"Mathematician" (pp. 1-24)
1. What does Seldon use to predict the future?
2. Who does Cleon think has the strings to bring Seldon to him?
3. What is Allen Wellis' rank?
4. What planet does Seldon live on?
5. What does Seldon say must underlie all things?
6. Who does Seldon say long predictions would interest?
(b) No one.
(c) People in the future.
7. Which of the following phrases does Demerzel use to describe Seldon?
(a) Loose cannon.
(b) Crazy loon.
(c) Loose screw.
(d) Friendless mathematician.
8. Who of the following is a rival of the emperor?
(a) General Klum.
(b) General Opiate.
(c) Mayor of Wye.
(d) Mayor of Horan.
9. Where does Seldon meet Chetter Hummin?
(a) A parking lot.
(b) An airport.
(c) A bar.
(d) A park.
10. What is Hummin's job?
(a) Private eye.
11. Which of the following words does Hummin use to describe Demerzel?
(a) Cleon's monkey.
(b) Cleon's aler ego.
(c) Cleon's chump.
(d) Cleon's lover.
This section contains 2,870 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)