|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the 1972 Olympics take place?
2. What was Steve's job in his fraternity at college?
3. What was Steve's final time in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
4. How did some view Steve's confidence in college?
5. What did Terry Williams say about Steve's training runs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steve do to "Jack Frost" when he insisted on running with Steve?
2. What did Steve's college coach say set Steve apart from other athletes?
3. What was Steve's average training day like?
4. Why did Steve say that training was grim?
5. What did Pat Tyson say about living with Steve?
6. What was Steve's attitude before every race he ran?
7. How did Steve's college track coach remember Steve as a college freshman?
8. What was the difference to Steve between running on the road and running on track?
9. What did Dan Berger say about the way that Steve handled interviews?
10. Why did Steve feel so bonded to the people in Eugene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Steve's opinion after the 1972 Olympics.
Essay Topic 2
In the book the author alludes to the fact that Steve may have had a drinking problem, discuss that using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Steve's feelings were on running prior to high school.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)