|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the lowest kind of creature do?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Live openly in a mixed racial relationship.
(c) Live openly with a black woman.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What name hadn't the visitor been called?
(a) Holy One.
(b) Bright Visitor.
(c) Angel of Light.
(d) Walking Man.
3. Who else does the girl hate like she hates the White boss?
(a) Fat Faux.
(b) Fat Fox.
(c) Flat Fox.
(d) Sat Fox.
4. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
(a) How to heal her.
(b) How she could benefit from Peggy's pain.
(c) None of these.
(d) How to help her.
5. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
(a) He'd been sent to prentice to the devil.
(b) That the smith was likely to hurt him.
(c) That the smith was an evil looking man.
(d) That he would never be hungry learning to be a smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
2. What document did Appalachee sign?
3. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
4. Where was Peggy headed?
5. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)