|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author what abilities must a world class runner attain and maintain?
2. What running season did Steve skip after the Olympics?
3. What was the name of the previous record holder?
4. What was the name of Steve's dog?
5. What pace did Steve keep when running?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Steve say that would cause him to not be able to live with a loss?
2. Why did Steve become defensive of his life in college?
3. What did Steve tell Don after beating him in the Pac-8 in Seattle?
4. How did Steve feel when he lost races?
5. What skills did Steve have that made him a good runner?
6. How did Steve go about breaking other runners when he was racing against them?
7. What did Dan Berger say about the way that Steve handled interviews?
8. Why did Steve gain a fan base in high school?
9. How did Steve feel about the adulation he received from the public?
10. What was Steve's average training day like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Steve adopted Eugene as his hometown.
Essay Topic 2
The subtitle of Pre is "The story of America's Greatest Running Legend." Discuss why the author thought that Steve was America's Greatest Running Legend.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Steve viewed his hometown of Coos Bay.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)