|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Dowser & Chapter 6, Masquerade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
(a) To smile with sheer joy.
(b) To be kind and polite.
(c) Not to use her knack if she didn't need to.
(d) To be truly happy.
2. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
(a) If she was truly beautiful, both inside and out, she might win Alvin's love.
(b) If she could dance gracefully and beautifully on her feet, she might win Alvin's love.
(c) If she could win the love of these strangers, she might win Alvin's love.
(d) If she could be perfect and assist Alvin in every way, she might win Alvin's love.
3. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Women were too weak.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Women were too compassionate.
(d) Both of these.
4. What name did Cavil cry out that made his visitor recoil?
(a) Merciful God.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) Lord Jesus.
(d) God Almighty.
5. What did the lowest kind of creature do?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Live openly in a mixed racial relationship.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Live openly with a black woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cavil start to think?
2. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
3. What is Cavil to do?
4. What had Peggy decided to do?
5. What was it that Hank realized with Alvin close?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)