|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act opened Alvin wide for the Unmaker to enter him?
(a) Digging the second well.
(b) All of these.
(d) Laying down.
2. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
(a) That the torch girl was buried there.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That someone was mad at the fresh body beneath the earth.
(d) Neither of these.
3. Why didn't Mock Berry want to stay in the sleigh when he saw Arthur Stuart?
(a) He didn't want the tongues wagging in town.
(b) He didn't want to squish Arthur Stuart.
(c) He didn't think it was proper for Arthur Stuart to be near him.
(d) He didn't want to sit next to a half black boy.
4. What doesn't Old Peg want Alvin to pick up from town?
(a) A pound of pepper.
(b) A dozen sheets of paper.
(c) Two cones of sugar.
(d) A half pound of salt.
5. What did Mistress Modesty imagine when she thought of Peggy's pain?
(a) None of these.
(b) How to help her.
(c) How she could benefit from Peggy's pain.
(d) How to heal her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Redbird begin to sing that was different from Redman's song?
2. What errand did Makepeace have Alvin doing in the snow?
3. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
4. What did the Unmaker never do?
5. Why did Alvin lay down?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)