|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Steve's girlfriend in 1975?
2. What time did Steve leave his last party?
3. Where did Steve go in January, 1975 for a series of physical and psychological tests?
4. How many hours of sleep did Steve get each night?
5. What did Steve do when he returned from his tests in January, 1975?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Steve go after leaving the track after his last race?
2. What did being an open athlete mean to Steve?
3. What did Steve tell those conducting the psychological tests he participated in 1975 about how he felt?
4. How did Steve feel about being accused of not caring about women's track?
5. How did Steve's fans feel about him?
6. What was Steve's 1974 Europe tour like?
7. What was Steve's reaction to John Hall's prediction of how he would place in the LA Times Indoor Meet?
8. Where did Steve live in the months after college was over?
9. How did Steve's car accident happen?
10. How did Steve relate running to art?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book the author alludes to the fact that Steve may have had a drinking problem, discuss that using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Steve's hometown of Coos Bay felt about him.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Steve related to his fans.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)