|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment did Makepeace have for the water from the well Alvin dug?
(a) It was the clearest water out of a day old well he'd ever seen.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) It was the sweetest water he had ever drank.
(d) Both of these.
2. What did the people standing by the stove offer Alvin?
(a) A sip of cocoa.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A nip from the flask they had.
(d) A cup of coffee.
3. What did Peggy attempt to do?
(a) Use his caul to cause someone to come and wake him.
(b) Use his caul to make a branch fall from a tree.
(c) All of these.
(d) Use his caul to fend off the Unmaker.
4. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) A poor, ill bred girl.
(b) A country girl.
(c) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
(d) A child who had known pain.
5. What does Peggy see when she looks into Alvin's future?
(a) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness only if he is woken.
(b) That Alvin makes it out of the darkness at the sacrifice of Arthur Stuarts life.
(c) None of these.
(d) All paths lead to darkness, and none emerge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
2. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
3. What was this thing for?
4. Who does Arthur say picked him up and flew with him?
5. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)