|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alvin say that angered Horace?
(a) That Peggy might have ran off with a boy.
(b) That Peggy might have been jealous of the infant.
(c) None of these.
(d) That Peggy ran off to seek her fortune elsewhere.
2. Who was in the General Store when Alvin arrived?
(c) All of these.
(d) Pieter Vanderwoort.
3. What did Alvin first think when he saw the blacksmith?
(a) That the smith was an evil looking man.
(b) He'd been sent to prentice to the devil.
(c) That he would never be hungry learning to be a smith.
(d) That the smith was likely to hurt him.
4. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
(a) A child who had known pain.
(b) A poor, ill bred girl.
(c) How awful it must be to know things that didn't bear knowing.
(d) A country girl.
5. What "lie" did Alvin tell his new master, Makepeace Smith?
(a) That Alvin had befriended the Prophet.
(b) That Alvin befriended Ta-Kumsaw.
(c) That he befriended a bear that gave him a ride from Vigor Church.
(d) That he ran from the town of Vigor Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alvin encounter on the road to town?
2. What did the Unmaker never do?
3. Why did Alvin lay down?
4. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
5. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)