|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Steve leave his last party?
2. Readers of what magazine voted Steve the most popular track athlete in 1975?
3. What did Steve say he was going to do at his new house that his friends didn't think he had time for?
4. What act did Congress pass in 1978?
5. What did Steve place in the 1975 CYO meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Steve's reaction to John Hall's prediction of how he would place in the LA Times Indoor Meet?
2. What did Bill Alvarado do to help Steve when he discovered the accident?
3. What kind of reception did Steve get when he arrived at the July Games in Stockholm?
4. What was Steve's opinion on his running ability?
5. What did Steve's job at Nike entail?
6. What was Steve's 1974 Europe tour like?
7. What was Steve's greatest drawback in Europe?
8. Why were the "Stop Pre" shirts created?
9. What point in his life had Steve reached when he began the 1975 track season?
10. Where did Steve go after leaving the track after his last race?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Steve's relationship with his family.
Essay Topic 2
The subtitle of Pre is "The story of America's Greatest Running Legend." Discuss why the author thought that Steve was America's Greatest Running Legend.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's opinion of Steve.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)