|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cavil start to think?
(a) The Lord had placed these desires in him.
(b) That Cavil was a righteous man and deserved pleasure.
(c) Why he has such thoughts even while he prays.
(d) That maybe the newbought girl would like him.
2. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Women were too compassionate.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Women were too weak.
3. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
4. What was this thing for?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Peggy's calling card.
(d) Guests to announce themselves.
5. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
(a) Six hundred dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
2. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
3. What was held out to Peggy?
4. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
5. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)