|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reads 1847?
2. What part of Trantor does Clowzia hate being on?
3. What weather had Leggen forecast the day Seldon went missing?
4. What is the old man wearing?
5. What does Hummin leave for Seldon to help cover expenses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hummin's motives for wanting use of Seldon's predictive powers differ from the Emperor's?
2. What amazes Seldon about the dainties?
3. What does Sunmaster insist Venabili and Seldon do?
4. Why does Hummin think the Empire is in danger?
5. Describe the air taxi Seldon and Hummin use.
6. Describe the air jets take off?
7. Why does Seldon think both Hummin and the Emperor are being unreasonable?
8. Describe how Venabili looks?
9. How does Seldon think Venabili can help him?
10. Why does Seldon not want to help Cleon predict the future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is meteorology? How can Seldon use meterology to help with his psychohistory theory?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1980s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)