|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
2. What does the African slave girl think Peggy's voice belongs to?
(a) Both of these.
(b) The Holy Virgin Mother of God.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) The Holy Virgin Mary.
3. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(b) Glad memory.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
(b) Arthur Stuart.
5. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
(b) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
(c) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that a torch does?
2. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
3. Why did Alvin look forward to leaving the town of Vigor Church to begin his apprenticeship?
4. What did Cavil do when the black girl protested?
5. What was the difference between Cavil and Abraham?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)