|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Dowser & Chapter 6, Masquerade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him a friend.
(b) Calling him her sweetheart.
(c) Calling him a dear friend.
(d) Calling him a sweetheart.
2. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
(d) Arthur Stuart.
3. Why did Alvin look forward to leaving the town of Vigor Church to begin his apprenticeship?
(a) His parents were mean to him.
(b) All of these.
(c) His home was stained with too much innocent blood for him to hanker to stay.
(d) He had caught his father trying to kill him.
4. How did Peggy feel at times?
(a) That she would never be happy leading her life.
(b) That her life would always be that of servitude and misery.
(c) That if it weren't for her being a torch, no one would care for her at all.
(d) That she was the lone lookout boy at the top of a ships mast.
5. What displayed the visitor's profession?
(a) The coldness in his eyes.
(b) The stern look in his face.
(c) The tension in his muscles.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
2. Who did Peggy hitch a ride with?
3. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
4. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
5. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)