|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Peggy doesn't want him to lie to her mama.
(c) Peggy doesn't want her mama to fret.
(d) Both of these.
2. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
(a) He wasn't used to his opinion mattering.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) He wasn't used to being treated like an equal.
3. What displayed the visitor's profession?
(a) The stern look in his face.
(b) The coldness in his eyes.
(c) All of these.
(d) The tension in his muscles.
4. What would his career as a blacksmith teach Alvin?
(a) How to be honest.
(b) How to be a Maker.
(c) How to be proud.
(d) How to be a man.
5. How did Peggy feel she spoke?
(a) Squawking like a crow.
(b) Squawking like a chicken.
(c) Squawking like a seagull.
(d) Screeching like an door that hadn't been oiled in a fortnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Horace's secret sin?
2. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
3. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
4. What secret does Alvin wish for Horace to keep?
5. What is it that a torch does?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)