|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following is a rival of the emperor?
2. What do Expressways run on?
3. What does Seldon compare psychohistory to?
4. Which of the following phrases does Demerzel use to describe Seldon?
5. What becomes inky black?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must one understand for psychohistory to be successful?
2. Why does Seldon find it hard to believe that the Galactic Empire is dying?
3. Why does Hummin think he can help Seldon?
4. Why does Hummin think Leggen is responsible for Seldon's disappearance?
5. Why does Clowzia say the lift has to go so high?
6. What does Leggen tell Venabili about Seldon and his disappearance?
7. What does Hummin say about Demerzel in this section?
8. How does Seldon defend Venabili to Hummin?
9. Why does Venabili think the jet must have been a hallucination?
10. Why does Raindrop find it insulting that Seldon thinks her culture is religious?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
The Foundation series books greatly influenced science fiction. Choose a science fiction book that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)