|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Dowser & Chapter 6, Masquerade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Peggy headed?
2. What was the wrong thing for Hank to say?
(a) "I don't want that boy touching my horse."
(b) "Who's the master here, anyway?"
(c) "What kind of master are you, letting him speak like that to you?"
(d) "I'd cuff that boy two ways from Sunday."
3. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
(a) Threatened her.
(b) All of these.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Convinced her.
4. What did Cavil start to think?
(a) That maybe the newbought girl would like him.
(b) The Lord had placed these desires in him.
(c) That Cavil was a righteous man and deserved pleasure.
(d) Why he has such thoughts even while he prays.
5. What document did Appalachee sign?
(a) The Equal Rights Bill.
(b) The Fugitive Slave Treaty.
(c) The Right to Freedom Treaty.
(d) The Declaration of Independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
2. What is Cavil to do?
3. What was held out to Peggy?
4. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
5. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)