|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Miss Larner teaching Alvin about?
(a) Demosthenes theory of atomic structure.
(c) The Earth's rotation around the sun.
2. Why does Peggy ask Mistress Modesty to stay with her?
(a) Both of these.
(b) None of these.
(c) For company.
(d) For comfort should she fail.
3. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
(a) To his calves.
(b) To his thighs.
(c) To his waist.
(d) To his neck.
4. How did Peggy feel she spoke?
(a) Squawking like a chicken.
(b) Screeching like an door that hadn't been oiled in a fortnight.
(c) Squawking like a crow.
(d) Squawking like a seagull.
5. What did Alvin think about when he had woken?
(a) How he had caused it to become summer.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) How he had called Redbird to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mock Berry stay so poor?
2. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
3. What did Peggy attempt to do?
4. What didn't the lady see when she judged Peggy?
5. What part of Alvin's mind does Miss Larner say is most neglected?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)