|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
2. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) All of these.
(b) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(c) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
(d) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
3. Why didn't Peggy look into the heartfires of the townsfolk?
(a) She had meddled enough in the hearts of those around her.
(b) She no longer noticed the heartfires of the people around her and never looked deep.
(c) She is no longer responsible for their futures.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Alvin think of Makepeace?
(a) He was a horrible master.
(b) He was a profiteering old coot.
(c) He was a good man.
(d) He was too hard on Alvin.
5. What does Peggy aspire to be?
(b) Goody Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
2. In reality, what was this visitor?
3. How did Peggy feel at times?
4. What did Miss Larner want in payment for teaching Arthur Stuart?
5. Why does Peggy ask Mistress Modesty to stay with her?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)