|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was held out to Peggy?
(a) A phone.
(b) None of these.
(c) A silver plate.
(d) A pen and paper.
2. What comment did Makepeace have for the water from the well Alvin dug?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) It was the sweetest water he had ever drank.
(c) It was the clearest water out of a day old well he'd ever seen.
(d) Both of these.
3. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) A child who had known pain.
(b) A poor, ill bred girl.
(c) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
(d) A country girl.
4. What was Alvin gratified to see?
(a) That the roadhouse woman was a fair woman.
(b) That the roadhouse woman missed her daughter.
(c) That his brother's grave was as well tended as any other.
(d) That the roadhouse woman was kind to him.
5. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
(a) The Maker is the one who is part of what he makes.
(b) The Maker must be a part of what he makes.
(c) The Maker is one with what he makes.
(d) The Maker invests emotionally into what he makes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much change did Vanderwoort give Mock Berry?
2. Who does Alvin encounter on the road to town?
3. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
4. What was the first thing Alvin said without anger?
5. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)