Chapter 1, The Overseer
1. What document did Appalachee sign?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The Equal Rights Bill.
(c) The Fugitive Slave Treaty.
(d) The Right to Freedom Treaty.
2. How old was Cavil's wife when she took to having aches and pains?
3. What did Dolores ask for Cavil to do?
(a) Sleep in another room.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Heal her.
(d) Kill her.
4. What was to happen in the ballroom downstairs?
(a) Their sons were to meet their ladies there.
(b) All of these.
(c) Their daughters were to meet their beaux there.
(d) Their daughter was to have her first dance with her husband there.
5. What did Dolores' hands look like?
(a) Dead crabs.
(b) Dead spiders.
(c) Ashen sticks.
6. What did the lowest kind of creature do?
(a) Live openly in a mixed racial relationship.
(b) Live openly with a black woman.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
7. How much had Cavil bought his new girl for?
(a) Six hundred dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) Seven hundred dollars.
This section contains 4,945 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)