|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Peggy feel at times?
(a) That she would never be happy leading her life.
(b) That she was the lone lookout boy at the top of a ships mast.
(c) That her life would always be that of servitude and misery.
(d) That if it weren't for her being a torch, no one would care for her at all.
2. Who did Peggy figure could have saved the slave girl?
(b) Dr, Whitley Physicker.
(c) Anga Berry.
3. What had Peggy decided to do?
(a) Leave before sunup.
(b) Leave before Alvin came.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
4. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
(a) Four hundred dollars.
(b) Seven hundred dollars.
(c) Six hundred dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
5. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
(a) How to heal her.
(b) None of these.
(c) How she could benefit from Peggy's pain.
(d) How to help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Cavil never seen anything so graceful as?
2. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
3. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
4. What did Cavil start to think?
5. Who was sleeping upstairs?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)