trickle of water down her chest.
5. What did Alvin hear?
(a) Toads croaking.
(b) Crickets chirping.
(c) A bird's song.
(d) A bird's wings through the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act opened Alvin wide for the Unmaker to enter him?
2. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
3. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
4. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
5. What did Dolores ask for Cavil to do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)