|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people standing by the stove offer Alvin?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A nip from the flask they had.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A sip of cocoa.
2. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
(b) Green leaves.
(c) Hot wind out of the southwest.
(d) Warm air.
3. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(b) Glad memory.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
4. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
(a) Like a ghost.
(b) A reporter.
(c) Like his shadow.
(d) A spy.
5. What did Alvin think about when he had woken?
(a) How he had caused it to become summer.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) How he had called Redbird to him.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvin think of Makepeace?
2. What is "behind the barn' talk?
3. What is the first word the two people ask Arthur Stuart to spell?
4. Why did Alvin lay down?
5. What errand was Alvin on for Makepeace?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)