|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
(a) The Holy Virgin Mary.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The Holy Virgin Mother of God.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
(b) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
(c) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
(d) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
3. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
(a) That Peggy might have been jealous of the infant.
(b) None of these.
(c) That Peggy might have ran off with a boy.
(d) That Peggy ran off to seek her fortune elsewhere.
4. What "lie" did Alvin tell his new master, Makepeace Smith?
(a) That Alvin had befriended the Prophet.
(b) That he befriended a bear that gave him a ride from Vigor Church.
(c) That he ran from the town of Vigor Church.
(d) That Alvin befriended Ta-Kumsaw.
5. What was the difference between Cavil and Abraham?
(a) Abraham heard the voice of God.
(b) Abraham was a disciple of God.
(c) Abraham was a devoted servant of God.
(d) Abraham was more righteous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
2. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
3. What name did Cavil cry out that made his visitor recoil?
4. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
5. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)