|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
(a) Warm air.
(c) Hot wind out of the southwest.
(d) Green leaves.
2. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
(a) To his calves.
(b) To his thighs.
(c) To his neck.
(d) To his waist.
3. What did Alvin think of Makepeace?
(a) He was a good man.
(b) He was too hard on Alvin.
(c) He was a profiteering old coot.
(d) He was a horrible master.
4. What was Miss Larner teaching Alvin about?
(a) The Earth's rotation around the sun.
(b) Demosthenes theory of atomic structure.
5. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
(a) He didn't want the tongues wagging in town.
(b) He didn't want to squish Arthur Stuart.
(c) He didn't think it was proper for Arthur Stuart to be near him.
(d) He didn't want to sit next to a half black boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
2. What doesn't Old Peg want Alvin to pick up from town?
3. What did Alvin hear?
4. What is "behind the barn' talk?
5. What part of Alvin's mind does Miss Larner say is most neglected?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)