|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Dowser & Chapter 6, Masquerade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the horse that Makepeace was shoeing?
2. Who did Peggy hitch a ride with?
(a) Dr. Whitley Physicker.
(b) None of these.
(c) She didn't hitch a ride, she took the horse.
(d) Makepeace Smith.
3. How did Peggy feel she spoke?
(a) Screeching like an door that hadn't been oiled in a fortnight.
(b) Squawking like a chicken.
(c) Squawking like a crow.
(d) Squawking like a seagull.
4. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Glad memory.
(d) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
5. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Threatened her.
(c) Convinced her.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
2. What kind of wood was good for finding water?
3. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
4. Where was Peggy headed?
5. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)