|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Goodwife, Chapter 11, Wand, Chapter 12, School Board, & Chapter 13, Springhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing keeping Arthur from going to school?
(a) His color.
(b) His name.
(c) The teacher refused to teach him.
(d) The fact that he was only half black.
2. What kind of birds' nests were in the Hatrack bridge eaves?
3. Why did Alvin lay down?
(a) All of these.
(b) To make Makepeace feel guilty that he had left Alvin out with no water or food.
(c) To wait for the water to clear.
(d) To wait for the sun to come out.
4. Who got out of Dr. Physicker's carriage first?
(a) Po Doggly.
(b) Dr. Physicker.
(c) Pauley Wiseman, the Sheriff.
(d) None of these.
5. What was a promise to remember a gentleman?
(a) Calling him her sweetheart.
(b) Calling him a dear friend.
(c) Calling him a sweetheart.
(d) Calling him a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
2. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
3. What did Peggy attempt to do?
4. What did Hank think Makepeace was doing?
5. What kind of wood was good for finding water?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)