|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Alvin at this point in the story?
2. Why did the Lord choose men to do his bidding?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Women were too compassionate.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Women were too weak.
3. How did Peggy feel she spoke?
(a) Squawking like a chicken.
(b) Squawking like a seagull.
(c) Squawking like a crow.
(d) Screeching like an door that hadn't been oiled in a fortnight.
4. How did Peggy feel at times?
(a) That if it weren't for her being a torch, no one would care for her at all.
(b) That she would never be happy leading her life.
(c) That her life would always be that of servitude and misery.
(d) That she was the lone lookout boy at the top of a ships mast.
5. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
(b) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
(c) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
(d) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
2. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
3. Who was the runaway slave girl's father?
4. What was the name of Anga Berry's husband?
5. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)