Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, River Rat, Chapter 15, Teacher, & Chapter 16, Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the lowest kind of creature do?
(a) Live openly with a black woman.
(b) Live openly in a mixed racial relationship.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
2. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
(a) That the smith was likely to hurt him.
(b) That he would never be hungry learning to be a smith.
(c) That the smith was an evil looking man.
(d) He'd been sent to prentice to the devil.
3. What "lie" did Alvin tell his new master, Makepeace Smith?
(a) That Alvin befriended Ta-Kumsaw.
(b) That he ran from the town of Vigor Church.
(c) That he befriended a bear that gave him a ride from Vigor Church.
(d) That Alvin had befriended the Prophet.
4. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
(b) Green leaves.
(c) Warm air.
(d) Hot wind out of the southwest.
5. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
(a) Her disciple.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her pupil.
(d) Her friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dolores' hands look like?
2. How many years had past since Alvin had been an apprentice of Makepeace?
3. What displayed the visitor's profession?
4. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
5. What did Dolores and Cavil fear?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)