|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Goodwife, Chapter 11, Wand, Chapter 12, School Board, & Chapter 13, Springhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Old Peg Guester name the Black boy-baby?
(b) Arthur Stuart.
2. What did Alvin hear?
(a) Crickets chirping.
(b) A bird's wings through the air.
(c) Toads croaking.
(d) A bird's song.
3. What did Peggy figure out about why her mother had been disappointed with her?
(a) Peggy had never needed her mother.
(b) Peggy had never been grateful enough to her mother.
(c) Peggy had been a mean spirited child.
(d) All of these.
4. What was customary for masters to do?
(a) All of these.
(b) Let their apprentices go when they were good enough to work on their own.
(c) Let their apprentices gain knowledge and apply it to the world.
(d) Let their apprentices earn money on their work.
5. What shouldn't Hank bring up at the Guester's roadhouse?
(a) The fact that their daughter left.
(b) The fact that Hatrack hasn't got a torch.
(c) All of these.
(d) The fact that Alvin is a natural farrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Peggy dance for Alvin?
2. What did Hank think Makepeace was doing?
3. What do men measure, according to Mistress Modesty?
4. What does Makepeace say in regards to Alvin?
5. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)