|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Dowser & Chapter 6, Masquerade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Cavil cry out that made his visitor recoil?
(a) Merciful God.
(b) God Almighty.
(c) Lord Jesus.
(d) Jesus Christ.
2. How many years had past since Alvin had been an apprentice of Makepeace?
3. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
(b) A country girl.
(c) A child who had known pain.
(d) A poor, ill bred girl.
4. In what way was Peggy and Mistress Modesty both not a part of the masquerade?
(a) Neither depended on anyone else's opinion of them.
(b) All of these.
(c) Neither had shown up in costume.
(d) Neither were pretending to be something they weren't.
5. What kind of talent was mostly found among seventh sons?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the difference between Cavil and Abraham?
2. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
3. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
4. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
5. What was this thing for?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)