|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Dowser & Chapter 6, Masquerade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
(a) Peggy had been a mean spirited child.
(b) Peggy had never needed her mother.
(c) Peggy had never been grateful enough to her mother.
(d) All of these.
2. What does Makepeace say in regards to Alvin?
(a) He's a smart boy.
(b) He's a good kid.
(c) All of these.
(d) He's a natural farrier.
3. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(c) Glad memory.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him a sweetheart.
(b) Calling him a dear friend.
(c) Calling him her sweetheart.
(d) Calling him a friend.
5. What was customary for masters to do?
(a) Let their apprentices gain knowledge and apply it to the world.
(b) All of these.
(c) Let their apprentices earn money on their work.
(d) Let their apprentices go when they were good enough to work on their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Cavil cry out that made his visitor recoil?
2. In reality, what was this visitor?
3. What is Horace's secret sin?
4. What "lie" did Alvin tell his new master, Makepeace Smith?
5. Why did Alvin look forward to leaving the town of Vigor Church to begin his apprenticeship?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)