|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Steve's number one reason for running?
2. What was Steve's time when he beat the record in Norway?
3. What did Steve say that training was?
4. What was the title of the film based on Steve's life?
5. In what city did Steve buy a trailer to live in while in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bob Kennedy say about Steve's running style?
2. What did Steve's high school coach say about Steve's talent as a runner?
3. What caused Steve not to meet his running goals for his first season?
4. What did Don Kardong say about how those in the racing community felt about Steve?
5. What did Steve say that would cause him to not be able to live with a loss?
6. How did Steve feel upon his return from the Olympics?
7. What did Dan Berger say about the way that Steve handled interviews?
8. What was Steve's public persona like?
9. What did Steve's coach say about Steve as a runner?
10. What did Pat Tyson say about living with Steve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reaction to Steve's death.
Essay Topic 2
The subtitle of Pre is "The story of America's Greatest Running Legend." Discuss why the author thought that Steve was America's Greatest Running Legend.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Steve's opinion was before the 1972 Olympics.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)