|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What region strongly promoted track meets in the summer of 1974?
2. What did Steve give to Nike?
(a) A face.
(d) Good repore.
3. How many hours did Steve sleep each night while in Europe in 1974?
(a) 9 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
4. Where did Steve's first European race of 1974 take place?
(a) Espoo, Finland.
(b) Alavus, Finland.
(c) Hanko, Finland.
(d) Tampere, Finland.
5. How did Steve feel toward his fans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did others say about Steve's relationship with his fans?
2. Where did Steve go in January, 1975 for a series of physical and psychological tests?
3. Where did Steve die?
4. Who upset Steve with his race placement predictions in 1975?
5. What act did Congress pass in 1978?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Steve's opinion on his running ability?
2. How did Steve feel about being accused of not caring about women's track?
3. How did Steve relate running to art?
4. What kind of reception did Steve get when he arrived at the July Games in Stockholm?
5. What did Bill Dellinger say that Steve had that no runner in his time had?
6. Why were the "Stop Pre" shirts created?
7. Where did Steve go after leaving the track after his last race?
8. What point in his life had Steve reached when he began the 1975 track season?
9. What did going to Europe mean to American athletes in the 1970's?
10. What was Steve's greatest drawback in Europe?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)