|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Goodwife, Chapter 11, Wand, Chapter 12, School Board, & Chapter 13, Springhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) A poor, ill bred girl.
(b) A country girl.
(c) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
(d) A child who had known pain.
2. What did Alvin hear?
(a) A bird's song.
(b) Toads croaking.
(c) Crickets chirping.
(d) A bird's wings through the air.
3. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her disciple.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her pupil.
4. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
(a) That he would never be hungry learning to be a smith.
(b) That the smith was likely to hurt him.
(c) That the smith was an evil looking man.
(d) He'd been sent to prentice to the devil.
5. What did Peggy wish to be?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) Mistress Modesty.
(c) A supplicant.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvin think of Makepeace?
2. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
3. What was the most difficult lesson Mistress Modesty had taught Peggy?
4. What did Peggy attempt to do?
5. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)