|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reads 1847?
2. What do the Sisters present Venabili with?
3. What kind of travel became possible 20,000 years ago?
4. What weather had Leggen forecast the day Seldon went missing?
5. What is the only product that the Emperor will eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mycogenians have no population increase?
2. Why does Hummin tell Seldon not to show any distaste for Trantorian food?
3. Who is Hari Seldon?
4. Why does Clowzia say the lift has to go so high?
5. Why does Seldon not want to help Cleon predict the future?
6. Why does Venabili think the jet must have been a hallucination?
7. How does Randa offer to help Seldon?
8. Why does Venabili think that the grays are for women and the whites are for men?
9. What does Leggen tell Venabili about Seldon and his disappearance?
10. Describe how Venabili looks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Seldon's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Seldon's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does PRELUDE TO FOUNDATION add to Seldon's character?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Mycogen have such a problem with outsiders? In what way is this problem a comment on contemporary 1980s society? What can Seldon and Venabili do to counter the difficulties the Mycogenians have with outsiders?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the book? Where could he have learned about the world of science? In what ways is he like or unlike the main character?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)