|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Runaway.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document did Appalachee sign?
(a) The Right to Freedom Treaty.
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The Fugitive Slave Treaty.
(d) The Equal Rights Bill.
2. Why did Alvin look forward to leaving the town of Vigor Church to begin his apprenticeship?
(a) His home was stained with too much innocent blood for him to hanker to stay.
(b) His parents were mean to him.
(c) He had caught his father trying to kill him.
(d) All of these.
3. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
4. Who was sleeping upstairs?
(a) A traveling storyteller.
(b) A traveling doctor.
(c) A traveling monk.
(d) A traveling preacher.
5. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
(a) Seven hundred dollars.
(b) Six hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Four hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
2. How did Peggy feel at times?
3. Who was the runaway slave girl's father?
4. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
5. What is Horace's secret sin?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)