|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Steve's girlfriend in 1975?
(a) Nancy Alleman.
(b) Brittany Alleman.
(c) Elizabeth Alleman.
(d) Mindy Alleman.
2. What place did Steve finish in the July Games in 1974?
3. What did Frank Shorter say that Steve was?
(a) Always healthy.
(b) A chronic complainer.
(c) A happy person.
(d) Always sick.
4. What bad nickname was given to Amateurism?
5. What club was Steve involved in with Hollister and Bannister?
(a) Decatholon Club.
(b) Triathalon Club.
(c) Track Club.
(d) Mile Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Steve finish his last indoor race of the 1975 season in?
2. Where did Steve drop his other passenger off?
3. How many meters was Steve's first European race of 1974?
4. What traits marked Steve's personality?
5. What led Steve to have problems with the AAU?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Steve go after leaving the track after his last race?
2. What did going to Europe mean to American athletes in the 1970's?
3. How did Steve relate running to art?
4. What were the major causes of Steve's disagreements with the AAU?
5. What did Steve tell those conducting the psychological tests he participated in 1975 about how he felt?
6. Why did the AAU have problems with Steve wearing Nike clothes and shoes?
7. What was Steve's reaction to John Hall's prediction of how he would place in the LA Times Indoor Meet?
8. What was Steve's 1974 Europe tour like?
9. What did being an open athlete mean to Steve?
10. What was Steve's greatest drawback in Europe?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)