|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Venabili signal approval to Seldon?
2. What does Seldon say he wants to take home to study?
3. Who are only allowed inside the temple on special occasions?
4. What library is the old man licensed to use?
5. What does Venabili say the word Renegade means?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Venabili doubt Hummin is not in charge of the upperside?
2. What does Venabili know about robots?
3. Where does Raindrop lead Seldon?
4. How does Sunmaster say they trapped Seldon and Venabili?
5. Who is Davan?
6. Why is Billibotton even more dangerous than Dahl?
7. How do Seldon and Venabili prepare to go to the Sacratorium?
8. How do Seldon and Venabili defend their action to the police?
9. Why did Rachelle get angry with her officers at the zoo?
10. Why does Demerzel never let himself be seen on the palace grounds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of science? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline how they helped Seldon to develop his psychohistory theory:
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)