|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Alvin give his boots away?
(a) They were too big for him.
(b) He didn't like how they looked.
(c) They hurt his feet.
(d) A poor family had a boy around Alvin's age.
2. What is the first word the two people ask Arthur Stuart to spell?
3. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
(a) He didn't want to sit next to a half black boy.
(b) He didn't want the tongues wagging in town.
(c) He didn't think it was proper for Arthur Stuart to be near him.
(d) He didn't want to squish Arthur Stuart.
4. How far did Alvin sink in the ooze at the bottom of the second well?
(a) To his neck.
(b) To his calves.
(c) To his thighs.
(d) To his waist.
5. What part of Alvin's mind does Miss Larner say is most neglected?
(a) His imagination.
(b) None of these.
(c) His thought processing.
(d) His analytical thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Peggy wish to be?
2. What is "behind the barn' talk?
3. How had Arthur Stuart been with Alvin?
4. What did Alvin hear?
5. What did Peggy attempt to do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)