|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Wells, Chapter 8, Unmaker, & Chapter 9, Redbird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) They hurt his feet.
(b) He didn't like how they looked.
(c) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
(d) They were too big for him.
2. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
(a) To be kind and polite.
(b) To smile with sheer joy.
(c) To be truly happy.
(d) Not to use her knack if she didn't need to.
3. Why did Alvin look forward to leaving the town of Vigor Church to begin his apprenticeship?
(a) He had caught his father trying to kill him.
(b) His home was stained with too much innocent blood for him to hanker to stay.
(c) All of these.
(d) His parents were mean to him.
4. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
(a) The Maker invests emotionally into what he makes.
(b) The Maker is the one who is part of what he makes.
(c) The Maker must be a part of what he makes.
(d) The Maker is one with what he makes.
5. What kind of talent was mostly found among seventh sons?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
2. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
3. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
4. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
5. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)