|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book does Seldon read?
2. What does Seldon compare psychohistory to?
3. How does Seldon find Trantorian food?
4. Why is Leggen annoyed?
5. How are Raindrop Forty-Three and Raindrop Forty-Five related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Venabili think the jet must have been a hallucination?
2. Describe how Venabili looks?
3. How does Seldon think Venabili can help him?
4. Why does Hummin think he can help Seldon?
5. Why do Mycogenians have no population increase?
6. How could Randa have accidentally let Seldon down?
7. Why does Seldon think both Hummin and the Emperor are being unreasonable?
8. What advice does Hummin give Seldon before he leaves the university?
9. How does Seldon say assassinations occur?
10. Why does Clowzia say Leggen is annoyed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)