|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
(a) He didn't want to sit next to a half black boy.
(b) He didn't want to squish Arthur Stuart.
(c) He didn't want the tongues wagging in town.
(d) He didn't think it was proper for Arthur Stuart to be near him.
2. What did Peggy wish to be?
(a) None of these.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A supplicant.
(d) Mistress Modesty.
3. What kind of emotions did Horace Guester's name bring about in Mistress Modesty?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Fear at what Peggy might intend.
(d) Glad memory.
4. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
(a) How she could benefit from Peggy's pain.
(b) None of these.
(c) How to heal her.
(d) How to help her.
5. Who was in the General Store when Alvin arrived?
(a) All of these.
(c) Pieter Vanderwoort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
2. What did the Unmaker do while Alvin was in the forest?
3. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
4. Why does Peggy ask Mistress Modesty to stay with her?
5. What was held out to Peggy?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)