|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Goodwife, Chapter 11, Wand, Chapter 12, School Board, & Chapter 13, Springhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Makepeace attempt to give back to Hank?
(a) His dignity back.
(b) None of these.
(c) The esteem he had gained from the well.
(d) The wand he had dowsed with.
2. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
(b) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
(c) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
(d) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
3. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) They hurt his feet.
(b) He didn't like how they looked.
(c) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
(d) They were too big for him.
4. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
(a) Peggy had never been grateful enough to her mother.
(b) Peggy had been a mean spirited child.
(c) All of these.
(d) Peggy had never needed her mother.
5. How many years had past since Alvin had been an apprentice of Makepeace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing keeping Arthur from going to school?
2. What is Horace Guester's knack?
3. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
4. What did the Prophet show Alvin?
5. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)