|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvin think of Makepeace?
(a) He was too hard on Alvin.
(b) He was a horrible master.
(c) He was a good man.
(d) He was a profiteering old coot.
2. Why was Alvin having difficulties grasping the theory regarding atoms?
(a) Alvin couldn't see an atom.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) There was nothing he could think of so small that couldn't be cut.
3. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
(a) A reporter.
(b) Like a ghost.
(c) Like his shadow.
(d) A spy.
4. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
(b) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
(c) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
(d) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
5. How much change did Vanderwoort give Mock Berry?
(a) Thirteen cents.
(b) Six cents.
(c) Twelve cents.
(d) Five cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
2. Who was in the General Store when Alvin arrived?
3. What did Alvin hear?
4. Why did Mock Berry stay so poor?
5. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)