|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of excitement was in the people watching Steve race?
2. Readers of what magazine voted Steve the most popular track athlete in 1975?
(a) Track and Field News.
(b) Track and Field Digest.
(c) Field and Track News.
(d) Field and Track Digest.
3. What did Europe mean to the American athletes of the 1970's?
(a) It was not a good place for athletes.
(b) It was a great place to be.
(c) It was full of promise.
(d) It meant having a more devoted crowd at their meets.
4. How were Steve's views about an Olympic medal different in 1974?
(a) He thought the rules for winning one were to strict.
(b) He wanted a medal not the medal.
(c) He no longer had interest in winning one.
(d) He thought it was not worth the cost.
5. What did others say about Steve's relationship with his fans?
(a) He thrived on it.
(b) It was the most important thing to him.
(c) He lived for it.
(d) He didn't care about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the training that Steve participated in spring 1975 occur?
2. Where did Steve and his girlfriend go together first after his last race?
3. What led Steve to have problems with the AAU?
4. Who said that in his day runners "never would have taken a victory lap"?
5. What time did Steve finish the most important race of his 1974 European tour in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did being an open athlete mean to Steve?
2. How did Steve's car accident happen?
3. What happened when Steve participated in the 1975 LA Times Indoor Meet?
4. What kind of reception did Steve get when he arrived at the July Games in Stockholm?
5. What did Bill Alvarado do to help Steve when he discovered the accident?
6. What was Steve's 1974 Europe tour like?
7. What was Steve's greatest drawback in Europe?
8. How did Steve feel about being accused of not caring about women's track?
9. How did Steve's fans feel about him?
10. What did Steve do before leaving the track after winning his last race?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)