|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Wells, Chapter 8, Unmaker, & Chapter 9, Redbird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
(a) If she could dance gracefully and beautifully on her feet, she might win Alvin's love.
(b) If she was truly beautiful, both inside and out, she might win Alvin's love.
(c) If she could win the love of these strangers, she might win Alvin's love.
(d) If she could be perfect and assist Alvin in every way, she might win Alvin's love.
2. How did Peggy feel she spoke?
(a) Squawking like a chicken.
(b) Squawking like a crow.
(c) Screeching like an door that hadn't been oiled in a fortnight.
(d) Squawking like a seagull.
3. Who was sleeping upstairs?
(a) A traveling doctor.
(b) A traveling storyteller.
(c) A traveling monk.
(d) A traveling preacher.
4. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
(a) Her pupil.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her disciple.
(d) Her daughter.
5. In what way was Peggy and Mistress Modesty both not a part of the masquerade?
(a) Neither were pretending to be something they weren't.
(b) All of these.
(c) Neither depended on anyone else's opinion of them.
(d) Neither had shown up in costume.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
2. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
3. What did the lowest kind of creature do?
4. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
5. What kind of talent was mostly found among seventh sons?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)