|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
(a) That Peggy might have been jealous of the infant.
(b) That Peggy ran off to seek her fortune elsewhere.
(c) None of these.
(d) That Peggy might have ran off with a boy.
2. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
(a) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness only if he is woken.
(b) None of these.
(c) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness at the sacrifice of Arthur Stuarts life.
(d) All paths lead to darkness, and none emerge.
3. Why was the delivery book another slight?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Makepeace didn't trust Alvin with money.
(c) Makepeace didn't want Alvin handling transactions.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What would his career as a blacksmith teach Alvin?
(a) How to be a man.
(b) How to be proud.
(c) How to be honest.
(d) How to be a Maker.
5. What doesn't Old Peg want Alvin to pick up from town?
(a) A pound of pepper.
(b) Two cones of sugar.
(c) A dozen sheets of paper.
(d) A half pound of salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
2. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
3. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
4. Why did Mock Berry stay so poor?
5. Why can't Peggy send the Unmaker away?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)