|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Seldon offer Venabili?
2. What does Seldon think Leggen needs to help him?
3. Who does Seldon think is an agent?
4. What does Seldon use to predict the future?
5. What is Hummin's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Venabili and Seldon say to each other when Seldon wakes up?
2. Why does Venabili think the jet must have been a hallucination?
3. How does Randa offer to help Seldon?
4. How do Venabili, Leggen and Benastra save Seldon?
5. Why does Trantor present a problem to meteorologists?
6. Why does Hummin think the Empire is in danger?
7. Why does Hummin think he can help Seldon?
8. How do Hummin's motives for wanting use of Seldon's predictive powers differ from the Emperor's?
9. What does Hummin say about Demerzel in this section?
10. What must one understand for psychohistory to be successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of science? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
Essay Topic 2
What is meteorology? How can Seldon use meterology to help with his psychohistory theory?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Mycogen have such a problem with outsiders? In what way is this problem a comment on contemporary 1980s society? What can Seldon and Venabili do to counter the difficulties the Mycogenians have with outsiders?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)