|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said "That man has something no runner in my time had"?
2. What led Steve to have problems with the AAU?
3. What club was Steve involved in with Hollister and Bannister?
4. Where did Steve go in January, 1975 for a series of physical and psychological tests?
5. What was Steve's favorite bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steve do before leaving the track after winning his last race?
2. What kind of reception did Steve get when he arrived at the July Games in Stockholm?
3. What was one of Steve's strongest traits?
4. How did Steve's fans feel about him?
5. What was Steve's opinion on his running ability?
6. How did Steve relate running to art?
7. Why were the "Stop Pre" shirts created?
8. What was Steve's greatest drawback in Europe?
9. Where did Steve live in the months after college was over?
10. What happened when Steve participated in the 1975 LA Times Indoor Meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Steve adopted Eugene as his hometown.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Steve's feelings were on running prior to high school.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Steve related to his fans.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)