|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What displayed the visitor's profession?
(a) The coldness in his eyes.
(b) All of these.
(c) The stern look in his face.
(d) The tension in his muscles.
2. What is it that a torch does?
(a) Looks into people's heartfires and sees their future.
(b) Looks into the womb to see how the baby lays and whether it is in the right position to be born.
(c) All of these.
(d) Looks into people's heartfires and sees their secrets and thoughts.
3. How did Peggy feel at times?
(a) That she would never be happy leading her life.
(b) That she was the lone lookout boy at the top of a ships mast.
(c) That her life would always be that of servitude and misery.
(d) That if it weren't for her being a torch, no one would care for her at all.
4. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) They were too big for him.
(b) He didn't like how they looked.
(c) They hurt his feet.
(d) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
5. What did Dolores ask for Cavil to do?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Heal her.
(d) Sleep in another room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was held out to Peggy?
2. What did Dolores' hands look like?
3. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
4. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
5. In reality, what was this visitor?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)