|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Wells, Chapter 8, Unmaker, & Chapter 9, Redbird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document did Appalachee sign?
(a) The Fugitive Slave Treaty.
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The Equal Rights Bill.
(d) The Right to Freedom Treaty.
2. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
(a) To smile with sheer joy.
(b) Not to use her knack if she didn't need to.
(c) To be truly happy.
(d) To be kind and polite.
3. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him her sweetheart.
(b) Calling him a dear friend.
(c) Calling him a friend.
(d) Calling him a sweetheart.
4. What was the name of the horse that Makepeace was shoeing?
5. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Peggy doesn't want her mama to fret.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Peggy doesn't want him to lie to her mama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shouldn't Hank bring up at the Guester's roadhouse?
2. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
3. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
4. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
5. Where was Peggy headed?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)