|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Steve's last undergrad race take place?
2. What was the name of the football team in Steve's hometown?
3. What was the only serious running injury that Steve ever suffered?
4. What kind of car did Steve have in 1972?
5. What year did Steve join the cross country team?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Steve not to meet his running goals for his first season?
2. How did Steve go about breaking other runners when he was racing against them?
3. What did Steve say about his odds in the Olympics?
4. Who helped Steve with his Olympic training after the trials were over?
5. What did Steve tell Don after beating him in the Pac-8 in Seattle?
6. What did Steve's high school coach say about Steve's talent as a runner?
7. What was Steve's public persona like?
8. Why did Steve gain a fan base in high school?
9. What did Bob Kennedy say about Steve's running style?
10. How did Steve feel upon his return from the Olympics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reaction to Steve's death.
Essay Topic 2
The subtitle of Pre is "The story of America's Greatest Running Legend." Discuss why the author thought that Steve was America's Greatest Running Legend.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Steve adopted Eugene as his hometown.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)