|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
(a) Rob Berry.
(b) Jack Berry.
(c) Jock Berry.
(d) Mock Berry.
2. What comment did Makepeace have for the water from the well Alvin dug?
(a) It was the clearest water out of a day old well he'd ever seen.
(b) It was the sweetest water he had ever drank.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. Why didn't Peggy look into the heartfires of the townsfolk?
(a) She had meddled enough in the hearts of those around her.
(b) She no longer noticed the heartfires of the people around her and never looked deep.
(c) She is no longer responsible for their futures.
(d) All of these.
4. How many years had past since Alvin had been an apprentice of Makepeace?
5. Why didn't the river rats hang onto the cart for longer?
(a) They no longer had interest in the lady that Alvin was protecting.
(b) They were afraid of what Alvin would do to them.
(c) They worried if they upset Alvin, they would have Makepeace on them too.
(d) The cart had become greased and their hands could find no purchase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of talent was mostly found among seventh sons?
2. What did Dolores ask for Cavil to do?
3. How many letters of credit did Cavil give Reverend Philadelphia Thrower?
4. Why did Alvin look forward to leaving the town of Vigor Church to begin his apprenticeship?
5. What secret does Alvin wish for Horace to keep?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)