|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Steve say he ran so hard?
2. Who beat Steve in the Pac-8 cross country meet at Stanford?
3. How many seconds did Steve's time beat that of the previous record holder?
4. What was Steve's middle name?
5. What running season did Steve skip after the Olympics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steve's competitors notice about him at the beginning of the 1973 cross country season?
2. What did Steve say that would cause him to not be able to live with a loss?
3. What skills did Steve have that made him a good runner?
4. What did Terry William's say about Steve's running style when training?
5. Who helped Steve with his Olympic training after the trials were over?
6. What changed Steve's attitude about running?
7. What was Steve's attitude before every race he ran?
8. Why did Steve feel so bonded to the people in Eugene?
9. How did Steve do at the Oregon Twilight meet of 1973?
10. How did Steve feel about the mandatory Olympic training camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Steve's feelings were on running prior to high school.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Steve's talent as a runner.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles that Steve's track coaches played in his life.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)