|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Spelling Bee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mock Berry stay so poor?
(a) People would charge Mock more than they charge a white customer.
(b) People disliked the black family.
(c) People hated the Berry's.
(d) No one treated the Berry's fair.
2. What does Mistress Modesty ask Peggy to be?
(a) Her disciple.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her pupil.
(d) Her friend.
3. What errand was Alvin on for Makepeace?
(a) Getting some raw materials.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Dropping off ordered ironwork.
4. What answer did Redbird give Alvin?
(a) The Maker is one with what he makes.
(b) The Maker is the one who is part of what he makes.
(c) The Maker must be a part of what he makes.
(d) The Maker invests emotionally into what he makes.
5. What did the Prophet show Alvin?
(a) All of these.
(b) How he had succeeded in becoming a Maker.
(c) How he had succeeded in making the world a better place.
(d) A vision of the Crystal City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alvin think when he 'saw' the fresh corpse beneath the soil?
2. Why did Alvin lay down?
3. Why did Alvin shake Horace Guester's hand gladly?
4. What nationality was the girl who answered the door?
5. What did Peggy wish to be?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)