|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was created as a memorial at the site of Steve's crash?
(a) A sign.
(b) A rock.
(c) A cross.
(d) A statue.
2. What led Steve to have problems with the AAU?
(a) His lying.
(b) His mocking their rules.
(c) His breaking thier rules.
(d) His honesty.
3. What region strongly promoted track meets in the summer of 1974?
4. What was Steve's favorite bar?
(a) Paddock Tavern.
(b) The Underground.
(c) Regal Beagle.
5. What town did Steve buy a house in after college?
(b) Coos Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What race was created in honor of Steve?
2. What did Steve relate running too?
3. Readers of what magazine voted Steve the most popular track athlete in 1975?
4. Where did Steve die?
5. What was Steve's job title with the company that hired him after college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did going to Europe mean to American athletes in the 1970's?
2. Where did Steve live in the months after college was over?
3. What did Steve do before leaving the track after winning his last race?
4. What did Steve tell those conducting the psychological tests he participated in 1975 about how he felt?
5. How did Steve relate running to art?
6. What was one of Steve's strongest traits?
7. What point in his life had Steve reached when he began the 1975 track season?
8. How did Steve feel about being accused of not caring about women's track?
9. What was Steve's opinion on his running ability?
10. What kind of reception did Steve get when he arrived at the July Games in Stockholm?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)