|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) The Holy Virgin Mother of God.
(c) The Holy Virgin Mary.
(d) Both of these.
2. What is Cavil to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Save the black generation from the devil by making them less black.
(c) Give his offspring up to the Overseer.
(d) Have children by all his black women.
3. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
4. What did Delores see in her husbands face?
(c) All of these.
(d) Something darker in his face.
5. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
(b) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(c) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
2. What had Peggy decided to do?
3. What was held out to Peggy?
4. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
5. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)