|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Manacles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Makepeace say in regards to the work Alvin did on the manacles?
(a) To make them his journeyman piece.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) That he was some friend, sending his friend away in chains.
(d) Both of these.
2. What part of Alvin's mind does Miss Larner say is most neglected?
(a) His analytical thinking.
(b) None of these.
(c) His thought processing.
(d) His imagination.
3. Where was Makepeace while Alvin worked?
(a) Drinking himself silly with the river rats at Hatrack Mouth.
(b) Searching high and low for good prices on iron.
(c) None of these.
(d) Going to church.
4. How many letters of credit did Cavil give Reverend Philadelphia Thrower?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
5. What was Pauley Wiseman's main objection to Miss Larner living on her own?
(a) It wasn't proper.
(b) It wasn't normal.
(c) All of these.
(d) It wasn't acceptable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvin say to Arthur as he locked the manacles?
2. What is the first word the two people ask Arthur Stuart to spell?
3. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
4. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
5. Where does it hurt on Arthur Stuart?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)