|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Goodwife, Chapter 11, Wand, Chapter 12, School Board, & Chapter 13, Springhouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alvin want from the new schoolteacher?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) For her to help him become a Maker.
(d) For her to teach him how to be a Maker.
2. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) A poor, ill bred girl.
(b) A child who had known pain.
(c) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
(d) A country girl.
3. How many points did Alvin's hexes have?
4. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
(a) To his neck.
(b) To his thighs.
(c) To his waist.
(d) To his calves.
5. What was the wrong thing for Hank to say?
(a) "Who's the master here, anyway?"
(b) "I don't want that boy touching my horse."
(c) "What kind of master are you, letting him speak like that to you?"
(d) "I'd cuff that boy two ways from Sunday."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the runaway slave girl's father?
2. What was customary for masters to do?
3. What is Horace Guester's knack?
4. Who did Peggy figure could have saved the slave girl?
5. What was this thing for?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)