|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Runaway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Peggy decided to do?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Leave before sunup.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Leave before Alvin came.
2. What is it that a torch does?
(a) All of these.
(b) Looks into people's heartfires and sees their future.
(c) Looks into people's heartfires and sees their secrets and thoughts.
(d) Looks into the womb to see how the baby lays and whether it is in the right position to be born.
3. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
(a) Four hundred dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Six hundred dollars.
4. Who was sleeping upstairs?
(a) A traveling doctor.
(b) A traveling storyteller.
(c) A traveling monk.
(d) A traveling preacher.
5. What is Horace's secret sin?
(a) He cheated on his wife with a woman in Dekane.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He hated his daughter.
(d) He hated his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, what was this visitor?
2. Who was the runaway slave girl's father?
3. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
4. How did Peggy feel at times?
5. What displayed the visitor's profession?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)