|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Dowser & Chapter 6, Masquerade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a mistake among women?
(a) To hate one another.
(b) To harbor jealousy.
(c) To compete with one another.
(d) To attempt to steal another ones mate.
2. What was held out to Peggy?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) None of these.
(c) A silver plate.
(d) A phone.
3. What wasn't Alvin to have before he had dug the well?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Not a sip of water to drink.
(c) He was allowed whatever he wanted.
(d) Not a bite of food to eat.
4. What shouldn't Hank bring up at the Guester's roadhouse?
(a) The fact that Hatrack hasn't got a torch.
(b) All of these.
(c) The fact that their daughter left.
(d) The fact that Alvin is a natural farrier.
5. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
(a) All of these.
(b) Threatened her.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Convinced her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peggy wish to be?
2. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
3. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
4. What is Horace Guester's knack?
5. What was Alvin gratified to see?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)