|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Lies & Chapter 4, Modesty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(c) Glad memory.
(d) Both of these.
2. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
(b) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
(c) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
(d) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
3. What did Dolores ask for Cavil to do?
(a) Heal her.
(b) Sleep in another room.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Kill her.
4. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
(b) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(c) All of these.
(d) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
5. What did Peggy wish to be?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) None of these.
(c) A supplicant.
(d) Mistress Modesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Delores see in her husbands face?
2. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
3. Who else does the girl hate like she hates the White boss?
4. What name did Cavil cry out that made his visitor recoil?
5. What would his career as a blacksmith teach Alvin?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)