|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Seldon immobilize Russ?
2. What kind of knives does Venabili buy?
3. Who knocks on Seldon's door?
4. What is Thalus' rank?
5. What does Seldon ask Venabili if she knows anything about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Demerzel think they should take Seldon in?
2. What does Venabili know about robots?
3. Where does Raindrop lead Seldon?
4. Why is Billibotton even more dangerous than Dahl?
5. What does Raindrop do to Seldon in exchange for giving Seldon the book?
6. How does Sunmaster say they trapped Seldon and Venabili?
7. Why is Seldon disappointed in the Mycogenian's book?
8. Why does Mycelium know more about tribespeople than other Mycogenians?
9. Why are Venabili and Seldon suspicious of Casilia?
10. Who is Davan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1980s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine what it expresses about late 20th century society.
1) The role of women.
2) Predictive powers.
3) Mistrust of other cultures.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Seldon's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Seldon's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does PRELUDE TO FOUNDATION add to Seldon's character?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)