|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was held out to Peggy?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) A silver plate.
(c) A phone.
(d) None of these.
2. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
(b) Arthur Stuart.
3. How did Peggy feel at times?
(a) That she was the lone lookout boy at the top of a ships mast.
(b) That if it weren't for her being a torch, no one would care for her at all.
(c) That she would never be happy leading her life.
(d) That her life would always be that of servitude and misery.
4. What had Peggy decided to do?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Leave before sunup.
(d) Leave before Alvin came.
5. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
(a) That Peggy ran off to seek her fortune elsewhere.
(b) That Peggy might have ran off with a boy.
(c) None of these.
(d) That Peggy might have been jealous of the infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Alvin wish for Horace to keep?
2. Why can't Horace tell his wife that Peggy is going to see someone else and not go find the slave girl?
3. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
4. What was this thing for?
5. Where was Peggy headed?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)