|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Emperor worn out from visiting?
2. What does Seldon say he wants to find?
3. How does Venabili signal approval to Seldon?
4. What does Venabili think they are being fattened for?
5. What does the first monitor show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Demerzel never let himself be seen on the palace grounds?
2. What does Venabili know about robots?
3. When does Demerzel think they should take Seldon in?
4. How do Seldon and Venabili prepare to go to the Sacratorium?
5. Why are Venabili and Seldon suspicious of Casilia?
6. How does Venabili embarrass Seldon?
7. Why does Venabili doubt Hummin is not in charge of the upperside?
8. Why does Mycelium know more about tribespeople than other Mycogenians?
9. Describe the room in the temple that Venabili and Seldon enter.
10. What does Raindrop do to Seldon in exchange for giving Seldon the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline how they helped Seldon to develop his psychohistory theory:
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Why does Mycogen have such a problem with outsiders? In what way is this problem a comment on contemporary 1980s society? What can Seldon and Venabili do to counter the difficulties the Mycogenians have with outsiders?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)