|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much change did Vanderwoort give Mock Berry?
(a) Five cents.
(b) Six cents.
(c) Twelve cents.
(d) Thirteen cents.
2. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) That the torch girl was buried there.
(c) Both of these.
(d) That someone was mad at the fresh body beneath the earth.
3. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
(a) That the smith was an evil looking man.
(b) That he would never be hungry learning to be a smith.
(c) That the smith was likely to hurt him.
(d) He'd been sent to prentice to the devil.
4. What did the people standing by the stove offer Alvin?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A sip of cocoa.
(d) A nip from the flask they had.
5. What would his career as a blacksmith teach Alvin?
(a) How to be honest.
(b) How to be a man.
(c) How to be a Maker.
(d) How to be proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
2. Who does Alvin encounter on the road to town?
3. Why did Alvin lay down?
4. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
5. What doesn't Old Peg want Alvin to pick up from town?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)