"Mathematician" (pp. 1-24)
• Emperor Cleon and his Chief of Staff Dermerzel discuss Hari Seldon, a mathematician who says he can predict the future.
• Cleon tells Demerzel to bring Seldon to him.
• Lt. Allen Wells escorts Seldon to the Imperial Palace.
• Seldon explains his theory to the Emperor and the Emperor tells him he wants possession of the tool.
• Cleon asks Seldon if someone is likely to assassinate him in the future. Seldon gives him a one in two chance.
• After Cleon dismisses Seldon, Demerzel enters the room to analyze the interview. Demerzel tells the Emperor Seldon is a loose cannon.
• At the airport Seldon meets a journalist called Chetter Hummin. Hummin tells Seldon that the Emperor will not let go of him.
"Flight" (pp. 27-46)
• Two large men approach Seldon and demand he leaves the planet Trantor. When things get nasty Hummin intervenes, dragging Seldon into the crowds...
This section contains 1,896 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)