|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to discover Steve's accident?
2. Why did Steve think that Steve Bence was Spanish?
3. What was the most important race of Steve's 1974 European tour?
4. What did Steve say he was going to do at his new house that his friends didn't think he had time for?
5. What did Steve do when he returned from his tests in January, 1975?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Steve's greatest drawback in Europe?
2. What did Steve tell those conducting the psychological tests he participated in 1975 about how he felt?
3. What was Steve's opinion on his running ability?
4. How did Steve's car accident happen?
5. Why did the AAU have problems with Steve wearing Nike clothes and shoes?
6. How did Steve's fans feel about him?
7. What did Bill Alvarado do to help Steve when he discovered the accident?
8. Why were the "Stop Pre" shirts created?
9. What did going to Europe mean to American athletes in the 1970's?
10. What was Steve's 1974 Europe tour like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Steve's opinion after the 1972 Olympics.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Steve related to his fans.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles that Steve's track coaches played in his life.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)